Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Venturiation wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 11:59
In a Viaplay broadcast, pit reporter Mervi Kallio said there was already talk in the pits that Horner would have to step aside. She says she has spoken to "a few players" about the matter.

The decision has apparently already been made, Kallio told the programme, standing in front of the Red Bull garage.

Why he hasn't been removed, if such a decision has already been taken, is perhaps down to the fine-tuning of the details. Of course, this is all just speculation," Kallio continued.
https://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000010242993.html
Just for the record:

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

I feel like, whatever actually happened between Horner and the woman, his position is becoming untenable due to the negative PR it is attracting.

Could he stand down as Team Principle but remain CEO, but take a more low key, factory based, approach I wonder?
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

dans79

PapayaFan481 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:43
Could he stand down as Team Principle but remain CEO, but take a more low key, factory based, approach I wonder?
I'm not sure what the uk legal ramifications would be, but I think the press and general public would probably eat him and the team alive in that type of scenario!
201 105 104 9 9 7

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

True
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Watto
Watto

PapayaFan481 wrote:
I feel like, whatever actually happened between Horner and the woman, his position is becoming untenable due to the negative PR it is attracting.

Yep

That the rumors that have transformed. And that Ford and the FIA weighing in think means he goes either way - Feeling more and more where there is smoke here is fire.

And no can't see him staying on too much bad PR.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Did that many people blindly believe the ViaPlay thing for it to have been misquoted? Genuinely curious. Still, writing seems on the wall for Horner. I think Wheatley is a great choice and RB won't suffer too much - Horner was really just the PR guy at the end of the day from what it seems but who knows

Watto
Watto

SoulPancake13 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 02:32
Did that many people blindly believe the ViaPlay thing for it to have been misquoted? Genuinely curious. Still, writing seems on the wall for Horner. I think Wheatley is a great choice and RB won't suffer too much - Horner was really just the PR guy at the end of the day from what it seems but who knows
Think its everything put together that leaves me thinking thaty way. Just the sense that one way or another they want him out with various leaks.Plus the outside pressure to to resolve it.

I think Wheatly would be a good call if it were to happen

organic

I think he's gone before the end of the week

denyall

organic wrote:I think he's gone before the end of the week
I'm expecting Friday afternoon local time.

astracrazy
astracrazy

PapayaFan481 wrote:
Pure cancel culture that. If he is found to have done something wrong, sure. Otherwise he should be backed and up to him if he wants to continue or not.

Rikhart
Rikhart

astracrazy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:47
PapayaFan481 wrote:
Pure cancel culture that. If he is found to have done something wrong, sure. Otherwise he should be backed and up to him if he wants to continue or not.
It's how the world has been for years and years now. If people think they live in actual democratic freedom of speech countries, they're deluded, you just have to have the wrong PERCEIVED (or real) conduct or opinion, you're canceled.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

You realise it’s the capitalist system that would result in an early exit? Red Bull are an advertising agency that happens to sell soft drinks.

Watto
Watto

If there was nothing in it all he’d survive but one of those things I think there is enough of something happening we will probably never know CH maybe get a payout and a NDA and we probably will never know exactly what true and not

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

astracrazy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:47
PapayaFan481 wrote:
Maybe, but it is also just simply PR. You don't want someone who is perceived to have done something as the face of your company.

I play guitar and there's a pedal maker called Mike Fuller who got "cancelled" during the BLM riots after he spoke out about the effect on small business owners of the rioting. He has since had the opportunity to explain what he meant, that he was not criticising what the BLM movement stood for, but just pointing out that it was costing small business owners their livelihoods etc. Yet still some retailers will not stock his products. And he did not do anything wrong, simply had a comment taken out of context.

I don't agree with it (in the Mike Fuller situation I simply say to people - if you don't like him, don't buy his products) but that is how the world of business works.

Red Bull are no longer the sole name people think of for energy drinks. Indeed they are second in terms of market share after Monster. They may not even want to be associated with someone who is even perceived to have done what the rumours say Horner might have done.

De Wet

littlebigcat wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:25
You realise it’s the capitalist system that would result in an early exit? Red Bull are an advertising agency that happens to sell soft drinks.
:lol: :lol: