2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1doc
F1doc

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

GoranF1 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 20:00
Compare to others race pace does not look good. Lower engine mode or just 1 sec slower?
Difficult to assess testing times, and even moreso here as Alonso was much more competitive on pace than Stroll last year. The potential of this car hasn't been shown.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Potential of this car is still a mystery, at least in the hand of Lance. All hope on Alonso to show us some light at the end of the tunnel :lol: :lol: :lol:

organic

Yeah I would estimate they're about where we expected ahead of testing. The car looks significantly less difficult than the late-season AMR23. Stable and predictable. Maybe running a bit higher and softer more like ferrari than mcl/Merc/RB

FNTC
FNTC

"And Red Bull chief Wache finds the front wing on Mercedes’ new car for the 2024 Formula 1 season ‘very interesting’. The Frenchman admits the Silver Arrows caught him by surprise at pre-season testing with the concept. Wache also thinks Aston Martin have a ‘quite good’ car."
https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/red-bu ... 1-testing/

"Quite good" from the Red Bull technical director doesn't sound too bad. :-k

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Oh my ... what do u think about that? :cry:

Last edited by Rikrikrik on 22 Feb 2024, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

FNTC wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 22:43
"And Red Bull chief Wache finds the front wing on Mercedes’ new car for the 2024 Formula 1 season ‘very interesting’. The Frenchman admits the Silver Arrows caught him by surprise at pre-season testing with the concept. Wache also thinks Aston Martin have a ‘quite good’ car."

That’s nice to hear!!

KimiRai
KimiRai

xReVo wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 17:39
The degradation wasn't bad, except that Ferrari and Williams lapped a second faster with the same tyres. Unfortunately we can't compare the race pace, the degradation is good
Well we aren't a second behind Williams :lol: you can be sure of that

NAPI10
NAPI10

Even if it's not lighting up the screen from 'Race 1' ; it's not the end of the world. Mlcr has shown that you can still come back stronger if you know the issues.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 23:31
Even if it's not lighting up the screen from 'Race 1' ; it's not the end of the world. Mlcr has shown that you can still come back stronger if you know the issues.
I don't think there are any apparent issues with the car at least from what we've seen so far, it would just be development and piling downforce on the car

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 23:29
xReVo wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 17:39
The degradation wasn't bad, except that Ferrari and Williams lapped a second faster with the same tyres. Unfortunately we can't compare the race pace, the degradation is good
Well we aren't a second behind Williams :lol: you can be sure of that
Well, this season will have surprises....but fortunately for Fernando I don't think that will be one of them... :lol:

issey
issey

FNTC wrote:

I don’t know this magazine and from the looks of it I wouldn’t trust it…

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

issey wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 23:51
FNTC wrote:

I don’t know this magazine and from the looks of it I wouldn’t trust it…
You can often find the source of the quotes by putting some part of the text into direct quotes in google.
"Mercedes is surprising for me," Waché said in a conversation with GPblog.com. "Their concept is surprising. It's interesting. Aston also is quite good. I didn't have time to see the rest in more detail. They didn't reveal as much during their presentation. But I'm sure we'll find some interesting stuff."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/260976/r ... hrain.html

Wache was referring to the "appearance" of the Aston Martin, not it's testing pace. The interview took place before the test in Bahrain so it's not about testing pace. Wache is basically saying he'll see the other cars at the Bahrain test becaus they didn't reveal so much in presentations (thus it's an earlier interview).

KimiRai
KimiRai

Whether in the hands of Fernando Alonso or Lance Stroll, the Aston Martin looks like a good, sensible car.

The drivers can carry the speed, the traction is good and they can feed in the power positively and relatively early in the exit phase - and any understeer the car picks up is easily manageable.

It’s difficult to say how quick it is, but like last year’s car at this point in the season it’s working well.
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/f1-2 ... -anderson/

In the past Aston was usually a little bit lighter during preseason testing compared to other teams. In my opinion this is no longer the case, but I don't have any proof really. I don't think there is a gap as big as for example 5 tenths to McLaren and 7 to Ferrari even if they are ahead, we'll find out in a week in any case

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic could be right and Aston doesn't seem to run quite as close to the ground as other cars, for example the amount of sparks they throw looks much less than others if I'm not mistaken. Do they still have to lower the car and find more pace, or is it a conscious design choice, or was there a problem? What do you think?

quincalla
quincalla

Rikrikrik wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 22:47
Oh my ... what do u think about that? :cry:

"Matthew J Thompson" is not a journalist or even a real person, it's just a troll that constantly makes stuff up. Block it and move on.