2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:06
According to Julien Fabreau, who is known to frequently chat to Pierre Waché, it seems the problem of slow speed cornering has been eliminated with the rb20. However riding kerbs remains the weakest point
AFAIK wheels are heavier this year which means more unsprung mass so it’s going to be difficult to balance softer setup for riding kerbs and stiff enough for high speed, not to mention RB20 has high Cg (central cooling, heavier liquid cooling) compared to RB19 which again requires stiffer setup.

I’m delighted that they fixed low speed but is it at the cost of high speed or medium speed? Time will tell.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

organic

Silent Storm wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:19
organic wrote:
According to Julien Fabreau, who is known to frequently chat to Pierre Waché, it seems the problem of slow speed cornering has been eliminated with the rb20. However riding kerbs remains the weakest point
AFAIK wheels are heavier this year which means more unsprung mass so it’s going to be difficult to balance softer setup for riding kerbs and stiff enough for high speed, not to mention RB20 has high Cg (central cooling, heavier liquid cooling) compared to RB19 which again requires stiffer setup.

I’m delighted that they fixed low speed but is it at the cost of high speed or medium speed? Time will tell.
They wouldn't compromise their main strength. From data it looks like they're still strong in the higher speed corners @ Bahrain. But we'll see come quali on Friday

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Silent Storm wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:19
organic wrote:

The redbull looked the best at riding the Curbs to be fair. So if that's their weakness I feel very sorry for other teams. The car handles unsprung weight and the transfer of weight very very well from what I've seen.

organic

AMuS after testing:
Perez crept through the paddock with a depressed face. The teammate was on average six to seven tenths faster. “Perez has to get Max out of his head and run his own program,” advises Marko. The Mexican is already getting nervous about his future plans. He is positioning himself everywhere in case he loses his place at Red Bull. And no one wants to go there voluntarily.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

So I wasn't the only one who thought Perez's pace was poor.

The troubling part is that this is one of Perez's best circuits.

Slightly sour if no solution to kerb riding.

venkyhere
venkyhere

viewtopic.php?p=1190551#p1190551 cross posting from another thread, since content is valid for this thread as well.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 14:41
So I wasn't the only one who thought Perez's pace was poor.

The troubling part is that this is one of Perez's best circuits.

Slightly sour if no solution to kerb riding.
To be fair max said the car will be good at street tracks, So I wouldn't read "the weakness is still riding kerbs" as "there has been no improvement to kerb riding".

I think with a car that is focused on producing a lot of DF like RB do it simply requires running stiffer with these cars. Ferrari and this year to an extent AMR seem to run softer but at the expense of the higher speed cornering. Considering the calendar as a whole that isn't really a worthwhile tradeoff, as we saw with the rb19

Henri
Henri

marko not happy.. Perez will be replaced by Daniel if he underperforms in the car

organic

Yeah that test was quite poor from Perez unfortunately. Good mileage but last year in testing he at least put in a good showing. However this year I scarcely remember a purple minisector from Checo despite running, to my eye, comparable programs to max

He wasn't down on power or anything. Just seemed to lack confidence

chrisc90

Ill give Perez until weekend 2 or maybe 3 to see what he's like in comparison to Max this year (in terms of how far behind).
Only testing at the minute so we dont know the run plans etc, but we'll see. If he's too far behind - I dont expect him to last long in the main team.

Does anyone know if the rules allow DR to swap with Perez for a few races and swap back?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 21:03
Ill give Perez until weekend 2 or maybe 3 to see what he's like in comparison to Max this year (in terms of how far behind).
Only testing at the minute so we dont know the run plans etc, but we'll see. If he's too far behind - I dont expect him to last long in the main team.

Does anyone know if the rules allow DR to swap with Perez for a few races and swap back?
Bahrain is one of Perez's best circuits. If he's not competitive here, it is maybe worth a seat swap...

Rikhart
Rikhart

What were you people expecting? He had an absolutely abysmal year this past season, it will only go downhill. He's not getting younger, he's on 4 children I think at this point (good for him, best thing there is, but they do take up a lot of your processing power!)...

vorticism

venkyhere wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 14:55
viewtopic.php?p=1190551#p1190551 cross posting from another thread, since content is valid for this thread as well.
If evaluated by the RV-Sidepod legality volume only, both RB20 & W13/14 achieved a zeropod: there was nothing above nor below the upper SIS shroud. There are other ways to define what the term means and there's no consensus yet apparently.
𓄀

organic

For me a zeropod would be no undercut plus mid wing containing the upper SIS

Vanja #66

chrisc90 wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 21:03
As far as I'm aware, every team can name up to 4 different drivers to race every season, so it's possible. Lawson was Ric's replacement while Ric was injured, same rules in that case. Though, swapping back and forth is not how you evaluate drivers, you have simulators, tyre tests and FP sessions to do that. Going back and forth means messing up both drivers, period.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie