Silly season 2024-2025

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

selvam_e2002 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 06:07
Alonso with AM 2+1 so, he has 1 year left with AM. Honda going to supply engine for AM in 2026. Alonso will not stay with AM in 2026. The driver market will wind up in 2024 itself.

Once Honda with AM, Honda will try to put his driver along side with Stroll Jr. Hence Alonso will not be in AM in 2026.

The only option Alonso has is jumping the ship in 2025 with 2+1 . The option he has is:

1. RB -> but I doubt because he already had bad experience with Honda when they return to F1 with McLaren. Ford is new so He will not move to RB in 2025
2. Mercedes -> it is the only and best option available for him. It is best to move to Mercedes with 2+1 so he will be driving till 2027 then retire from sports at the age of 46. It is the best option for Alonso

else,
retire from F1 in end of 2025 which I doubt because he will explorer 2026 rule change.
Apart from not having been in the best of terms, how do you know Honda will say no? Are you sure they would be allowed to have a say in the choice of drivers?

In any case if the "Honda driver" is Tsunoda, with all due respect to both drivers, a Tsunoda/Stroll lineup would be too poor for a team with championship ambitions.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Zynerji wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:43
LeC to RBR in 2025 via buyout/clause I'm thinking. I don't think Charles is going to stay with Hamilton coming...
I don't think he would do that, especially if Hamiliton gives Ferrari the kick up the backside it needs. The wheels might come off the Red Bull Racing wagon if Horner is let go. If the rumour is true Newey has the option to walk away from Red Bull if Horner leaves/quits. Take with a pinch of salt.
https://x.com/joesaward/status/1754778325220741588?s=20

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

1158 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 09:04
I've never heard HAM talk about any endurance interest, but could part of the Ferrari deal include a shot at Le Mans post F1? I wonder if it's something he would even consider.
Doubt it, he dislikes testing in F1, and doesn't even like driving road cars, I doubt he'll want to spend hours racing a much slower car around the clock. Plus all the BoP nonsense.

continuum16

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:02
1158 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 09:04
I've never heard HAM talk about any endurance interest, but could part of the Ferrari deal include a shot at Le Mans post F1? I wonder if it's something he would even consider.
Doubt it, he dislikes testing in F1, and doesn't even like driving road cars, I doubt he'll want to spend hours racing a much slower car around the clock. Plus all the BoP nonsense.
He spent 9 months driving the W13 and MP4-24; I think he'd sign up for 24 hours in a 499P. :lol:

More seriously I think this would only happen if he gets no. 8 at the team and then retires. If he gets swept away in the romantics of it all then I wouldn't put anything off the table. It would be better, however, if the 24h was not also on an F1 weekend. I reckon we'd see a few "bonus" works entries from teams like Ferrari, Alpine, Honda (if they get the Acura LMDh over to France), Aston, etc. with F1 drivers at the helm.

And I'm not a fan the BoP shenanigans, but as we saw in 2023 if the powers that be want to massage the rules to, erm, encourage a Ferrari win it can be done.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

dialtone
dialtone

Encourage a Ferrari win? Lmao. Most BoPed team of the year probably.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 23:25
Le Mans '23, Nürburgring '23, Daytona '24.
A lion must kill its prey.

dialtone
dialtone

Silly season 2024-2025

AR3-GP wrote:
dialtone wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 23:25
Le Mans '23, Nürburgring '23, Daytona '24.
They don’t even follow the same rules of BoP. All that shows me is they built great cars that won 3 very different races.

And if I were Ham I would consider this in my decision for post f1.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Drivers with experience is a bit of a trend these days with the revival of Daniel Riccardo and with the relative success of Nico Hulkenberg. He out qualified every car in the field last year including Max with one of the worst cars on the grid.

Somebody should give the torpedo, Dannil Kvyat a try. He was good enough to be Red Bulls top prospect at one point. He also beat Daniel Riccardo one year. He would come back more level headed too. At the end of his previous stint, he was over driving as he felt his seat slipping away. It would be different the second time.

Big Tea

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 01:42
Drivers with experience is a bit of a trend these days with the revival of Daniel Riccardo and with the relative success of Nico Hulkenberg. He out qualified every car in the field last year including Max with one of the worst cars on the grid.

Somebody should give the torpedo, Dannil Kvyat a try. He was good enough to be Red Bulls top prospect at one point. He also beat Daniel Riccardo one year. He would come back more level headed too. At the end of his previous stint, he was over driving as he felt his seat slipping away. It would be different the second time.
This is not going to work. I have said several times Danial is a far better driver than advertised, but there is a preconception of him being there for the money
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Big Tea wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 04:39
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

This is not going to work. I have said several times Danial is a far better driver than advertised, but there is a preconception of him being there for the money
Riccardo could have had a Haas seat but he wanted 10 million. And took his chances without a ride at the beginning of the season.

djos

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 05:13
Big Tea wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 04:39
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Riccardo could have had a Haas seat but he wanted 10 million. And took his chances without a ride at the beginning of the season.
Daniel wasnt serious about joining Haas, I think he said 10M to get rid of them. I think he might have gone back to Renault/Alpine, but going back to RedBull as reserve was the smart move and Im glad he did this.
"In downforce we trust"

mendis
mendis

Marko talks about Daniel's chances for a Red Bull seat.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-hel ... 3%20season.
"Ricciardo has to show that he has Tsunoda clearly under control. Then he might be a candidate."
If Daniel doesn't beat Tsunoda convincingly, he might be vacating the seat to either Lawson or another Red Bull Junior. If he beats Tsunoda, then if Perez has a disastrous year, then that's the chance of Daniel to get back to Red Bull. Marko also said, if Perez performs at the level of the last few races of 2023, he would continue.
Last edited by mendis on 26 Feb 2024, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

djos

mendis wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 05:32
Marko talks about Daniel's chances for a Red Bull seat.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-hel ... 3%20season.
"Ricciardo has to show that he has Tsunoda clearly under control. Then he might be a candidate."
Yeah, I think that is only fair.
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

To me the RB candidates are Sainz, Ricciardo and outside chance on Alonso. Marko said no decision will come before August.
A lion must kill its prey.

djos

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 05:38
To me the RB candidates are Sainz, Ricciardo and outside chance on Alonso. Marko said no decision will come before August.
I think Daniel will ultimately be their choice. One thing he's already proved at RB/AT is that he can develop a car and Yuki doesnt seem to have that ability. RBR also know that Daniel likes the same style of pointy car that Max likes - that would result in 2 drivers who can both be extracting the cars potential week in, week out.
"In downforce we trust"