2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Zak Brown: “AlphaTauri [RB] is, from what I understand, moving to the UK, which I think will benefit both teams.” #-o
“So, this A/B team and co-ownership, which is a whole other level of A/B team, is a big concern to ours for the health of the sport, and the fairness of the sport.” #-o

But RB team principal Mekies has explained that Brown’s suspicions about his team moving is wrong.

He has clarified that while his team is relocating some of its current UK staff away from its Bicester aero facility to a new building in Milton Keynes, Faenza will remain as its headquarters.

“We have a very good facility in Faenza, and we think the base is very good to build on,” explained Mekies.
“But we are not happy with what we have in Bicester today in terms of infrastructure. We don't think we put our guys in the best possible position there, simply because of the history of it.

“It was a very small facility that got outgrown. And we had it because we were using our wind tunnel in Bicester, which is not the case anymore.”

Mekies explained that RB has agreed to close down operations at Bicester and relocate personnel.

“We are building a brand-new headquarters in Milton Keynes, outside of the Red Bull campus, and that's going to be state-of-the-art facilities in the same way that we have a high level facility in Faenza.”

Mekies said that having operations in the UK was especially valuable for helping attract staff who were not interested in relocating to Italy.

“We will have more capacity, meaning that if tomorrow we want to go to the job market and get somebody that wants to stay in the UK, regardless of what department, it's now possible to get a single department to be split between two locations and, with today's technology, be working together,” he said.

“Historically, it's been a huge downside in F1 to do that. There aren't many successful examples of that, we are conscious of that, but we are thinking as the world has changed massively it's not only technology, it's also people's mindset. We are trying to make that work and we think it could turn into an advantage.”
The Power of Dreams!

McLarenMor
McLarenMor

In no sport one ownership has 2 teams in the same league.
it goes against every sport logic and fairness.
Think about 1 owner for 2 teams in the Premier league, one is fighting for the championship and the other is not, they meet at the season finale and we all know the team that needs the victory will win it.
It's the same when RB lets RedBull cars pass much more easily, it's just an unthinkable situation that should not have happened from the word go.
Second, let's not get into politics and votes that RB had against any logical interest of a small team.
It was all about RedBull's money back than to Bernie, It would have never happened with any logical ownership.
There is no sugar-coating it, it's just an absurd situation.

zeroday

I still have high confidence RB Team can be 2nd best on grid this year seeing as how they've almost fully xerox'ed the RB19 this year and every other team (besides our sister team) have been totally incompetent for the past 2 years. So look for RIC to be on the podium more often than not, which is nice.

zeroday

McLarenMor wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 16:17
In no sport one ownership has 2 teams in the same league.
it goes against every sport logic and fairness.
This is F1 though, logic tends to take a back seat. And well, since 2021 FIA will routinely break their own rules without shame, only to put out a presser the following day apologizing for their fumble. I am just glad RB is still fully taking advantage of F1's broken-ess while the refs are happy being greased for their "service". Adds more interesting drama into another mundane already decided season.

bigblue

Better outlaw customer engines as well, then.

Jambier

I think the end goal is to sell this team.

They already are opening this year and withdrawing their name.

So they will make a good midfield team with Red Bull contrat to buy some pieces and then sell this very good platform

This is the best team to buy for someone coming to F1

And I agree that in theory it makes no sense to have 1 owner for 2 teams

dren

Need 2 owner for 1 team.
Honda!

runningmanz
runningmanz

zeroday wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 16:43
I still have high confidence RB Team can be 2nd best on grid this year seeing as how they've almost fully xerox'ed the RB19 this year and every other team (besides our sister team) have been totally incompetent for the past 2 years. So look for RIC to be on the podium more often than not, which is nice.
The team said it's not a copy of the RB19. Alot of the aero is different. Who knows how the floors compare too. Having said that it's great to have the same suspension front and rear now and all the other parts they can use.

Hope they were sandbagging a bit in the test to stop ppl like Zak moaning to the FIA. It's not RBs fault it they nail the regs while Haas who take parts from Ferrari keep getting it wrong. Besides the aero side obviously makes alot of difference and is not easy to nail. Let's see.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Interesting comments from Marko about Dan's pace too on day 1. Is RB actually the dark horse that some believe this season and not just a mid field runner. Roll on this weekend!

Marko commented to Auto Motor und Sport, as quoted by GP Blog:

"If Ricciardo had not been hampered by Pierre Gasly yesterday, he would have set the second-fastest lap."

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... marko-lm22

djos

runningmanz wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 00:06
Interesting comments from Marko about Dan's pace too on day 1. Is RB actually the dark horse that some believe this season and not just a mid field runner. Roll on this weekend!

"If Ricciardo had not been hampered by Pierre Gasly yesterday, he would have set the second-fastest lap."

Wow, that bodes well! [-o<
"In downforce we trust"

TFSA

runningmanz wrote:

I think you're reading too much into what Marko said. 2nd fastest in testing, doesn't mean 2nd fastest team. I'd be very surprised if RB had made such a step.

They've likely surpassed a few teams compared to last Season (Alpine has seem to gone backwards, and Williams also), but they're not gonna be a frontrunner.

djos

TFSA wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 01:16
runningmanz wrote:

I think you're reading too much into what Marko said. 2nd fastest in testing, doesn't mean 2nd fastest team. I'd be very surprised if RB had made such a step.

They've likely surpassed a few teams compared to last Season (Alpine has seem to gone backwards, and Williams also), but they're not gonna be a frontrunner.
It's also quite possible the RB has excellent 1 lap pace and average race pace - that said, with a decent car, Daniel has always been a beast in qually!
"In downforce we trust"

JPower
JPower

djos wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 01:18
TFSA wrote:
runningmanz wrote:

It's also quite possible the RB has excellent 1 lap pace and average race pace - that said, with a decent car, Daniel has always been a beast in qually!
Has he? I wouldn't count qualifying as one of his strengths.

djos

JPower wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 05:28
djos wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 01:18
TFSA wrote:

Has he? I wouldn't count qualifying as one of his strengths.
Look at his junior career, he usually won his races from Pole. He had 33 Poles (not including karting) and 28 wins, that's an 84% conversion rate. In F1 he has 3 poles and 8 wins - amazingly, most of those were not starting from pole.

Plus these comments from Jos back that up.
find it very difficult to say. I do think maybe he learnt the most from Daniel Ricciardo, a nice peer he got on very well with. Max was a young guy then and Ricciardo really good, a qualifying beast.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jos-max-v ... -ricciardo
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

TFSA wrote:
runningmanz wrote:

I'm not saying they are second best at all, just imo there's a better than average chance they will be quicker than 6th best team given the trajectory they were on since last year and now adding front RBR suspension, other parts and notable personnel changes etc. Even just with the rear RBR suspension last year they made a good jump in performance.