Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

boiler wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 17:27
organic wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 17:03
boiler wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 16:54
Why is Ford even sticking their nose into this right now? Outside of the hardcore fans the majority of the people that follow F1 have no clue they will be writing Redbull a check in TWO years, I agree this smells like Ford is laying the ground work to turn tail and get out without losing face..... Farley needs to focus on fixing Fords quality not what a team they have nothing to do with right now is investigating internally....
What do you mean sticking their nose in? The procedure so far has been imo highly irregular. Why publicise this investigation halfway through and then have essentially radio silence on it from RB themselves for over a month ? I'm just not following the logic and I think ford are struggling as well. Due to the association every day it continues besmirches their name too which they've built up over the past century, especially for them as Horner was a key player in bringing the Ford-RB partnership about

They have every right to put pressure on RB
Like I said outside of the die hard fans the majority of people that tune in on the weekends have no clue Ford will be writing a check in TWO years, no one brought Ford into this except Ford from a PR standpoint this makes no sense at all unless they are pursuing an angle we are not privy to in their contract with RB. If SHTF they can say we spoke up and nothing was done so bye bye RB.

For third parties sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut especially when you have no say in the matter.

NO, Ford are paying money NOW, not in 2 years.

Luscion
Luscion

Sky is reporting that a resolution to the investigation is coming before the Bahrain GP, either tomorrow or wednesday

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... bahrain-gp

The extensive report, which is thought to run well over 100 pages, is now in the hands of the Red Bull GmbH board, who will ultimately decide whether Horner remains in his dual roles of team principal and chief executive. A decision is expected to be made and communicated on either Tuesday or Wednesday, when Horner is scheduled to return to Bahrain from the UK. The opening practice sessions of the 2024 F1 season take place on Thursday, ahead of Saturday's race.
Last edited by Luscion on 26 Feb 2024, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Alert alert conclusion reached

Resolution expected 'Before Bahrain GP'

Expecting him to be dismissed and Wheatley to take Team Principal position

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

This close to the start of the season? Damn. Wheatley isn't a bad replacement at all though(if Horner does get sacked of course... imo it seems quite likely but who knows)

zeroday

organic wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 19:35
Alert alert conclusion reached

Resolution expected 'Before Bahrain GP'

Expecting him to be dismissed and Wheatley to take Team Principal position
Ricciardo assured 2nd RB seat just evaporated down to significantly less likely.

franbatista123

SoulPancake13 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 19:53
This close to the start of the season? Damn. Wheatley isn't a bad replacement at all though(if Horner does get sacked of course... imo it seems quite likely but who knows)
My feeling is that if he truly was going to leave we'd have heard more leaks by now. Just a hunch though.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Good this saga is over before we go racing again. If he is gone, we will hear well before official announcement. Tomorrow might be the day.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Wheatley seems like a good option to step in as TP, but if not him then what about bringing back someone from the founding days of Red Bull Racing.... Gunther!!! 😝
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Watto
Watto

If this is what happens it feels like it was coming for a while the constant leaks against CH almost seemed calculated - whether what happened is as serious as made out or using what ever happened (and I have very little doubt *something happened* ) as a leaver to move CH on who knows.

Wheatly sounds like a good replacement think would mostly keep things running the same

Chuckjr

Would be absolutely tragic if his career at Red Bull ended like this, after all the incredible success they have enjoyed as a team with him at the helm.
Watching F1 since 1986.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Chuckjr wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 00:11
Would be absolutely tragic if his career at Red Bull ended like this, after all the incredible success they have enjoyed as a team with him at the helm.
“If” it ends like this he will only have himself to blame

RedNEO

"Sources have since suggested that no such evidence (of sexual misconduct) was submitted in the complaint itself" against Christian Horner”
https://archive.is/yEPtW

Not even surprised. Turns out no evidence of the fake news campaign against him was even in the complaint. This is coming from the times of all people.

Watto
Watto

RedNEO wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 00:25
"Sources have since suggested that no such evidence (of sexual misconduct) was submitted in the complaint itself" against Christian Horner”
https://archive.is/yEPtW

Not even surprised. Turns out no evidence of the fake news campaign against him was even in the complaint. This is coming from the times of all people.
Some of that is why I felt something else is going on - I think there was something done to initiate the whole thing but early the rumors specifically noted it was not of a sexual nature it was about controlling then more mud was added felt almost like an effort to remove him by tarnishing his reputation almost PR smear 101- still a little chance he survives but just feels like an effort to remove him by someone/somewhere was made

Cs98
Cs98

Interesting. If it turns out there was no evidence of that nature filed in the complaint some of the stories and rumours that have been going around these past couple of weeks are extremely libelous.

f1jcw
f1jcw

So….

All newspapers lie, so posters say.

Times prints a story that suits, TIMES is telling the truth! What happened to all newspapers lie :?: