Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RedNEO

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 01:17
So….

All newspapers lie, so posters say.

Times prints a story that suits, TIMES is telling the truth! What happened to all newspapers lie :?:
I don’t see what point you are trying to make.. the truth always catches up with liars. I don’t see any reason for a paper to lie now since the resolution is coming so better to save face and sneak out the truth when the damage is already done and they have made all their money.

bagajohny
bagajohny

RedNEO wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 00:25
"Sources have since suggested that no such evidence (of sexual misconduct) was submitted in the complaint itself" against Christian Horner”
https://archive.is/yEPtW

Not even surprised. Turns out no evidence of the fake news campaign against him was even in the complaint. This is coming from the times of all people.
If this is true then chances are that he will stay.

Paa

I keep hearing and reading that the Austrian side or Jos or whoever wants to get rid of Horner, but nobody provides a valid reason for that. I mean why would they?
Horner is extremely successfully in what he is doing and currently on the top of things. It is beyond stupid to internally break this right now.

I mean it people have egos and do stupid things all the time, so it is not impossible, but still would like to understand the reasoning behind.

f1jcw
f1jcw

RedNEO wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 01:23
f1jcw wrote:
So….

Times prints a story that suits, TIMES is telling the truth! What happened to all newspapers lie :?:
I don’t see what point you are trying to make.. the truth always catches up with liars. I don’t see any reason for a paper to lie now since the resolution is coming so better to save face and sneak out the truth when the damage is already done and they have made all their money.
You don’t see a reason for a paper to lie. So the Dutch telegraph was also telling the truth.

Or is your opinion Dutch paper lied and Times telling the truth.
Do you know why you think that? Nothing to do with one writing your preferred story.

What is the truth and what is lie?
Even if Horner stays and we hear nothing more, that has no bearing on truth.
There’s that movie quote “The truth is what I say it is”

RedNEO

f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 01:38
RedNEO wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
So….

You don’t see a reason for a paper to lie. So the Dutch telegraph was also telling the truth.

Do you know why you think that? Nothing to do with one writing your preferred story.

First of all - the times isn’t the same paper as the Dutch Telegraph which reporter that lie. Second - liars are capable of telling the truth when it suits them. I think you know this but are choosing to be deliberately obtuse about this issue.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

“Sources have suggested”. Which sources? And if its only a suggestion it cant be seen as fact imo. We await the verdict and the 100 page report.

pob

I would be totally shocked for a fine upstanding gentleman and decent family man such as Christian Horner to have been found guilty of sexual misconduct. He definitely doesn't seem like the sort of egotistical person who would flirt with his female work companions. And he and Geri seem so happy on Drive To Survive, with their completely unscripted conversations. He isn't the sort of person who would seek out a mistress on those long fly away sections of the calendar.
It's far more likely to be where he has spoken a little harshly to some snowflake employee who has taken it the wrong way. And haven't you heard: he is a great manager who everybody at the team loves because he smiles and says hello to his employees.
The reports of it being not sexual are definitely not part of obfuscating the matter in the media by certain red bull members as part of a deal for Christian to later quietly walk away from the team to save face once they finally find the amount that the complainant will accept for all this to be swept out of public view.

f1jcw
f1jcw

RedNEO wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 01:48
f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 01:38
RedNEO wrote:

First of all - the times isn’t the same paper as the Dutch Telegraph which reporter that lie. Second - liars are capable of telling the truth when it suits them. I think you know this but are choosing to be deliberately obtuse about this issue.
Nope, not obtuse, just amused how quickly TIMES is telling TRUTH but Telegraph is telling lies. I think everyone who is a bystander would be equally amused by such a black and white stance.

And as I said, we will never know the truth, it may all go away, that doesn’t mean he was innocent or guilty, it means nothing.
Last edited by f1jcw on 27 Feb 2024, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

f1jcw
f1jcw

pob wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 02:03
I would be totally shocked for a fine upstanding gentleman and decent family man such as Christian Horner to have been found guilty of sexual misconduct. He definitely doesn't seem like the sort of egotistical person who would flirt with his female work companions.
This the same Horner that was having an affair with Geri whilst his wife was pregnant or was that a different Horner?

Rereading I’m getting a feeling of sarcasm :lol:

denyall

"they came out and said there's no evidence" doing an awful lot of work on your argument there... Not even sure who they is! Haha

Watto
Watto

f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 03:21
So Horner has being investigated over nothing, there has been no evidence. Everything is made up. 650k was offered over nothing. Okay.
I've tended to be of the opinion something happened to trigger this all though never quite known if it was a genuine issue or or they've used a real complain that may have previously been ignored under DM to remove Horner. I don't think it gets a messy as it had without something being wrong. Just I think how bad/serious is the complain.

hollus

A gentle reminder to everyone to keep it civil and to remain respectful.
Rivals, not enemies.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

What time is the first media session tomorrow?

I think it's safe to assume that if we don't hear anything by then, then Horner will be staying.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Wouter

PapayaFan481 wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 11:09
What time is the first media session tomorrow?

I think it's safe to assume that if we don't hear anything by then, then Horner will be staying.
I think the announcement from the investigation will be today because the Media Day starts round noon and when somebody is spotting Horner tonight at the airport in Bahrain the statement from the investigation is to late when they do it tomorrow.
Also when Marko, Newey, etc arrive at the airport without Horner this will be known sooner than the announcement.
The Power of Dreams!

aran.vtec
aran.vtec

There is allot of discussion here and i haven't had a chance read through everything but has the possibility of it being something other than inappropriate misconduct with a female employee as what media seems to think it is?

Could be something like discrimination towards race/religion/gender(transgender) etc?

They fired a driver because of a racial incident and if this is the same is could explain why everything has been handled in the way is has.