Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Quantum

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:46
ispano6 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:42
Would it be legal to file a defamation suit against Ford and Zac Brown?
Obviously they could have kept quiet, but decided to fuel the flame. It no doubt cast a "dark shadow" and defamed Horner.
They didn't defame him though, just the usual corporate BS speak of trying to signal your virtues without saying anything of substance. De Telegraaf on the other hand...
They might be Horner owned soon. That's if Horner goes ahead with the threats of litigation?
"Interplay of triads"

AMG.Tzan

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:37
Full statement
“The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial. The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned. Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards.”
😂😂😂

“The investigation report is confidential”
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Redragon

Journalism at its best, we saw the evidence, we know better, we don't say the name of the victim to protect her. All lies to sell more. Shame the state of the media this days. Now see if those journalists really appologise, but I am guessing they are trying to find another victim to blame. Well good to see that an independent group did the investigation, whatever the outcome was.

chrisc90

I think given the lack of facts surrounding everything we have to take RB and their external lawyers word for it.

Pointless looking for ways to still find a person guilty of how something wasn’t done right.

Just be careful - some comments here could land the poster and the forum in bother if your making things up from now on.

Cs98
Cs98

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:39
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:30

Wow…. It’s an independent barrister. Glad due process gets followed here. The current accusatory culture really is sweeping the world like the pandemic. One “wrong” word and you can be prosecuted/fired. We’ve literally been given advice at work about this very subject yesterday: motto: protect yourself
Independent barrister hired by the Thai's, that then went missing.
The same Thai's that protected the killer of a policeman.
Shure, can't get anymore independent lol
Never let emotion cloud your judgement….
We were treated to lectures on morality earlier in the day. Judging by this reaction to the dismissal of the allegations I'd guess he didn't follow his own advice? Or could there perhaps have been an ulterior motive all this time? Hmmm.

mendis
mendis

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:50
Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:37
Full statement
“The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial. The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned. Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards.”
😂😂😂

“The investigation report is confidential”
In a professional world, that's what happens, as legally required by laws of the land.

Keeping the confidentiality of both parties should have been an absolute requirement, which was leaked for a public trial of a man. Utterly disgusting.

Watto
Watto

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:48
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:30
AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:24
Classic Red Bull!

They’ll never accuse any one of Horner, Marko or Verstapen for something!

Had it been a junior driver he would have been fired without even investigating him…just by the accusations 😂

Embarrassing! I hope Ford takes action at least…
Wow…. It’s an independent barrister. Glad due process gets followed here. The current accusatory culture really is sweeping the world like the pandemic. One “wrong” word and you can be prosecuted/fired. We’ve literally been given advice at work about this very subject yesterday: motto: protect yourself
About that independent Barrister. 3 facts standout.
Chalerm Yoovidhya appointed, and took a vacation immediately after the interview with Horner, and was uncontactable by RB Gmbh to provide his findings immediately. On the surface it appears Yoovidhya might have instructed the Barrister to go on holiday, or knew they were going on holiday.
This report now becomes submissible evidence in court.
Unless the next course of action is to pay complainant off as is the way with Chalerm Yoovidhya.
What does he do if the complainant files with court?

It really also should be noted, Barristers have ZERO authority to judge any case. They provide legal arguments and advice. For transparency Red Bull must release their findings or this PR disaster is just going to fester.
Don’t think the Findings of this really need to be public nor do I really think it would achieve anything I think peoples selective reading would mean they’d see what they want , the FIA and Ford no doubt deserve to know and could perhaps make judgement on it if now happy. And the accuser has the right of appeal

mendis
mendis

What a shame to all those clowns in the media that cooked so many disgusting stories to earn a few dollars. They couldn't have fallen any lower.

dans79

Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:04
And the accuser has the right of appeal
That wording makes no sense to me (in the release), it was an internal investigation not an actual court case!
197 104 103 7

f1jcw
f1jcw

langedweil wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:49
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:47
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

Never let emotion cloud your judgement….
Nope, just facts posted.
Often made mistake: taking opinions for facts ..
Which part is opinion and which isn't fact.

1. The lawyer was hired by Thai's? I think that was reported, so fact.
2. It was reported he went on holiday. So I'd put that down as fact.
3. So we have the Owners son, have you read up on that, I presume you think that he was protected after killing a policeman is just opinion then?

FW17

The 100 pages of text messages when recorded and played backward mentioned some very exxxc requests

Quantum

dans79 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:07
Watto wrote:
That wording makes no sense to me (in the release), it was an internal investigation not an actual court case!

Nor is a Barrister a judge :lol:
"Interplay of triads"

epo
epo

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:06
What a shame to all those clowns in the media that cooked so many disgusting stories to earn a few dollars. They couldn't have fallen any lower.
Yeah hope he brings the ppl who leaked and spread misinformation to court, pathetic. And the reaction of the people who were just celebrating the fall of CH and RB, just wow.

Cs98
Cs98

dans79 wrote:
Watto wrote:
May be a case of internal policy at RB for all personnel complaints. Say some new piece of evidence emerged of the alleged incident, would be strange if you couldn't appeal then.

Watto
Watto

dans79 wrote:
Watto wrote:
Fair point but just they can take the complaint to court/arbitration if not happy

Seems to indicate there wasn’t a resolution between parties ( payment etc though could be cleaver PR)