Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Redragon

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:36
Redragon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:32
mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:26
"She"?
As the accuser if she feels the result of the investigation is not right and can appeal it. I think makes the process even fairer and independent from the public eye point of view. So there is not speculations that Redbull is hidding or paying or whatever to the now "no victim" as it stands. Clearing any suspicious behaviour of trying to hide the case.
Do we know if it was a female?
that's what all the reports were saying, but hey if he is a Him same opinion. It is fairer for whatever the gender is of the accuser

Cs98
Cs98

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:38
Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:33
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:10

Which part is opinion and which isn't fact.

1. The lawyer was hired by Thai's? I think that was reported, so fact.
2. It was reported he went on holiday. So I'd put that down as fact.
3. So we have the Owners son, have you read up on that, I presume you think that he was protected after killing a policeman is just opinion then?
Often made mistake: taking reporting for facts...
Red Bull confirmed the appointment of the Barrister by Chalerm Yoovidhya.
Is there dispute with the report that the barrister didn't go on Holiday?
Red Bull confirmed the appointment of the Barrister by Chalerm Yoovidhya.
It was reported was it not? RB have only made two statements on this as far as I can remember and neither one of them mentioned the name Yoovidhya.
Is there dispute with the report that the barrister didn't go on Holiday?
It one of a hundred supposed facts reported by media during this whole thing. RB only made two official statements as far as I know and they were focused on announcing the investigation and announcing the result of the investigation, not disputing media reports. Anyhow, must've been a busy holiday if they turned in a 200 page report a couple of weeks later.

TFSA

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:58
The complainant takes this to court and you have a massive headache.
Unless the plan is Red Bull paying her off to remain silent. The problem with that course of action is there's no absolution for Horner, and if he's innocent he wouldn't want that to be casting a shadow over the rest of his F1 career.
Not likely.

Just because someone has exercised a conduct that is worthy of an internal company investigation, doesn't mean said conduct rises to the level of of a civil lawsuit.

So unless Horners conduct can be classified as a sexual assault, violence or similar, the case is likely to get dismissed. Even if you were to raise a wrongful termination lawsuit (assuming the employee was fired in the first place), that's still gonna be an entirely different case, with different points being argued, and different evidence being needed. So it won't prove or disprove anything about how Horner has been conducting himself, but rather be about Red Bull HR procedures.

Then there's the other aspect of a potential criminal case. But if Horner had done something illegal, it would likely be in the hands of the police already, and a case would have been opened. So i very much doubt that.

Quantum

TFSA wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:28
Quantum wrote:
Unless the plan is Red Bull paying her off to remain silent. The problem with that course of action is there's no absolution for Horner, and if he's innocent he wouldn't want that to be casting a shadow over the rest of his F1 career.
Not likely.

Just because someone has exercised a conduct that is worthy of an internal company investigation, doesn't mean said conduct rises to the level of of a civil lawsuit.

So unless Horners conduct can be classified as a sexual assault, violence or similar, the case is likely to get dismissed. Even if you were to raise a wrongful termination lawsuit (assuming the employee was fired in the first place), that's still gonna be an entirely different case, with different points being argued, and different evidence being needed. So it won't prove or disprove anything about how Horner has been conducting himself, but rather be about Red Bull HR procedures.

Then there's the other aspect of a potential criminal case. But if Horner had done something illegal, it would likely be in the hands of the police already, and a case would have been opened. So i very much doubt that.
It might not have happened at work.
"Interplay of triads"

mendis
mendis

The source of every single "report" turned out to be, "Trust Me Bro".

1. Horner has been asked to step down.
2. Horner would be gone by the weekend.
3. Horner sent photos to someone
4. There was a "app traffic" of chat messages.
5. Dietrich's son wants him gone.
6. It was Marko and Jos that are the mafia behind this.

Please add if I missed anything. :lol:

TFSA

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:34
Highly irrelevant. If they're colleagues, and it doesn't rise to the level of a criminal case, then it's still considered a work issue. Doesn't matter if it happened in the office, at the Red Bull christmas party, at the local pub, by text and whether it was within work hours or in their private hours.

Either it's a criminal issue, or it's a Red Bull issue.
Last edited by TFSA on 28 Feb 2024, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Espresso
Espresso

TFSA wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:28
Quantum wrote:
Not likely.

Just because someone has exercised a conduct that is worthy of an internal company investigation, doesn't mean said conduct rises to the level of of a civil lawsuit….
A] Every HR complaint laid out to the company (whether true or false) toward a C-manager has to be investigated by an independent law firm (UK law)
B] Every sexual infringement has to be investigated as criminal case by the police (UK law)

A happened. B did not happen.
Just as well an unhappy/woke employee trying to get money out of it.
Al we know is Horner is deemed innocent. And let’s accept it and go forward.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

f1jcw
f1jcw

It was investigated by a law firm, hired by the Thai. Not sure statement can be made on its independence.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:48
It was investigated by a law firm, hired by the Thai. Not sure statement can be made on its independence.
Is there an official source it was hired by Thai or another Trust Me Bro thing.
Last edited by mendis on 28 Feb 2024, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

TFSA

Espresso wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:44
A] Every HR complaint laid out to the company (whether true or false) toward a C-manager has to be investigated by an independent law firm (UK law)
I don't see how that's relevant to the point i was making? 🤔 Just because a law firm has to investigate it, doesn't mean the complaint rises to the level of a lawsuit. Those are still two vastly distinct things. 😉

Espresso wrote:
Al we know is Horner is deemed innocent. And let’s accept it and go forward.
Discussing where this case might go from here is still highly relevant if you ask me. 🙂 Whether you believe Horner is innocent or not, there's still the option for an appeal, and as Quantum suggested, an actual lawsuit.

Quantum suggested the lawsuit might be a big headache for Red Bull, and i responded with my take, which is that it might not be.

Quantum

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:49
f1jcw wrote:
I supplied it to you.
"Interplay of triads"

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:54
mendis wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
I supplied it to you.
That's a report, like so many other false reports. Red Bull never made any statements about it. If I own a website, i would even write Geri hired him.

Quantum

TFSA wrote:
Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:34
Highly irrelevant. If they're colleagues, and it doesn't rise to the level of a criminal case, then it's still considered a work issue. Doesn't matter if it happened in the office, at the Red Bull christmas party, at the local pub, by text and whether it was within work hours or in their private hours.

Either it's a criminal issue, or it's a Red Bull issue.
I'll refer to this post in a few weeks or months TFSA. :D
"Interplay of triads"

Quantum

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:56
Quantum wrote:
mendis wrote:
I supplied it to you.
That's a report, like so many other false reports. Red Bull never made any statements about it. If I own a website, i would even write Geri hired him.
Well then there's another publication that can be sued for a lucrative defamation suit.
Don't see any disputes from Red Bull on the report though.
"Interplay of triads"

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:59
mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:56
Quantum wrote:

I supplied it to you.
Well then there's another publication that can be sued for a lucrative defamation suit.
Don't see any disputes from Red Bull on the report though.
So there is no official source for the claim of Thai hiring Lawyer. Let's leave this one out now.