Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Venturiation
Venturiation

Re: Horner #2

f1isgood wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:16
Erik van Haren is the only guy so far who has publicly claimed he has seen all this evidence.

Apart from him, the independent barrister, Horner and the victim would have access to the evidence other than the RB board.

It is clear that regardless of whatever happens, someone wants Horner sacked from RB. Power struggle theories make far more sense now. Don't see any other reason for the leak.
not only him, many journalists said they saw the evidence last week but can't publish it

dans79

Venturiation wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:20
f1isgood wrote:
Erik van Haren is the only guy so far who has publicly claimed he has seen all this evidence.

Apart from him, the independent barrister, Horner and the victim would have access to the evidence other than the RB board.

It is clear that regardless of whatever happens, someone wants Horner sacked from RB. Power struggle theories make far more sense now. Don't see any other reason for the leak.
not only him, many journalists said they saw the evidence last week but can't publish it
That will change now though if everyone in the media and the grid got copies!
197 104 103 7

Cs98
Cs98

f1isgood wrote:

Either van Haren but more likely RB Austria. Seems quite clear there is a split between the Austrian side of the business and the Thai side, but the Thais have a controlling stake.

Venturiation
Venturiation

dans79

Venturiation wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:25
Ouch!
197 104 103 7

AMG.Tzan

😂😂😂

I told you it’s classic Red Bull! They’ll never touch Horner, Verstapen or Marko (and probably Newey)!

Announcing “an independent investigation” (when nobody really knows who was the one doing the investigation and what his relationship with Red Bull is) was clearly done for the sake of doing something instead of staying tight lipped!

Not to mention them never announcing the details of the investigation even though they said they would and even their global partner Ford went out of their way into questioning the whole saga and asking for answers!

This clearly smells like covering! After all these 3 I mentioned above have been toxic since day 1 in formula 1! It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they’re also toxic inside their jobs, homes and relations…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

maxxer
maxxer

Well yesterday someone on the other thread said that Horner should sue the dutch paper "De telegraaf", i was tempted to respond but didnt bother too.
As in face the newspaper did report what was true at those times about the investigation being started and later on what was the reason why the investigation was started.
Funny was that the newspaper also posted an article about the fact Horner was cleared, but later on they posted another article about that Horner was not in the clear yet behind their paywall.
So it seemed to me someone really wants to take him down. Otherwise why why, 2 articles same day dutch newspaper ? None of the other world media had 2 articles about it on the same day:

The 2nd from behind the paywall :

Christian Horner acquitted, but ranks within Red Bull are by no means closed
author avatar
By ERIK VAN HAREN
Edited: Yesterday, 9:20 PMYesterday, 8:46 PM in AUTOSPORT

AMSTERDAM - Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner has been cleared of sexual misconduct following an internal investigation by an external lawyer. And so everything is peace and quiet again behind the scenes at the successful Formula 1 team, or is it? Insiders suspect that the saga surrounding the 50-year-old Briton is not over yet.
Christian Horner.
© GETTY IMAGES
Christian Horner.
Horner flew to Bahrain on Wednesday and will be back in the paddock on Thursday, in the run-up to the first race of the season next Saturday. As De Telegraaf previously revealed, he is accused of sexual misconduct by a Red Bull employee.
It previously became clear that the woman in question, whose name is known to the editors, is considering further legal action. Before the outcome of the investigation, going to court was already discussed. She currently also has the option to first appeal against the verdict of the external lawyer, who has now acquitted Horner.
ALSO LOOK AT:
Red Bull confirms: lawyer acquits accused team boss Christian Horner

© ANP/HH
Transparency
In the run-up to the first publication in De Telegraaf about the investigation started by Red Bull's head office, the lawyers of the longest-serving team boss in Formula 1 tried to reach a settlement with the reporter for 650,000 pounds. She decided not to respond and is still working at the racing factory in Milton Keynes.
Red Bull, the head office, refrains from making any further comments. Information about the lawyer's extensive report will not be provided except for a short statement. This is in stark contrast to the letter that Jim Farley, CEO of Red Bull's partner Ford, recently wrote. He stated that he was frustrated by the lack of complete transparency. On Wednesday, Ford refrained from commenting.
Veto right
The fact that Horner is accused of sexual misconduct has not been refuted by anyone involved in the past two weeks, but the Briton himself has always denied the allegations. At the same time, he will also know that he no longer has full support within the top management of Red Bull in Austria. Horner is not only team principal of the successful Formula 1 team with Max Verstappen as the big poster boy, but also the CEO of the racing team, of the Red Bull Powertrains engine department and of Red Bull Advanced Technologies.
ALSO LOOK AT:
Max Verstappen understands that the Christian Horner situation is 'used': 'We would do that too'
ALSO LOOK AT:
Max Verstappen on the eve of the new season: 'Looks promising'
Horner has always felt support from the man with the biggest voice within the energy drinks company; the Thai Chalerm Yoovidhya. He is a 51 percent shareholder in Red Bull. The remaining shares are owned by Mark Mateschitz, of whom it is no longer a secret that he would rather have said goodbye to Horner yesterday than today. Mateschitz is the son of team founder Dietrich Mateschitz, who died in 2022, who had a veto right when it came to these types of decisions and set the rules. His son no longer has that privilege.
Regardless of the legal aspect and whether the reporter persists or not, the conflict at the top of Red Bull also plays a major role in the near future. Will the main actors pretend in the coming weeks that nothing is happening and that everyone is on the same page? It is that the Oscar nominations are already known, because that would mean an acting feat of the highest order.
Verstappen
Fans of Red Bull and Verstappen in particular do not have to worry that the three-time world champion is going crazy about the whole issue. Although he can also hold his own internally. For example, last season, in conversation with the Thai Yoovidhya during the championship weekend in Qatar, he expressed his loyalty to top advisor Helmut Marko. Not without reason, because stories trickled out that Horner wanted to take on more and more responsibilities after the loss of Mateschitz senior. Earlier this year, Marko extended his contract with Red Bull - he is not employed by Red Bull Racing - by three years.
“It doesn't affect me. I focus purely on the performance of the car and myself. Hopefully it will be resolved very quickly," Verstappen said in Bahrain on Wednesday afternoon, a few hours before Horner was publicly exonerated.
Solved for now, but it is a utopia to think that all rows within Red Bull are now closed.
Last edited by maxxer on 29 Feb 2024, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

mendis
mendis

Anyone can generate fake chat messages and load it to Google Drive! We live in a world of AI. :lol: :lol: :lol:

continuum16

Independent of Horner's actions, whatever they may be, I find the "I didn't get the outcome I wanted from the legal system, so I'm going to take it to the court of public opinion" strategy extremely repulsive. Disappointing is not strong enough of a word. People have no standards, no respect for institutions, no qualms about the fact that sensationalism sells better than due process. It's the kind of legal strategy you'd expect from an Orwell story or in a more satirical or darkly humorous context a Verhoeven movie like Robocop or Starship Troopers. I am not familiar with European legal proceedings, but the fact that these files were obtained in the first place suggests at best questionable actions, possibly even tampering with an investigation or someone who, after the fact, took the law into their own hands. Surely there are NDAs on this; it's not uncommon for far less sensitive topics to be hit with NDAs, so already you have legal issues there. IF this information was stolen that opens another can of worms. If it's not true, then this would be a prime candidate for a slander/libel suit. Maybe this is OT but there isn't really somewhere else on this site such a message would be appropriate.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Holy moly - there are reports of the evidence being leaked
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

dans79

continuum16 wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:31
Independent of Horner's actions, whatever they may be, I find the "I didn't get the outcome I wanted from the legal system, so I'm going to take it to the court of public opinion" strategy extremely repulsive. Disappointing is not strong enough of a word. People have no standards, no respect for institutions, no qualms about the fact that sensationalism sells better than due process. It's the kind of legal strategy you'd expect from an Orwell story or in a more satirical or darkly humorous context a Verhoeven movie like Robocop or Starship Troopers. I am not familiar with European legal proceedings, but the fact that these files were obtained in the first place suggests at best questionable actions, possibly even tampering with an investigation or someone who, after the fact, took the law into their own hands. Surely there are NDAs on this; it's not uncommon for far less sensitive topics to be hit with NDAs, so already you have legal issues there. IF this information was stolen that opens another can of worms. If it's not true, then this would be a prime candidate for a slander/libel suit. Maybe this is OT but there isn't really somewhere else on this site such a message would be appropriate.
Could be a team of independent hackers!
197 104 103 7

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

CMSMJ1 wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:32
If the evidence is legit? Then I think it'll be one of the most explosive F1 stories ever.
Especially if Ford weren't given sight of the full report.

Quantum

taperoo2k wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:42
CMSMJ1 wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 18:32
If the evidence is legit? Then I think it'll be one of the most explosive F1 stories ever.
Especially if Ford weren't given sight of the full report.
Where does that leave Red Bull though? I don't understand why they would sacrifice their entire teams legacy for Horner if they tried to bury this.
They must have known there would have been this reaction surely?
"Interplay of triads"

Venturiation
Venturiation

can we post this? i'll delete if not

Better be fake or this is straight embarrassing.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.