Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:25
langedweil wrote:
dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:08

This has nothing to do with cancel culture. It’s not like CH made a bad comment or gave a bad interview or voted for the wrong person. Let’s not boil everything together.

Fans have exerted no pressure whatsoever on this. This is all happening within RB, RBR, Ford and F1/FOM world. This is purely business from that point of view.
You miss the point .. but nevermind
I understand your point but it doesn’t apply here. It wasn’t any different 10 years ago. This news would still go to press, get published, people would need to wait for judgement but in the meanwhile speculate and people would step down to avoid having it talked about too much.

If anything what has changed is that now people accused don’t step down automatically as it used to happen.
I almost wonder with this is Horner at some point just walks anyway to avoid more speculation on himself and the team- especially if things are as unsettled within RBR/RBGhmb as rumours claim

Mogster

Horner is CEO and TP of RBR and RB Powertrains now. Who would sack him?

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

The owner of RBR/RBPT

Santozini
Santozini

Mogster wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:39
Everyone has a boss... :wink:

mafeotul
mafeotul

Well, since I have the drive and seen it, got to see Horner’s chest and file 76, I would say this is the craziest start of the season I have ever had for over 20 years of fandom.

Apparently more leaks confirmed at 18:00 pm local time. This is someone destroying this man forever, whether it’s true or false, and it’s sad to see.

Watto
Watto

Mogster wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:39
Red Bull GmbH as they own Red Bull Technology
Last edited by Watto on 01 Mar 2024, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:49
Well, since I have the drive and seen it, got to see Horner’s chest and file 76, I would say this is the craziest start of the season I have ever had for over 20 years of fandom.

Apparently more leaks confirmed at 18:00 pm local time. This is someone destroying this man forever, whether it’s true or false, and it’s sad to see.
Agreed. It’s malicious intent into character assassination. If he’s guilty then clearly he’s got issues that need addressing but this needed to stay a private matter. Thoughts are with Geri Horner and the kids. Must be tough for them all either at school or for her personally.

mafeotul
mafeotul

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:52
mafeotul wrote:

Agreed. It’s malicious intent into character assassination. If he’s guilty then clearly he’s got issues that need addressing but this needed to stay a private matter. Thoughts are with Geri Horner and the kids. Must be tough for them all either at school or for her personally.
I don’t understand the second release here, like you’ve made your point. Why continue now?

It’s pure evil.

dialtone
dialtone

mafeotul wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

I don’t understand the second release here, like you’ve made your point. Why continue now?

It’s pure evil.
It’s not having the intended effect.

Black Mirror S1E1 from 2011.

Watto
Watto

mafeotul wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:53
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

It’s pure evil.
I guess if someone really wanted him out , probably even moreso I would say it it were true and Horner had not walked away yet

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mafeotul wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

It’s pure evil.
Good question. It almost seems like a public extortion attempt akin to kidnapping

mafeotul
mafeotul

Watto wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:57
mafeotul wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

It’s pure evil.
I guess if someone really wanted him out , probably even moreso I would say it it were true and Horner had not walked away yet
It has to be internal within F1, otherwise how do you get that much information to contact everyone within the F1 world.

Level of doxxing requires proper preparation and serious hacking knowledge and experience. That’s the golden egg here.

Wouter

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
mafeotul wrote:

Glad to see her. She is in Bahrain right now.
The Power of Dreams!

Venturiation
Venturiation

dropping today

dialtone
dialtone

mafeotul wrote:
Watto wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:57
mafeotul wrote:

It’s pure evil.
It has to be internal within F1, otherwise how do you get that much information to contact everyone within the F1 world.

Level of doxxing requires proper preparation and serious hacking knowledge and experience. That’s the golden egg here.
First and foremost this level of doxxing would require an idiot millionaire CEO 50 year old guy with gorgeous wife and children to send d*** pics to an employee after a career of making enemies with brazen behavior.

You can’t leave out this part, Horner isn’t the victim if this is real.