2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Yeah who knows how qualli will pan out. Not sure how Hulk was within a tenth of Max in FP2 so who really knows where everyone is. Lets see.

hasika
hasika

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/1047735
Yuki was not satisfied with the car after FP2.
“I feels like the car was nowhere i want in FP2.Even in the long run,i had some lockup,its very strange.It feels there was some vibrations,i will look at it with the team.”
"It will be a very touch weekend for me if we dont make big changes to the car.The vibration was getting bigger and bigger in the long run,i think there must be some fundamental issues.We will inspect it carefully.I think if we sort it out,we can improve both short run and long run pace.”
Last edited by hasika on 01 Mar 2024, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Interesting as that seems at odds with what Ricciardo said after FP2. Maybe Yuki struggling to find the right setup?

“I think we ended 12th but I do think we've got a little bit more than that,” Ricciardo said.

“I feel like we made some adjustments for the evening session but there's a little bit more we can do.

“A good day, good testing for us, and see if we can crack into the top 10 for quali tomorrow.

“If we put it all together tomorrow, Q3 tomorrow and then points on Saturday – not Sunday,” he added.

“I'm fairly upbeat about the day.

“I know we've got some time to find but I feel like we do know some areas to find it, so I'm excited to get stuck into the data and speak to the guys this evening.”"

https://speedcafe.com/ricciardo-excited ... s-of-fame/

djos

That does seem promising!
"In downforce we trust"

search

"fighting for points" is much worse than what the car was capable of at the end of 2023, though.

Sure, at that point of the season AT benefitted from others not developing anymore, but I'd say the target must still be to improve on that.

runningmanz
runningmanz

search wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 09:50
"fighting for points" is much worse than what the car was capable of at the end of 2023, though.

Sure, at that point of the season AT benefitted from others not developing anymore, but I'd say the target must still be to improve on that.
Well after points it's podium contender but that's a big jump. Are they there yet? Not really but who knows. Mekies did say they might be a bit slower off the mark initially due to developing right till the last race last year but should come on strong as the season progresses. The base car now with front and rear RBR suspension and other RBR parts is a good platform to build from. Pushing for podiums early on would be a nice surprise though. 🙏

mendis
mendis

Not a good start for Daniel to be finishing behind Tsunoda.

JPower
JPower

Elite qualifier Tsunoda. :lol:

hasika
hasika

Very closed to Q3,just 0.007s behind PIA.But still good job for Yuki.

HPD

A little disappointed in the team, maybe my expectations were higher.
From Q1 both drivers were already fighting with the car.
Congratulations tsunoda, proving that my words were not wrong. He is a very fast pilot

Wouter

Good job from Yuki! Just 0.007s from Q3. :(

The Power of Dreams!

vorticism

The livery is looking good this year. 90s/Sega/F1 golden era hints. Not a surprise, they often have the some of the best liveries on the grid.

𓄀

continuum16

JPower wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 18:43
More like P11 merchant Tsunoda :mrgreen:

One day is not enough to draw definitive conclusions. But certainly a poor day for ace qualifier Daniel Ricciardo.

More important is that the car isn't an absolute boat like last year's was for the first few races. :D
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

JPower
JPower

continuum16 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:09
JPower wrote:

One day is not enough to draw definitive conclusions. But certainly a poor day for ace qualifier Daniel Ricciardo.

More important is that the car isn't an absolute boat like last year's was for the first few races. :D
I know I know. Its just funny after the last 3 pages talking up the qualifying god Ricciardo. :lol:

I think they'll be pretty evenly matched across the season.

continuum16

JPower wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:00
continuum16 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:09
JPower wrote:

I know I know. Its just funny after the last 3 pages talking up the qualifying god Ricciardo. :lol:

I think they'll be pretty evenly matched across the season.
Agreed. 8)
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain