2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Snap in S3, yes, but a lot of guys had moments in Q3, so all in all it’s equal again I guess.

K1Plus
K1Plus

I think we can confidently say the car is an "all-rounder." Could have been P3 if he didn't do that mistake in Sector 3.

Jambier

Wow impressive!

Very happy it is super close in qualy, RBR and Ferrari seem to be the two best but every hope are allowed for Aston

Let’s see race pace now, keeping in mind that Bahrain is special track.

Development will be key this year!

alonsofan
alonsofan

I can see sparkle in Nando's eyes. He himself has said it in the past, that give me a car within 2 tenths of the fastest car, and I'll be the champion. Lets see. I'm super excited.

zoroastar

im curious how much the cool temps affected them. last year they had problems keeping heat in the tires. overall, better than most in here were expecting haha. hopefully they are still faster in race pace than in quali

zoroastar

KimiRai
KimiRai

snajam wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:09
I dont get the negativety here from some users. Its a non works outfit(not as established as mcl). Yes last year couldve been a fluke but theyve understod and sustained the performace this year. Almost upto p3, and much lower delta to pole as last year. Mega job i would say. I just hope the overnight setup changes also help deg. That S2 was mega, the turn in into t11
It's an incredible job, no questions. I am very sorry for being so negative, I apologize a thousand times. Unlike last year where Ferrari Mercedes and McLaren had made mistakes during the winter, this year they were fully back in the game, so it's a real test. Plus still being a customer team and not having a works partnership yet, still without their own windtunnel and other things that have yet to be completed this year, while still building up their own gearbox department... this team is destined to perform miracles :D wow. Being only 0.35 tenths behind the pole in this circumstance is absolutely amazing. I dont think they even expected it, Alonso certainly did not.

There is some real grey matter back in Silverstone. By the time Alonso chooses his future later this year, the wind tunnel and the new simulator will be close to completion. It is very tempting and he should really consider staying. This technical department has enormous talent
Last edited by KimiRai on 01 Mar 2024, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Did they find something on the setup from thursday to friday? Wish we could know. Race pace is still a question mark but hopefully it is good too

alonsofan wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:43
I can see sparkle in Nando's eyes. He himself has said it in the past, that give me a car within 2 tenths of the fastest car, and I'll be the champion. Lets see. I'm super excited.
zoroastar wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 22:22
You are right, great seeing this smile back :D

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:00
Snap in S3, yes, but a lot of guys had moments in Q3, so all in all it’s equal again I guess.
It was that last Turn on to the straight. Like i said. He lost .15 there.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I am watching with interest.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Making a mistake on turn 14 is already a tradition at this point :lol: but if you read through the different team threads everyone is like this, must be the conditions which have facilitated mistakes, lots of them this qualifying

xReVo
xReVo

KimiRai wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:13
Making a mistake on turn 14 is already a tradition at this point :lol: but if you read through the different team threads everyone is like this, must be the conditions which have facilitated mistakes, lots of them this qualifying
Guys, there will never be a perfect lap, there will always be some mistakes in some parts of the track. The fact is that the gap is excellent (but we need to see the other tracks and above all there are 5 teams in half a second). We'll see tomorrow, the race is what counts. Let's hope that at least this time the developments (without there being various bans) are at least up to the competition. When I said that Redbull is the goal and not the fifth, fourth, third etc. I meant exactly that. In terms of race pace, based on the times seen yesterday, they were all very fast and with little degradation, so I think it will be the start is essential. Let's go guys!

KimiRai
KimiRai

xReVo wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:44
KimiRai wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:13
Guys, there will never be a perfect lap, there will always be some mistakes in some parts of the track. The fact is that the gap is excellent (but we need to see the other tracks and above all there are 5 teams in half a second). We'll see tomorrow, the race is what counts. Let's hope that at least this time the developments (without there being various bans) are at least up to the competition. When I said that Redbull is the goal and not the fifth, fourth, third etc. I meant exactly that. In terms of race pace, based on the times seen yesterday, they were all very fast and with little degradation, so I think it will be the start is essential. Let's go guys!
Yes it was just teasing. Onwards to the race.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Set-up change has given them a good balance in sector 2 ; which should improve tire degradation.

diffuser

quincalla wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:53
SSJ4 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:48
Wonder how pace will be on soft compound compared to yesterday with setup changes. Did we save a brand new set for tomorrow. Since Fernando only had done 1 run in Q1/Q3?
No because he used two sets in Q2. I think of the top 10 only RB have a set of new softs, but they only have a set of hards, the rest have two.
You have 4 sets of softs and a 5th if you make it into Q3.
In Q1 Alo went back out for a 2nd run but never ran a hot lap...In Q2 I'm not sure if the first-run was on the last set of tires from Q1 or a fresh set. If it was a fresh set, it would mean 2 sets of softs used in Q1, 2 in Q2 and 1 in Q3. Total of 5. That would leave a wost case senario that they could start the race on that last set tires from Q1. which they only did and outlap and a inlap on. Best case scenario, the used that last set of tires from Q1 as the first set in Q2 and they'll have a brand new set of tires left over for the race.