Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

f1jcw wrote:It is interesting that Ford have yet to say anything, they made a fuss about transparency.
They are probably dealing with RB directly now and evaluating their options. Nothing in front of them is easy to do. 1 day isn’t enough to make a call of this kind.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

langedweil wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 01:47
Seanspeed wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 01:37
dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:03
No they don’t. Half the people in this forum are defending him. People on reddit and certain journalists were calling the documents fake based on no expert analysis. We’re very very far from a critical mass of people calling for his head and then there’s the little fact of him not having stepped down yet so… this has nothing to do with cancel culture, again if the allegations were true, an actual crime would be committed, this isn’t the expression of a controversial opinion.
Seriously. F1 is a 'boys club' sport and it's wild to pretend that Horner is some victim of some giant mob when there's been an extraordinary amount of people trying their best to downplay and dismiss the claims from the beginning, even when we knew very little. And to be clear, those calling for heads to roll without more evidence were not being rational either, but it's obvious there's an incredible amount of people trying to exaggerate these things in order to push a certain agenda.
That's kinda what I meant ..
It's almost like I was agreeing with you! I know it's strange to experience on the internet, but not everybody who responds to your comments is trying to fight you. lol :wink:

mendis
mendis

dialtone wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 03:08
f1jcw wrote:It is interesting that Ford have yet to say anything, they made a fuss about transparency.
They are probably dealing with RB directly now and evaluating their options. Nothing in front of them is easy to do. 1 day isn’t enough to make a call of this kind.
Why would they be evaluating their options? Because there is some unsubstantiated material lying on Internet or that those that does not like Horner wants them to? :)

jagunx51

1. does the female employee resigned ?
2. if yes, does she have capability to do the whole scenarios? spreading rumours, upload in googledrive, etc
............!!!!

dialtone
dialtone

mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Why would they be evaluating their options? Because there is some unsubstantiated material lying on Internet or that those that does not like Horner wants them to? :)
You have blamed the other side of your argument for doing exactly what you are doing. Try to be more objective. Maybe imagine that what you are seeing was instead happening to Hamilton or Toto Wolf.

Watto
Watto

Did anything come of the so called 2nd leak?

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

TFSA wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:20
west52keep64 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:09
Perhaps they felt it was neccecary by that point? We aren't see the whole story here, just the point from which these messages were captured. Also, the other party can delete messages so going back later might be too late. This looks to me like they started capturing the evidence when they felt it would be needed.

Don't get me wrong, well spotted, but I don't think this is the slam dunk you hope it is.
I never said it was a slam dunk. I said it was suspicious.

But someone cleared up the reason a few posts later. Apparently WhatsApp only show dates etc. for a second and then hides it.

With that said, it's still interesting to me that every screenshot is a unique point in the conversation. There were no points amongst all of the messages, where more than one screenshot was needed to cover a longer stretch of conversation.

Again, not about slam dunks. Just observations. And it's not just in Horners defense. I've also observed that some of the material seems rather unique. There's a video of Horner singing, which definitely looks private. Probably not something that's easy to come by for someone who doesn't know Horner. This is just me satisfying my need to play detective, and hopefully to the benefit of the discussion 🙂
But do you think it is just a fluke that this female employee launched these complaints against Horner and there happens to be a power struggle happening at the top of Red Bull at the exact same time ?

The messages and stuff is besides the point. The complaints were either launched in good faith or they weren't.

I really don't understand what the power brokers at Red Bull who want him out expect to get out of this. If Horner can prove that this was a pre planned character assassination of him, then this will open Red Bull up to a monstrosity of a lawsuit. You can't just destroy someone's life because you want them to quit. Just imagine the damage it would do to the brand. How is any of this worth it ?

dialtone
dialtone

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 07:11
But do you think it is just a fluke that this female employee launched these complaints against Horner and there happens to be a power struggle happening at the top of Red Bull at the exact same time ?

The messages and stuff is besides the point. The complaints were either launched in good faith or they weren't.

I really don't understand what the power brokers at Red Bull who want him out expect to get out of this. If Horner can prove that this was a pre planned character assassination of him, then this will open Red Bull up to a monstrosity of a lawsuit. You can't just destroy someone's life because you want them to quit. Just imagine the damage it would do to the brand. How is any of this worth it ?
Does it matter that Horner himself said that this "power struggle" isn't real?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian ... s-red-bull

Or in this case Horner is lying?

mendis
mendis

dialtone wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 06:10
mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:

You have blamed the other side of your argument for doing exactly what you are doing. Try to be more objective. Maybe imagine that what you are seeing was instead happening to Hamilton or Toto Wolf.
My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.

dialtone
dialtone

mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:
mendis wrote:Why would they be evaluating their options? Because there is some unsubstantiated material lying on Internet or that those that does not like Horner wants them to? :)
My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.
I don’t know it’s genuine, I don’t know it’s fake. You seem to know it’s fake.

basti313
basti313

dialtone wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 09:39
mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Why should it be fake? Still, running up and down through the messages, there is nothing wrong. He had a mutual affair with his PA and the messages clearly show that it was mutual with all usual comm issues. In the middle she was unhappy to even be booked into a different hotel...
At the end they tried to end it mutually with also all usual problems that come up once you have too much fun with your PA. I mean...the end just clearly tells the storry, why it is stupid and wrong to have an affair with your PA.

There are some strange screenshots, the ones from the lock screen. But do they matter?
Don`t russel the hamster!

DDopey
DDopey

dialtone wrote:
mendis wrote:
dialtone wrote:

It’s up to the accuser and in this case you belong to that side to come up with proof. And this means verified proof, not some images without backing. Without proof, yours and others accusations are meaningless and is it just gossip and rumors.

dialtone
dialtone

DDopey wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:30
dialtone wrote:
mendis wrote:My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.
It’s up to the accuser and in this case you belong to that side to come up with proof. And this means verified proof, not some images without backing. Without proof, yours and others accusations are meaningless and is it just gossip and rumors.
I have to come up with nothing. And once again you have dismissed the stuff leaked based on your decision to do so, as you say, they haven't been verified either fake or not, but you decided they are fake.

mendis
mendis

basti313 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:14
dialtone wrote:
mendis wrote:My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.
Why should it be fake? Still, running up and down through the messages, there is nothing wrong. He had a mutual affair with his PA and the messages clearly show that it was mutual with all usual comm issues. In the middle she was unhappy to even be booked into a different hotel...
At the end they tried to end it mutually with also all usual problems that come up once you have too much fun with your PA. I mean...the end just clearly tells the storry, why it is stupid and wrong to have an affair with your PA.

There are some strange screenshots, the ones from the lock screen. But do they matter?
I can generate those screenshot message in a few hours' time!!! I think I do have a decent imagination. :lol:

Truth is, people believe WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. It doesn't matter what the truth is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_IPL_Player
Last edited by mendis on 02 Mar 2024, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 03:05
It is interesting that Ford have yet to say anything, they made a fuss about transparency.
If I have to put my money, I would think Ford might have nudged Red Bull GmbH to clear Horner. It's Horner who did the deal with Ford by dropping Porsche. Ford got into the partnership as it's a stable and successful team and mutually, a great deal. Now that the guy that signed the deal, who is a fundamental parameter, is in flux, I would be worried about the health of my investment.