Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

basti313 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:14
dialtone wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 09:39
mendis wrote:My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.
I don’t know it’s genuine, I don’t know it’s fake. You seem to know it’s fake.
Why should it be fake? Still, running up and down through the messages, there is nothing wrong.
He had a mutual affair with his PA and the messages clearly show that it was mutual with all usual comm issues.
In the middle she was unhappy to even be booked into a different hotel...
At the end they tried to end it mutually with also all usual problems that come up once you have too much fun with your PA. I mean...the end just clearly tells the storry, why it is stupid and wrong to have an affair with your PA.

There are some strange screenshots, the ones from the lock screen. But do they matter?
Christian Horner complainant has been 'crucified' after investigation, says relative

An unnamed relative of the complainant had agreed to speak out about the “disgusting” saga following the leaking of secret evidence from an investigation into Horner’s conduct via an anonymous email account.
The leak contained dozens of screengrabs of WhatsApp exchanges between Horner and his accuser, including images, and was sent via an anonymous email to 149 recipients in total, including rival F1 and FIA executives, team principals and scores of journalists.

The relative reportedly said the complainant had not been in a relationship with Horner.
“My reaction to all this is that it is disgusting,” the relative was saying. “In the words of Red Bull, Christian Horner has been cleared but I think many people look at that answer and can’t quite fathom out the truth behind it.The claimant’s relative added that they believed the case could not be consigned to the past following Thursday’s apparent evidence leak, adding that they had “no idea” who was behind the anonymous email that was widely shared.
But they insisted that there was “never any relationship” between Horner and the claimant and that any private details between the pair were never discussed with her family members.

“If you work for a person like him, you live with many pieces of information that are not to be disclosed. She certainly hasn’t spoken to me about it,” the source added.“We speak every day and she’s very unhappy – of course. In her way of thinking it’s all very one-sided and she’s been crucified.

1 March 2024 • 7:07pm - The Telegraph
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

That bolding does not reflect the content of the article. It is selective quoting from the last sentence, but it greatly changes the meaning.
Not OK even if it is copied from the article.
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

hollus wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 11:09
That bolding does not reflect the content of the article. It is selective quoting from the last sentence, but it greatly changes the meaning.
The title of an article is always about one important sentence of an article and NEVER discribes the whole content of the article.
The Power of Dreams!

DDopey
DDopey

dialtone wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:44
I have to come up with nothing.
Exactly, and that is what is the problem these days.

mendis
mendis

hollus wrote:

Also, I you are rewording your own old argument for the 5th time, just don’t. New info is OK, of course, a new angle perhaps, but just repeating, no, thanks.
Repetitive posts make for a repetitive thread, and the users make the quality of the forum. It is up to you if you want a dull repetitive forum. (It might get a yawning pass here, but it would not get as easy a pass in the technical threads).
The incident is long closed, but the thread is still running! That in itself is a shame. :D

Wouter

hollus wrote:

Also, I you are rewording your own old argument for the 5th time, just don’t.
New info is OK, of course, a new angle perhaps, but just repeating, no, thanks.

Repetitive posts make for a repetitive thread, and the users make the quality of the forum. It is up to you if you want a dull repetitive forum. (It might get a yawning pass here, but it would not get as easy a pass in the technical threads)
When I replied to your message the second alinea wasn't there. Maybe the next time you could add "Edit" to it!

"Also, I you are rewording your own old argument for the 5th time, just don’t."

"New info is OK, of course, a new angle perhaps, but just repeating, no, thanks."

For the 5th time??? Thats a lie!

I didn't repeat anything!!! ".. there was “never any relationship” between Horner and the claimant = NEW.

This is the first time Horner's PA said something by a relative of hers and the article is from YESTERDAY.
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

Also, I you are rewording your own old argument for the 5th time, just don’t. New info is OK, of course, a new angle perhaps, but just repeating, no, thanks.
Repetitive posts make for a repetitive thread, and the users make the quality of the forum. It is up to you if you want a dull repetitive forum. (It might get a yawning pass here, but it would not get as easy a pass in the technical threads).
Rivals, not enemies.

hollus

The second paragraph wasn’t aimed at you, Wouter, I’ve now split it to clarify, your post was an example of the “new”.

But that bolded sentence did not reflect the content of the very sentence it was pulled from, and that is as much on the journalist as it is on you. you posted it here, you bolded it.
Rivals, not enemies.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Redragon wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 00:46
langedweil wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:58
PapayaFan481 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:26
Put this another way, if this is true, and it certainly looks that way, this is worse than what Briatore did and he was forced out of the sport. This is worse than what Mosley did and he was crucified by many fans.
Point is, you don't even seem to understand see what you do here.
@Dialtone .. the last couple of pages kinda prove my point I'd say. But I'm sure you'll remain in disagreement, which is fine ..

This high-horsemanship is worrying

Mosley was dress as a Nazi with a prostitute . Also his surname didn’t help and reiterate the family far right links. Briarore planned a crash to cheat on this sport.

Horner for what have been shown was flirting with the employee until she stop the engagement and wasnt happy afterwards about it. That’s not same level as Mosley and Briatore.
Good glad we agree, those were both nothing and this is.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Wouter

hollus wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 11:53
The second paragraph wasn’t aimed at you, Wouter, I’ve now split it to clarify, your post was an example of the “new”.

But that bolded sentence did not reflect the content if the very sentence it was pulled from, and that is as much on the journalist as it is on you. you posted it here, you bolded it.
I assume you don't know that the title of an article is always written bold en larger than the article itselves. Okay.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

basti313 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
mendis wrote:My take would still be same. It's crazy to see people believing any unsubstantiated rubbish on Interest and making up conclusions about an individual, whom they don't even know. What makes you believe that material is genuine? An honest question.
Why should it be fake? Still, running up and down through the messages, there is nothing wrong. He had a mutual affair with his PA and the messages clearly show that it was mutual with all usual comm issues. In the middle she was unhappy to even be booked into a different hotel...
At the end they tried to end it mutually with also all usual problems that come up once you have too much fun with your PA. I mean...the end just clearly tells the storry, why it is stupid and wrong to have an affair with your PA.

There are some strange screenshots, the ones from the lock screen. But do they matter?
I’m sorry, but it shows nothing of the sort.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

basti313 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Why should it be fake? Still, running up and down through the messages, there is nothing wrong. He had a mutual affair with his PA and the messages clearly show that it was mutual with all usual comm issues. In the middle she was unhappy to even be booked into a different hotel...

As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, it is never OK for a boss to have an affair with their subordinate. The power dynamic is massively in the boss's favour.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see nothing wrong with a boss sleeping with a subordinate, or with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.

Quite, quite worrying.

f1jcw
f1jcw

PapayaFan481 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 12:03
It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see nothing wrong with a boss sleeping with a subordinate, or with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.

Quite, quite worrying.
A boss that was told multiple times to stop, told to stop ringing at night. Told I love my job, seeming after being asked to leave. Had her working practices changed due to it. Told who she can be friends with.
This is not only sexual messages but cohesive and control as original mentioned.
I think Toto was right, when he said we can’t just talk equality, must live it.
At this moment in time, it is all just talk, especially with MBS already shown to be a sexist pig.
Last edited by f1jcw on 02 Mar 2024, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 12:14
PapayaFan481 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 12:03

Quite, quite worrying.
A boss that was told multiple times to stop, told to stop ringing at night. Told I love my job, seeming after being asked to leave. Had her working practices changed due to it. Told who she can be friends with.
This is not only sexual messages but cohesive and control as original mentioned.
I think Toto was right, when he said we can’t just show equality, must live it.
At this moment in time, it is all just talk, especially with MBS already shown to be a sexist pig.
Agreed