Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

PapayaFan481 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 12:03
It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see nothing wrong with a boss sleeping with a subordinate, or with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.

Quite, quite worrying.
Concerning, yea, but not also not surprising at all. F1 is a boys club. And as a sort of 'gentlemans' sport, I'm not shocked at all that there's a large contingent of people who are heavily on the MRA spectrum in these situations, always downplaying and casting doubt on a woman's claims, basically as a rule.

There's room for skepticism and caution, but we shouldn't have to ignore that many people are doing so for an agenda rather than any healthy critical thinking reasons.

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

PapayaFan481 wrote:
It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see ...........,
nothing wrong with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.
there's no such posters

f1jcw
f1jcw

Tommy Cookers wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 14:21
PapayaFan481 wrote:
It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see ...........,
nothing wrong with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.
there's no such posters
I’ve seen many that think it was a consensual affair and that makes it okay

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 14:23
Tommy Cookers wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 14:21
PapayaFan481 wrote:
there's no such posters
Well, than it must be no problem for you to quote those many messages here who said that a consensual affair makes it oké.
Thanks in advance.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

There’s atleast 1 in the last two pages, look at basti313

Look at your comment in Autosport
What I meant to say, if what his PA says is true, no relationship with Horner, then why all the fuss? Does it have to do with his very bossy manner towards her?
Just waving away that asking for nude pics is just no fuss

bigpmc
bigpmc

Given how results based F1 is, I'm not sure it will matter-like him or not the fact is he is very very good at his job and has brought the team a huge amount of success. I think it's precisely that success that makes this such a huge story. If this were the haas team principal it would be talked about yes, but nowhere near to this extent.
On a separate note how did he have the time and mental capacity to be doing this kind of thing without going nuts?

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 12:14
PapayaFan481 wrote:
It is genuinely quite concerning how many posters on here seem to see nothing wrong with a boss sleeping with a subordinate, or with a boss continuing to persue that subordinate even if the subordinate says no.

Quite, quite worrying.
A boss that was told multiple times to stop, told to stop ringing at night. Told I love my job, seeming after being asked to leave. Had her working practices changed due to it. Told who she can be friends with.
This is not only sexual messages but cohesive and control as original mentioned.
All this based on unsubstantiated screenshots. Can't you wait to see if there would be an investigation to see if these are genuine? Or is the bias so strong, it doesn't matter. :)

west52keep64

I think it's very unlikely at this stage that the screenshots are completely fabricated.

Wouter

mendis wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 15:06
f1jcw wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

Quite, quite worrying.
A boss that was told multiple times to stop, told to stop ringing at night. Told I love my job, seeming after being asked to leave. Had her working practices changed due to it. Told who she can be friends with.
This is not only sexual messages but cohesive and control as original mentioned.
All this based on unsubstantiated screenshots. Can't you wait to see if there would be an investigation to see if these are genuine? Or is the bias so strong, it doesn't matter. :)
Well, Horners wife Geri seems very happy, this was a moment ago. :)

Edit:

Last edited by Wouter on 02 Mar 2024, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 14:23

f1jcw wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 14:34
There’s atleast 1 in the last two pages, look at basti313

Look at your [Wouter] comment in Autosport
What I meant to say, if what his PA says is true, no relationship with Horner, then why all the fuss?
Does it have to do with his very bossy manner towards her?
Just waving away that asking for nude pics is just no fuss
Please tell me where did I wrote that I think it was a consensual affair and that makes it okay!! #-o
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

Do not make things personal.
Please, respect other poeple's opinions and avoid spamming the same concept again and again.

You are very welcome to say your part. Not to try to impose it onto others.
Rivals, not enemies.

Veteran
Veteran

Simon Lazenby asked Horner is "He is confident that he (Horner)" will still be in charge come the Saudi GP. I think that is really offside to bring that subject into a after race interview. Certainly if Max is unbeatable, Horner falling seems a consolation for some people. This is someones life people are wishing ill upon. The man has been cleared we should close the book and move on.

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 15:06
f1jcw wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

Quite, quite worrying.
This is the defence now

“The screen shots are not real”
Even though neither red bull or Horner are prepared to say they are not.
This is the last grasp, after times in the past they was refused to even exist, that it was a snowflake employee.
Do you even believe what you are pushing

Sieper

Horner has indeed not said these are not real. He has made clear he wants to stay on and his family has also chosen to stand by him. So now it is up to corporate (Ford, Oracle possibly, Red Bull) on how they want to handle it. In any case, this is not good. Not for the people involved and not for the team overall and the larger audience. I am a firm believer in second and third chances, but on the other hand I am not one of the “this is woke, cancel culture” people at all. You should always respect your colleagues. You depend on eachother.

Mogster

If he stays I do wonder if there could be protests at the European races this year, Silverstone in particular. The audience is male dominated though so maybe it’ll be small time if it happens. I can imagine him being booed though.