2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hasika
hasika

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

I cant believe this --- strategy.If i was Yuki,i would be crazy.
The late pit call made him undercut by so many cars in first stint,then another late pit call made him lost 10 second to Zhou in the second stint,then the team changed the position in the third stint for what?

HPD

Today the team lost points through its own fault.
As usual. (if you are new here you should know that rb is the worst strategist on the grid).
Bad Yuki, braking in front of Ric at the end of the race.

Yuki has to get out of rb family, I've been saying it for years.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Don't particularly care about either drivers but that was tremendously unfair to Yuki. He qualified ahead and was ahead on track! Ok if you want to let Ricciardo try to overtake the Haas, see if he can do it and make it stick. But he couldn't either so they should've swapped before the finish line.
Last edited by CaribouBread on 02 Mar 2024, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

hasika
hasika

HPD wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:05
Today the team lost points through its own fault.
As usual. (if you are new here you should know that rb is the worst strategist on the grid).
Bad Yuki, braking in front of Ric at the end of the race.

Yuki has to get out of rb family, I've been saying it for years.
The strategy team must make some change.They never learn.They made similar mistake last year in many races,i dont know why but i find they really like to PIT their driver later than other teams.

kptaylor
kptaylor

Flip side, if Yuki had allowed Daniel to pass earlier rather than forcing him to continue to chew up his soft tires and allow Max to approach the group (which caused them both to lose time against MAG), things might have been different. If Yuki hadn't complained so much after disobeying orders for a few laps they probably would have given him the place back.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Absolute clown show, the strategy destroyed Tsunoda's race, and then that weird swap at the end, wow.

lio007

In an interview on Servus TV Peter Bayer acknowledged they messed up with strategy, changed tyres too late. And there will be discussions with Yuki.

HPD

kptaylor wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:50
Flip side, if Yuki had allowed Daniel to pass earlier rather than forcing him to continue to chew up his soft tires and allow Max to approach the group (which caused them both to lose time against MAG), things might have been different. If Yuki hadn't complained so much after disobeying orders for a few laps they probably would have given him the place back.
Come on man, they are fighting for 12th place, nonsense. Let them fight and that's it.

Team orders for 12th place in the first race of the year?? Honestly how ridiculous

proteus

Looks like the temperature allreday reached the boiling point:

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

djos

Rushu wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 18:33
Tsunoda was 8s ahead and they put Ric on better tires, nice one.
Yuki didn’t have another set of new soft tires, so the team had no option.

Still the team left both drivers out way too long in that first stint and the undercuts cost Yuki points and Daniel possible points.

That said, Yuki needs to do as as he’s bloody told, when he’s told! That 2 lap tantrum cost Daniel a place due to his soft tires getting chewed up.

When Daniel gets asked to swap places, he does it straight away. Yuki needs to learn to be a team player.
"In downforce we trust"

fourmula1
fourmula1

Hate that the team called in orders and Ricc is coming across entitled. Man, used to like the guy but what has he done. Couple wins in a strong car, some good moves for the show, bounced around a few teams, got destroyed by Lando and was out of F1.

Alonso used to be my favorite driver but when he gets all snarky (vs people as good/more successful than him) I just want him out of F1. Let the young guard come in. Ricc becoming the same. Smile isn’t so charming anymore buddy.

djos

fourmula1 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 01:55
Hate that the team called in orders and Ricc is coming across entitled. Man, used to like the guy but what has he done. Couple wins in a strong car, some good moves for the show, bounced around a few teams, got destroyed by Lando and was out of F1.

Alonso used to be my favorite driver but when he gets all snarky (vs people as good/more successful than him) I just want him out of F1. Let the young guard come in. Ricc becoming the same. Smile isn’t so charming anymore buddy.
Mate, it’s a team sport, look through Daniels history, he always follows team orders to swap places and if he can’t get past, and the team ask him to swap back, he does.

Yuki is the one being entitled here!
"In downforce we trust"

fourmula1
fourmula1

Fair perspective. I take issue that the team asked in the first place. So when yuki said “are you kidding me” I said the same thing.

djos

fourmula1 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 02:27
Fair perspective. I take issue that the team asked in the first place. So when yuki said “are you kidding me” I said the same thing.
Daniel was on the soft tires, when he caught Yuki, he was more than 1 second a lap faster. Yuki ignoring team orders for 2 laps cost them both a chance to get by KMag as then Max came into play while lapping then.

Fact is, Yuki needs to play the team game, his attitude will not endear him to any TP.
"In downforce we trust"

HPD

djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 01:45
Rushu wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 18:33
Tsunoda was 8s ahead and they put Ric on better tires, nice one.
Yuki didn’t have another set of new soft tires, so the team had no option.

Still the team left both drivers out way too long in that first stint and the undercuts cost Yuki points and Daniel possible points.

That said, Yuki needs to do as as he’s bloody told, when he’s told! That 2 lap tantrum cost Daniel a place due to his soft tires getting chewed up.

When Daniel gets asked to swap places, he does it straight away. Yuki needs to learn to be a team player.
Exactly, the team still doesn't know what happened to the strategy but it cost Yuki two spots, according to the words of Jody Egginton.

I am not against team orders... and I know that Dan is a man of his word. What bothers me is that a team order is made for a 12th place hahaha... it doesn't convince me.
I hope things calm down. We need both cars to score points