2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SSJ4
SSJ4

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

will be interesting to see the development race. since aston martin compared to the other 4 teams are lacking in regards to infrastructure.
already rumours that red bull and ferrari will be bring big updates for japan. hopefully they learned lessons from last year.

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 20:38
wonder if the cars characteristics have changed compared to last years. will be interesting too see how they do at races like british and Canadian grand prix.

car was great at canada but we struggled massively at silverstone
Characteristics of a car are always in relation to other cars. 2023 AMR had an edge over most cars in rear limited tracks. That's why they were so successful in Bahrain. If others improve and AMR don't, it appears like their characteristics have changed but the reality is it was the other cars that changed. So yeah they strengths and weaknesses in relation to others cars has changed.

KimiRai
KimiRai

So far no noticeable improvement on pit stops on the first race of the season

Bisonas

Race pace was bad in did, but I agree with some opinions that say AMR choices made it look even worse.
They extend the first 2 stints giving away overall time, that’s for sure.
The last (shorter compared to others) stint was actually pretty good and consistent.
Bahrain is a specific track with high deg and specific limitations. We didn’t had team radio on live tv either in order to see how much lift and coast Alonso was doing or what where his complaints.
I would give them a few races before I jump to conclusions. His last stint was encouraging for me.
It was like they where testing things, testing tires behavior with Alonso pushing in the last stint with no obvious reason.
I get the feeling that AMR is a fast car and has pace, and that they can fix what ever issues they had quite fast.
Even next week the picture may be a lot better in all areas.
I am sure lessons learned today that gave them an understanding of what they have to do differently in order to improve race pace.

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:04
will be interesting to see the development race. since aston martin compared to the other 4 teams are lacking in regards to infrastructure.
already rumours that red bull and ferrari will be bring big updates for japan. hopefully they learned lessons from last year.
Arguably Aston's are the best in F1. The only thing they're lacking is their own wind tunnel. Merc's tunnel, that they use, is nothing to sneeze at.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Bisonas wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:32
Race pace was bad in did, but I agree with some opinions that say AMR choices made it look even worse.
The last (shorter compared to others) stint was actually pretty good and consistent.
Bahrain is a specific track with high deg and specific limitations. We didn’t had team radio on live tv either in order to see how much lift and coast Alonso was doing or what where his complaints.
I would give them a few races before I jump to conclusions. His last stint was encouraging for me.
It was like they where testing things, testing tires behavior with Alonso pushing in the last stint with no obvious reason.
I get the feeling that AMR is a fast car and has pace, and that they can fix what ever issues they had quite fast.
I am sure lessons learned today that gave them an understanding of what they have to do differently in order to improve race pace.
Thanks for the analysis, it's always good, fingers crossed it is as you say

jofs89
jofs89

Bisonas wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 23:32
I tend to agree. Race pace was disappointing. Last stint did look a lot more competitive which would be on low fuel, like quali. Maybe they haven't figured out how to turn the tyres on with more fuel yet? Maybe the extra weight subtly effects the car in a way that disrupts the aero platform etc? Seems if they could figure that out the car does have pace in it.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Nice tyres info and lap times from Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... 11b63024c5
Alonso last stint was just as good as For Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren. I really don't know what he or they was doing on the previous tyres. 😕 At least is give us some hope 🙏.

mvfad

From what I can see, Aston is in a very difficult position. Last year they had an idea of what the car's weaknesses were clearly from the beginning, so they could develop those weaknesses (although they didn't). This time they don't seem to be clear about the car's weaknesses (only about the tire wear), in other words, they don't seem to know why the car is slow.

max_speed
max_speed

Super boring and disappointing race for aston. Race pace was no where and i have less hope in coming races as well. If i am alonso will pull the plug and go to mercedes,no point wasting your age here.

KimiRai
KimiRai

This team increasingly has the right ingredients and is determined to win but it needs a little more time in the oven. for now lets see how the first part of the season develops and if there will be any changes in the competitive order
Last edited by KimiRai on 03 Mar 2024, 03:58, edited 9 times in total.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Clearly pace in the car but has struggled on high fuel this weekend. They seem to have a very clear and robust upgrade path when listening to the tech team, so if be hopeful of them coming good and unlocking the full potential.

makecry
makecry

Mansell89 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 03:42
Clearly pace in the car but has struggled on high fuel this weekend. They seem to have a very clear and robust upgrade path when listening to the tech team, so if be hopeful of them coming good and unlocking the full potential.
They said the same thing last year.

This year they seem to just have set the target a bit lower than they should have because they say they hit everything they planned on.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:28
AMR went backwards a lot, very sad for Alonso. Can't help but feel this will be the final season, de la Rosa already hinted at it...
Yes. a lot backwards. they should be at least in 3rd position if they improved the care compared to last year position. They went too much of backward. in F1, it is very difficult to bounce back. 2024 and 25 gone now.

100%Alonso jump the ship or retire. He may push for RB seat mostly before he retire. let see...

Thanks.

max_speed
max_speed

just watch last year baharin GP and this year and difference is obvious. on high fuel last year aston was flying and this year struggling , they are like Haas in hands on hulk , fast qualifier dead in race. they are starting on backfoot against top-4 teams, we all are hinging our hopes on beating them in development race, we must be day dreaming. take out Alonso and they will be 7th fastest team soon. My simple request is for alonso to end this ordeal and retire in coming races. in netflix series Stroll sr says gonna be world champion, somebody tell old man not in next 5 years.