2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

I think the team we’re hoping Daniel could get KMag and maybe one more place. Pretty optimistic tho.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

In hindsight its easy to be critical of the tyre strategy. Most runners went for hards last stint. Soft was a bit of a gamble but to an extent paid off for Dan and gave him the chance to fight hard at the end. Yuki behaved really poorly holding up Dan. There was a chance he could have got Kmag and then who knows with possible retirements what can happen hence why they swapped being on the faster tyre. Also Yuki delaying the call mean't Dan also got caught up in the blue flags for Max during his attempts to pass Kmag which wasted valuable time on the relatively fast diminishing soft tyre grip.

As Djos said Dan always complies usually simply by saying "understood". The antics here driving like that after the flag was stupid and dangerous.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... are_button

He is not acting like a team player or endearing himself to the team. Many have called him out on this including The Race.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/yuki ... rder-rage/

26 mins in Dan is interviewed and basically said they knew coming into this race they didnl;t develop enough over winter mainly due to all the updates last year right till the end. Said they should progress well though and no reason to panick as they know what the situation is. Also seemed upbeat about next race and totally different track and surface. They also reviewed the incident with Yuki and was pretty diplomatic and said they want to smooth it all out obviously going forward

Post race interviews as well with Dan, Yuki and Mekies. Mekies said they were right to swap the drivers as they were the only team with a driver coming through the field on new softs. Again Dan mentioned it had been talked about and Yuki knew there was a chance Dan would catch him with the tyre strategy talked about before the race.

Cooldown lap from both guys with Yuki's divebomb and including radio from Dan.

beerjoystick
beerjoystick

Yuki's behaviour is pretty unacceptable and highlights a fundamental anger issue. If he can't reel it in it will compromise his chances for further opportunities in the sport

CHT
CHT

beerjoystick wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 04:43
Yuki's behaviour is pretty unacceptable and highlights a fundamental anger issue. If he can't reel it in it will compromise his chances for further opportunities in the sport
F1 drivers are all for themselves when careers are at stake. I think Yuki is just behaving like an F1 driver, under those circumstances, it was clear both Ric and Yuki had no chance of finishing P10 unless there was an incident involving Kevin Zhou and Lance. I suppose if Max was in Yuki's position, RB team would not even try.

Ultimately both Yuki and Ricardo are trying hard to impress RB that they deserve to keep their seats, while Ricardo has a bigger ambition to get promoted into RBR next year. Perhaps that's why he thinks it can go from P13 to P10 in just a few quick lap. So instead of imposing team order for gaining nothing, I think the team should let them race.

Time is ticking for Ricardo and he has to perform soon because it has been a long time seen we have seen something spectacular from him.

beerjoystick
beerjoystick

CHT wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 05:06
beerjoystick wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 04:43
F1 drivers are all for themselves when careers are at stake. I think Yuki is just behaving like an F1 driver, under those circumstances, it was clear both Ric and Yuki had no chance of finishing P10 unless there was an incident involving Kevin Zhou and Lance. I suppose if Max was in Yuki's position, RB team would not even try.
I don't recall seeing other drivers act like he did on the cooldown lap. It's far beyond the usual or accepted team order disappointment.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Yuki makes it very hard to be sympathetic to him! :lol: I get that the drivers are competitive but Yuki has shown time and again to go into a fit of rage in the car.

ispano6

Think Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Alonso, Ham. Racers don't move over, it's a racing ego thing. Max and Lando snap back just as much as Yuki does. Yuki's emotion's come out more raw because he's not using his native tongue, probably a lack of vocabulary more so than diction. Looking at this weekend, Yuki was the stronger driver no matter how "immature" you want to call him.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

ispano6 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 05:53
Think Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Alonso, Ham. Racers don't move over, it's a racing ego thing. Max and Lando snap back just as much as Yuki does. Yuki's emotion's come out more raw because he's not using his native tongue, probably a lack of vocabulary more so than diction. Looking at this weekend, Yuki was the stronger driver no matter how "immature" you want to call him.
I think the team order was unfair to him, and the team shouldn't have put them in that position in the first place. I am sympathetic to Yuki not wanting to move aside. I have no problems with his radio messages, but when he starts dive bombing his teammate after the race is over, I have to think twice before defending him. It is not a level headed way to deal with the issue at hand!

djos

ispano6 wrote:
Lando moved over for Daniel and vice versa in Daniel’s first year at McLaren. Team players know it isn’t all about them.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

CaribouBread wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 05:58
ispano6 wrote:
I think the team order was unfair to him, and the team shouldn't have put them in that position in the first place. I am sympathetic to Yuki not wanting to move aside. I have no problems with his radio messages, but when he starts dive bombing his teammate after the race is over, I have to think twice before defending him. It is not a level headed way to deal with the issue at hand!
Teams ask drivers to swap positions when on different strategies all the time, this is part of being in a team sport.
"In downforce we trust"

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:02
CaribouBread wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Teams ask drivers to swap positions when on different strategies all the time, this is part of being in a team sport.
And I think sometimes those requests are unfair.

djos

CaribouBread wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:06
djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:02
CaribouBread wrote:

And I think sometimes those requests are unfair.
Fair doesn’t have anything to do with it.
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:00
ispano6 wrote:
Lando moved over for Daniel and vice versa in Daniel’s first year at McLaren. Team players know it isn’t all about them.
You definitely can't get far without your team's backing and yelling at them. And then I think about Yuki in the car wringing the hell out of it and catching every opponent that he gets undercut by and getting held up. When you're giving 120% after your team has managed to pit you out of points contention and then to move over for the slower teammate is not something a racer just swallows, while within DRS of passing no less. The timing was ill with the blue flag for Max. We're here in the luxury of watching the race but Yuki is doing the work in the heat of the moment so cut him some slack.

djos

The only part of the race that was unfair to Yuki was the first pit stop being left far too late. Being undercut like that put him in the position where Daniel could catch him.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:16
The only part of the race that was unfair to Yuki was the first pit stop being left far too late. Being undercut like that put him in the position where Daniel could catch him.
Team order in competitive sports is very actually very rare unless it is necessary. In this case, there was really nothing to fight for because P10 was certainly out of reach.