2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:04
Some day, you should explain the reason for your obsession with Sainz family, so frequently blaming and defaming both the father and the son, for no reason
I can only give you the same reason as ever, but you don't accept it because it doesn't fit your view of Sainz. He has bigger potential than he is showing, he keeps making small mistakes which tend to have big consequences and is always satisfied even when he objectively should have finished higher. In other words, he's bs-ing himslef into believing he's maximising his race, every single race. As a racer, that's not the attitude you want.

Sr has a toxic influence there, just like any other parent who fights the battles of their children and deprives them of a chance to grow. Telling children they are always the best and making up bs excuses why they didn't end up the best on a given occassion is a path diametrically opposite of success they want to achieve.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

I can’t stop thinking about the possibility of switching to the downwash concept a year earlier.

CHT
CHT

bluechris wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:17
CHT wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 09:52
f1316 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 07:16
I don’t think of Vasseur as someone prone to hyperbole so this is encouraging:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10582466/
Vasseur other problem is to ensure Ferrari made the right decision to replace Sainz.

Sainz might not always be the quickest during qualifying but he seems to have better race craft.
Better racecraft than Hamilton? I don't think so.
I am comparing to Charles. As for LH what we have been hearing very regularly these days is him talking about chosing the wrong setup while GR got it right. Coming from a 7WDC, I sometimes question if LH can contribute much to Ferrari on setup and development.

scuderiabrandon

CHT wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:42
bluechris wrote:
CHT wrote:

Vasseur other problem is to ensure Ferrari made the right decision to replace Sainz.

Sainz might not always be the quickest during qualifying but he seems to have better race craft.
I am comparing to Charles. As for LH what we have been hearing very regularly these days is him talking about chosing the wrong setup while GR got it right. Coming from a 7WDC, I sometimes question if LH can contribute much to Ferrari on setup and development.
More reason for you to believe it was a business decision

Xyz22
Xyz22

By the way Vasseur after the race underlined an important detail. This year they have a clear direction on what to improve on the car, a completely different scenario from last year where they had to spend months trying to understand what to do.

Sainz already implied they need to add more downforce, which means they are already working on adding more raw performance to the car

Cs98
Cs98

Do we know what the brake issue was yet? Quick fix or a problem that could repeat?

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:51
By the way Vasseur after the race underlined an important detail. This year they have a clear direction on what to improve on the car, a completely different scenario from last year where they had to spend months trying to understand what to do.

Sainz already implied they need to add more downforce, which means they are already working on adding more raw performance to the car
I think it’s important to understand that more downforce doesn’t need to be peak downforce. Last years car had plenty of peak downforce but didn’t work at a wide enough bandwidth. Based on Jeddah being lower deg they should be able to run the setup a bit more aggressive and gain more DF

bluechris

CHT wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:42
bluechris wrote:
CHT wrote:

This thread is not for this discussion but i hear last year people saying the same at start where GR was seen better but LH just was testing things and when he was free of this he was easy ahead of GR.
Either way in my eyes there is no comparison between Sainz & LH especially in the tyre management which seems the most crucial in this stupid Pirelly/Liberty/FIA era. Sainz is only better in strategic maybe since LH is waiting the team for guidance.

Anyway we will see in one year :)

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vinlarr89 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 15:06
Xyz22 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:51

I think it’s important to understand that more downforce doesn’t need to be peak downforce. Last years car had plenty of peak downforce but didn’t work at a wide enough bandwidth. Based on Jeddah being lower deg they should be able to run the setup a bit more aggressive and gain more DF
Agreed in fact the SF24 is already a huge step in the right direction compared to the SF23 in this regard.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:36
I can’t stop thinking about the possibility of switching to the downwash concept a year earlier.
From what I've been told 2-3 months ago, the team wasn't sure if they should continue with hybrid SF23 Evo solution or switch to full downwash, though this was already a bit old insight at the time. I think they chose the common option to keep it safe and crossout a design variable.

When SF23 was first launched, I expected 24 would have a big frontal undercut like it does now, with a cross inwash rear between 22 and 23 solution. We'll never know what these cars would have evolved into without floor edge changes...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

I could only imagine the reactions here if we saw the SF23-like sidepods again =D>

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 11:34
JPower wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 05:08
We aren’t having any of these conversations if he nearly as bad as you’re insinuating yet we’re here just like we have been for the past 65+ races.
We wouldn't be having any discussions if it was just me, but clearly it's not just me. Poor starts, rookie spins/crashes in multiple races, "my priority is to beat my team mate" are some of the reasons some Tifosi are dissapointed with Sainz. Just don't say there's no difference in mentality between the two of them, it's clear as day for all who want to see...
We would be having discussion of Leclerc vs Sainz, because they are close enough to have them.

You're taking about mistakes when the "#1 driver" should've been on pole but didn't make it happen. Interesting.

JPower
JPower

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:04

This usually happens when Sainz finishes ahead of Leclerc, what happens more often than you probably like, but that must be just a coincidence :roll:
It's plainly obvious and will inevitably happen again.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

delete
Last edited by AR3-GP on 03 Mar 2024, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

Juzh wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 13:01
f1isgood wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 00:34
Last year Ferrari was slower than 2022 Ferrari in Jeddah.
Track wasn't the same (slower in 2023).

dialtone wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 02:10
* This lap difference was T1, a weakness for Ferrari all weekend, and T11-12-13. In 11-12-13 Max is simply much faster while also not using the throttle that much. The difference is big
Ferrari stops deploying energy at ~240 kmh in those corners, that's why Lec is flatout and Ver isn't. It's a way to save tyres and energy for elsewhere.
That's fine on throttle usage, but Max is still plenty fast, at least compared to SAI or LEC in early laps. Lap 2 as I quoted elsewhere:

VER gains something like 0.4s just in T11-12-13 against LEC on 2nd lap. Something RBR does on full car in fast long radius corners is simply great.
Juzh wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 13:01
dialtone wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 02:10
* RBR has better traction out of all corners, particularly up to 200kph RBR just accelerates better, then Ferrari takes over. This likely is a difference in deployment, but RBR seems to be better.
To this day I do not understand what anyone means when they say this or that PU deploys energy sooner than another one out of traction zones. The aim for any manufacturer is to deploys as soon as possible when traction allows it. If you see one car accelerate faster than another it is because it's got better traction and/or is lighter - be it fuel or total car weight. It's got nothing to do with anyone deploying sooner or later. another factor could be peak power, but nowadays top engines are almost equal in most circumstances.
I'm not saying that RBR deploys early in the straight while Ferrari doesn't. I'm saying that RBR has consistently more power to deploy early than Ferrari, and it's clear in acceleration up to 200kph, I think it was you that mentioned that Max was always at 100% charge, he's seems to be heavily recharging the car at the end of every straight. I would believe something is going on with how much fuel RBR needs to complete a race, I wouldn't be too surprised if they could run on 85-90kg for a full race instead of 100kg, this would be the only way to have a lighter car during the race (as you seem to hint).