Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
codetower

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Is it possible that someone, either the verstappen camp or newey, are not happy with the Ford deal, and their exit clause is ties to Horner being there? Maybe Jos is trying to force Horner to leave to get max out of contract before Ford comes in, or before the new regs. In either way, i could see Horner playing out the year, getting another WDC WCC and taking a nice “buy-out” severance package at the end of the year.

hollus

Posts with politics are being deleted, as per forum rules.
Rivals, not enemies.

Venturiation
Venturiation

algebraist
algebraist

If Jos Verstappen, the man who infamously has avoided prison time for spousal abuse including one notable incident with an attempted murder charge is pretending to be a moral arbiter in F1 then the world truly has gone mad.

I’m glad MBS et al have got their priorities in order.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

chrisc90

Really wonder how long it will be before the media get bored of it all.

f1jcw
f1jcw

214270 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:26
I’m glad MBS et al have got their priorities in order.

Remarkable contradiction to how FIA acted with the Suzie article.

Wouter

algebraist wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:19
If Jos Verstappen, the man who infamously has avoided prison time for spousal abuse including one notable incident with an attempted murder charge is pretending to be a moral arbiter in F1 then the world truly has gone mad.
Attempted murder?? You know his gf accused him falsely? Three months after this they got married. Please write ALL the facts.
The state must pay Jos Verstappen more than 40,000 euros

The State must pay former Formula 1 driver Jos Verstappen more than 41,500 euros in compensation for the criminal case against him that ended without a conviction. Verstappen had asked for 121,500 euros in compensation.
June 13, 2013, 3:10 PM

This is evident from two judgments that the court in Limburg published this week.

Verstappen spent almost a month in jail last year on suspicion of attempted manslaughter of his girlfriend.
He was ultimately only prosecuted for vandalism but not convicted.

The largest part of the compensation consists of lawyer costs (37,000 euros). Verstappen hired several lawyers for the case, including the well-known criminal lawyer Geert-Jan Knoops.

The Limburger will also receive 2,820 euros for the time he was wrongfully imprisoned. The court doubled the standard compensation because the case received a lot of media attention.
https://www.parool.nl/nieuws/staat-moet ... ~b17482a2/
The Power of Dreams!

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

I would wager that Max is letting Jos do the talking for him here. It is well known that Horner did not want Max in 2016, but Marko pushed him through - those two have an incredibly close relationship. The power struggle between Horner and Marko seems to have been very real. If Jos is serious about Max walking if Horner stays, I think Red Bull will have their hands forced. You can't lose the best driver in the world.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

That was a joke, honestly

Cs98
Cs98

SoulPancake13 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:56
I would wager that Max is letting Jos do the talking for him here. It is well known that Horner did not want Max in 2016, but Marko pushed him through - those two have an incredibly close relationship. The power struggle between Horner and Marko seems to have been very real. If Jos is serious about Max walking if Horner stays, I think Red Bull will have their hands forced. You can't lose the best driver in the world.
Well certainly not to keep a disgraced Horner employed :lol: But who knows anymore, I have no faith in the rational thinking of this Thai owner.

algebraist
algebraist

Wouter wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:51
algebraist wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:19
Attempted murder?? You know his gf accused him falsely? Three months after this they got married. Please write ALL the facts.
Waffle here
No actually I didn't because that wasn't covered in any of the non dutch articles I read. However he is on record as having exploited loophole in Belgian law to pay off accusers. Doesn't matter how much you sugar coat this, he is NOT a moral arbiter. Stones in glass houses spring to mind.

There's also the matter of the guy with the fractured skull at a karting meet too.

And speaking of missing facts, they divorced three years later. Quote:

Code: Select all

Rumors of a divorce have been going around for some time. Their relationship has been anything but smooth in recent times. In 2012, Kelly filed a report against the former Formula 1 driver because he had crashed into her. She later withdrew this and Jos was acquitted. Earlier this year she stated that she felt "threatened" by her husband.
So you can keep your outrage and your own selective quotes to yourself.

mendis
mendis

SoulPancake13 wrote:
Where does the best driver go? Mercedes? Ferrari? Retirement? :lol:

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. Sad story. Same would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Last edited by mendis on 03 Mar 2024, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:16
SoulPancake13 wrote:

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. It would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Of course. But honestly, I doubt a disgraced Horner is worth losing Max(if Jos is serious and Max agrees with him is obviously a huge caveat).

mendis
mendis

SoulPancake13 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:19
mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:16
SoulPancake13 wrote:

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. It would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Of course. But honestly, I doubt a disgraced Horner is worth losing Max(if Jos is serious and Max agrees with him is obviously a huge caveat).
Disgraced in the eyes of his detractors. Remember, he has cleared the Red Bull GmbH investigation by virtue of the case against him having been dismissed. It would be Max's loss as some other driver would jump in and win titles. People would forget Max. If Max says, he would leave if Horner is on, Horner would come with Lewis or Alonso alongside willing to sign up. What would Red Bull do?
Last edited by mendis on 03 Mar 2024, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.