2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Daniel has been asked to swap positions many times and complied without argument.

Yuki needs to lessen to do the same. F1 is a team sport, despite the way some drivers carry on. Yuki had a ton of laps to get by KMag, and he couldn’t.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:37
Daniel has been asked to swap positions many times and complied without argument.

Yuki needs to lessen to do the same. F1 is a team sport, despite the way some drivers carry on. Yuki had a ton of laps to get by KMag, and he couldn’t.
Yuki was only in his 3th round within the DRS of Magnussen when he let Ric passing by so that must have hurt him because he had 8 rounds to overtake Magnussen and Zhou.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:51
djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:37

Yuki was only in his 3th round within the DRS of Magnussen when he let Ric passing by so that must have hurt him because he had 8 rounds to overtake Magnussen and Zhou.
Daniel was on soft tires, as was said, you can’t waste laps on them or you lose the extra grip.

If Yuki had gotten it out the way, it would have been much more likely that Daniel could have gotten past before Max came into play. Yuki delaying things caused Daniels tires to lose performance and lose touch with KMag and waste performance catching back up.

Yuki could have potentially gotten past too by taking advantage of KMag getting out of Max’s way.

Sure points where unlikely, but his actions cost the team better finishing positions which does matter if at the end of the year they are equal on points with another team.
"In downforce we trust"

HPD

Watto wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:34

I'm a Ricc fan and kinda get his pov here about being pre planned But I can't imagine he would be happy if roles were reversed if he was within 0.5~ of someone and was told to swap positions with your team mate. If there was a 4-5 second gap its a clear choice not sure the gap that was there means it was the right call even if it was talked about i question if they saw it being that close (though maybe not quite as Yuki explained either)
Well said... and this has been happening in F1 for a long time and with the majority of drivers.
They are asked to change position, some take 3 or more laps to access. Other drivers just ignore the team (max) hahaha
And that's fine, that's how racing is and that's how drivers should be.
Really, the pilots with the most character are the ones who go far, otherwise you become a squire forever. Second pilot

Watto
Watto

HPD wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 01:46
Watto wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:34

I'm a Ricc fan and kinda get his pov here about being pre planned But I can't imagine he would be happy if roles were reversed if he was within 0.5~ of someone and was told to swap positions with your team mate. If there was a 4-5 second gap its a clear choice not sure the gap that was there means it was the right call even if it was talked about i question if they saw it being that close (though maybe not quite as Yuki explained either)
Well said... and this has been happening in F1 for a long time and with the majority of drivers.
They are asked to change position, some take 3 or more laps to access. Other drivers just ignore the team (max) hahaha
And that's fine, that's how racing is and that's how drivers should be.
Really, the pilots with the most character are the ones who go far, otherwise you become a squire forever. Second pilot
Yep, always has been and always will be part of the sport I certainly understand the tactic.Just not sure I agree it should have been enforced with Yuki was wining DRS range

Mclarensenna

This is just insane from Yuki to drive so angry like this with that dive bomb lockup. The view from his car not Rics really highlights what he did. When did we ever see a driver do this before to their team mate to think this is normal behavior to a team order?

"are you kidding me now" then proceeds to ignore the team order for a couple of laps
then sarcastically tells his team "thanks very much guys i appreciate it"
Then as soon as Ric gets past Yuki expected Ric to overtake Mag at the very next corner no exceptions it seems and loses his mind.
shouting "you got to speed up man"
Then shouting
"hes not fast, hes not fast at all"

I absolutely Sympathize with Yuki as he was in 1 of the worst positions you can be in as a driver. You are trying to overtake the car ahead in DRS range and the team tells you to get out of the way. No racer ever wants that call especially when in DRS range. But Yuki should have played the team game. Not for Ricciardo or Lawson or Gasly or any other driver that theoretically was his team mate as the Yuki response would have been exactly the same. This is not a Ric Gasly , Lawson issue at all which is what most responses here are making it as. This is a team player issue.

Its a yuki disrespecting his team and himself thing. Yuki ruined his rep for no reason. All risk and little reward. Big deal if Ric finished 1 or 2 spots ahead on zero points?
Everybody would have said Yuki drove an incredible race and played the team game. Yukis rep would have gone up. As people know what happened.

But now people see that Yuki completely loses his mind when given a team order.
Hope he calms down in the future as he is a great driver who deserves to be in F1. But behavior like yesterday could end his career
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

djos

Mclarensenna wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 02:21

This is just insane from Yuki to drive so angry like this with that dive bomb lockup. The view from his car not Rics really highlights what he did. When did we ever see a driver do this before to their team mate to think this is normal behavior to a team order?

"are you kidding me now" then proceeds to ignore the team order for a couple of laps
Then as soon as Ric gets past Yuki expected Ric to overtake Mag at the very next corner no exceptions it seems and loses his mind.
Then shouting

I absolutely Sympathize with Yuki as he was in 1 of the worst positions you can be in as a driver. You are trying to overtake the car ahead in DRS range and the team tells you to get out of the way. No racer ever wants that call especially when in DRS range. But Yuki should have played the team game. Not for Ricciardo or Lawson or Gasly or any other driver that theoretically was his team mate as the Yuki response would have been exactly the same. This is not a Ric Gasly , Lawson issue at all which is what most responses here are making it as. This is a team player issue.

Its a yuki disrespecting his team and himself thing. Yuki ruined his rep for no reason. All risk and little reward. Big deal if Ric finished 1 or 2 spots ahead on zero points?
Everybody would have said Yuki drove an incredible race and played the team game. Yukis rep would have gone up. As people know what happened.

Hope he calms down in the future as he is a great driver who deserves to be in F1. But behavior like yesterday could end his career
It's just disgraceful behaviour! He's supposed to be a professional and gets paid millions of dollars a year for his skills ... and then he acts like this! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 02:27
Mclarensenna wrote:

Then shouting

It's just disgraceful behaviour! He's supposed to be a professional and gets paid millions of dollars a year for his skills ... and then he acts like this! #-o
I agree. Yuki is a real character and usually excuse all his outbursts. Most crack me up. But this was just too far. He is damaging his reputation for no reason.

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:21
CHT wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:06
djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 23:30
Just to confirm, this was the teams pre race plan if Daniel was on the soft tires.

https://apple.news/Av8odN5SuRf60jGyGE4Deuw
The race plan was for scoring points, not for one teammate to finish ahead of the other.
If there aren't any points at stake TP should drop the plan and let them race, especially when Yuki is 0.5 sec behind Kevin.
Doesn’t matter, this is what the TP said.
We had Daniel on a new set of soft tyres for that final stint and we swapped our cars to give ourselves a chance to overtake Kevin (Magnussen) and Zhou (Guanyu) but ultimately it was not enough, and we had to settle for P13 and P14.
Yuki sulking for a lap cost any chance of getting a better finish.

Yuki claims he was alongside KMag when he got the order, so why didn’t he overtake? Frankly, he’s full of it, the team wouldn’t have swapped them if Yuki was past KMag in the straight.

In fact I went and checked the footage from F1 on YouTube and the order was given just before the main straight.

Not sure what was the gap between Ric and Kevin when they crossed the chequered flag, but I got the impression that Ric was struggling to keep up with Kevin despite being the quicker RB driver. perhaps I was wrong.

djos

I wonder if the team didn’t swap them back on the last lap to punish Yuki for his petulance.
"In downforce we trust"

JPower
JPower

djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:37
I wonder if the team didn’t swap them back on the last lap to punish Yuki for his petulance.
No, they made another in a long string of bad decisions that race and decided to stick with them. Not a rocket science.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

JPower wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:49
djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:37
No, they made another in a long string of bad decisions that race and decided to stick with them. Not a rocket science.
It was a very Ferrari like day for RB. Laurent Mekies is the TP so I guess it makes sense.

Bill
Bill

Mclarensenna wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 02:39
djos wrote:
Mclarensenna wrote:

Then shouting

I agree. Yuki is a real character and usually excuse all his outbursts. Most crack me up. But this was just too far. He is damaging his reputation for no reason.
First world problem yuki overtake ric after race end and make a small lockup. world is coming to an end oh reputational damage.storm in a cup tea trivial nonsense

Mclarensenna

Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 07:31
Mclarensenna wrote:
djos wrote:

First world problem yuki overtake ric after race end and make a small lockup. world is coming to an end oh reputational damage.storm in a cup tea trivial nonsense
It is "trivial nonsense" sure when you misquote my post claiming all Yuki did was a small lockup. Half the grid had trivial lockups. But Yuki did not just have a trivial lockup. There was an entire maneuver he did as posted in the video. Did you click on the 2 videos i posted before replying? You also missed the rest of my post explaining the multiple outbursts, ignoring team orders as shown in the second video as well?

The entire Yuki trifecta of behaviour (radio outbursts, ignoring team orders, and erratic driving post race damaged his reputation, not just the trivial lockup. Please try and read my posts in full including watching any videos I attached in the future please so as to have a better understanding before replying.

Bill
Bill

Mclarensenna wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 08:38
Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 07:31
Mclarensenna wrote:

It is "trivial nonsense" sure when you misquote my post claiming all Yuki did was a small lockup. Half the grid had trivial lockups. But Yuki did not just have a trivial lockup. There was an entire maneuver he did as posted in the video. Did you click on the 2 videos i posted before replying? You also missed the rest of my post explaining the multiple outbursts, ignoring team orders as shown in the second video as well?

The entire Yuki trifecta of behaviour (radio outbursts, ignoring team orders, and erratic driving post race damaged his reputation, not just the trivial lockup. Please try and read my posts in full including watching any videos I attached in the future please so as to have a better understanding before replying.
all drivers have their moments they curse .they ignore team orders insult with fu words.vettel had his milti 21 moment.yuki is treated differently because he is japanese same with honda .the nonsense coming all who make these an issue not just u