2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 10:06
Mclarensenna wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 08:38
Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 07:31

First world problem yuki overtake ric after race end and make a small lockup. world is coming to an end oh reputational damage.storm in a cup tea trivial nonsense
It is "trivial nonsense" sure when you misquote my post claiming all Yuki did was a small lockup. Half the grid had trivial lockups. But Yuki did not just have a trivial lockup. There was an entire maneuver he did as posted in the video. Did you click on the 2 videos i posted before replying? You also missed the rest of my post explaining the multiple outbursts, ignoring team orders as shown in the second video as well?

The entire Yuki trifecta of behaviour (radio outbursts, ignoring team orders, and erratic driving post race damaged his reputation, not just the trivial lockup. Please try and read my posts in full including watching any videos I attached in the future please so as to have a better understanding before replying.
all drivers have their moments they curse .they ignore team orders insult with fu words.vettel had his milti 21 moment.yuki is treated differently because he is japanese same with honda .the nonsense coming all who make these an issue not just u
We dont care what nationality he is, and here's a fact, most of us who are critical of him, actually really like him - he's a great character.

What we dont like, is when he puts himself above the team, then dive bombs his teammate after the race and then comes close to sideswiping him after that!
"In downforce we trust"

Mclarensenna

Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 10:06
Mclarensenna wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 08:38
Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 07:31

First world problem yuki overtake ric after race end and make a small lockup. world is coming to an end oh reputational damage.storm in a cup tea trivial nonsense
It is "trivial nonsense" sure when you misquote my post claiming all Yuki did was a small lockup. Half the grid had trivial lockups. But Yuki did not just have a trivial lockup. There was an entire maneuver he did as posted in the video. Did you click on the 2 videos i posted before replying? You also missed the rest of my post explaining the multiple outbursts, ignoring team orders as shown in the second video as well?

The entire Yuki trifecta of behaviour (radio outbursts, ignoring team orders, and erratic driving post race damaged his reputation, not just the trivial lockup. Please try and read my posts in full including watching any videos I attached in the future please so as to have a better understanding before replying.
all drivers have their moments they curse .they ignore team orders insult with fu words.vettel had his milti 21 moment.yuki is treated differently because he is japanese same with honda .the nonsense coming all who make these an issue not just u
Yuki is being treated the same way most drivers would in this situation. It has nothing to do with racism and him being Japanese. The Japanese passport is the most powerful and most accepting in the world which makes it pretty obvious people love Japanese people. Not even sure how you made the racism connection? I like Yuki and actually said in an earlier reply above he usually cracks me up with his outbursts. But Saturdays behaviour overall was just a bit too much.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

Sieper

It was a bit too much, this is a problem that Yuki has, controlling his anger. And like many have said, it is for us onlookers amusing, he is not a bad guy, but this hurts him as now everyone is talking about Yuki, but he did get hard done by the team.

We don't need to go in circles about the reasoning, I have seen the race and read the comments and that is my opinion on the matter.

Bill
Bill

no he is not treated the same .u just have to listen to the nonsense sky spout every time .they want him out of that sit regardless of his performance .he has been faster thantheir all his last 3 teammate .they say Lawson shoud be handed that sit but he was 0.6tenth slower than yuki on their last race together. The British media dont like Honda after their last spate with mclaren and by extension they dont like Yuki either,he is there because of Honda like honda drive the car with him and help him earn his superlicence. everyone is in f1 because of someone yuki is no exception.

Wouter

CHT wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:19
Not sure what was the gap between Ric and Kevin when they crossed the chequered flag, but I got the impression that Ric was struggling to keep up with Kevin despite being the quicker RB driver. perhaps I was wrong.
Magnussen vs Ricciardo

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/786-813/

Ricciardo wasn't the quicker RB driver those last few laps.

Yuki vs Magnussen

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/813-849/

Ricciardo vs Yuki

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/849-786/
The Power of Dreams!

lucafo

Yuki Coriolanus Tsunoda

djos

Wouter wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 11:21
CHT wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:19
Not sure what was the gap between Ric and Kevin when they crossed the chequered flag, but I got the impression that Ric was struggling to keep up with Kevin despite being the quicker RB driver. perhaps I was wrong.
Magnussen vs Ricciardo

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/786-813/

Ricciardo wasn't the quicker RB driver those last few laps.

Yuki vs Magnussen

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/813-849/

Ricciardo vs Yuki

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9198 ... s/849-786/
Not surprising considering he wasted 2 laps behind Yuki plus more time when Max caught them.

That’s just how soft tires degrade and why it was important that Yuki do what he was told when he was told!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 11:10
no he is not treated the same .u just have to listen to the nonsense sky spout every time .they want him out of that sit regardless of his performance .he has been faster thantheir all his last 3 teammate .they say Lawson shoud be handed that sit but he was 0.6tenth slower than yuki on their last race together. The British media dont like Honda after their last spate with mclaren and by extension they dont like Yuki either,he is there because of Honda like honda drive the car with him and help him earn his superlicence. everyone is in f1 because of someone yuki is no exception.
What has Sky got to do with this forum? Zero!

Your arguments make no sense!
"In downforce we trust"

factory_p

Bill wrote:
Perhaps Yuki gets an unfair treatment at times. He is fast and deserves his seat on pace. HOWEVER that still wouldn't grant him a free pass for risking a collision with his teammate on a cool down lap.

Remember the Ferrucci - Maini incident in F2 2018? Hitting his teammate on a cooldown earned Ferrucci a 4 races ban. He is american. Other example : Ticktum hitting Collard behind a safety car. That earned him a 2 years ban from motorsport. He is british.

So no, Yuki isn't treated unfairly TODAY for his post race shenanigans. This is not an acceptable behaviour. An adult sportsman hired by a company to drive their car must be able to control his temper and handle disagreements with the team in an appropriate manner and not lash out on his teammate on a cooldown lap.

HPD

I don't think anyone here is justifying Yuki behavior after the race. It was reckless and leaves a bad image for the pilot, it should not happen again.
(believe me, if Yuki wanted to hit Ricciardo, he would have done it hahaha)
Bill wrote:
no he is not treated the same .u just have to listen to the nonsense sky spout every time
I know what you're trying to say, it doesn't just happen on skyf1 but on DAZN too. It is a delicate topic that I do not want to touch on but there is a certain contempt, mainly on the European side. (maybe it's just my imagination, so don't take it personally).

But the loggia is the following:
Yuki is better than his teammate in a race.
"his teammate had a bad day"

Yuki is worse than his teammate in a race.
"his teammate is a world champion"

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 11:43
Bill wrote:
What has Sky got to do with this forum? Zero!

Your arguments make no sense!
what happens on sky or media broadcast is reason why most people dislike yuki.they focus on his radio outburst nobody ever ask that is he a really gooddriver. people can be taught to hate ,politician do it all the time they whip their populous into a frenzy then the country goes to war. The key is people should learn to think for themselves and let the laptime do the talking.

ispano6

F1 is about the faster driver. Eventually, performance speaks more than PR. Yuki hasn't been trained in PR. Daniel has a decade of learning. So here we are talking about Yuki's attitude. Seems like there are two camps where one wants to focus on beating up Yuki and the other is focused on Yuki beating his teammate. Marko is part of the the later group. Ruthless may be a strong word, but that camp breeds drivers of a certain perspective. Liam isn't that different in how he has sold himself against Yuki

kptaylor
kptaylor

No, it's the obvious fact that Yuki is too volatile, and not in a good and competitive way. If you can't control your emotions/rage, ignoring team orders and then nearly causing expensive damage in a childish rage is a near deal breaker for most teams. After 4 years he hasn't shown much growth.

FW17

Dick move by Riccardo by not handing over the place back to Tsunoda

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yuki is by far the worst in regards to losing the plot. He hurt his chances of an RBR seat with those crazy antics on the cooldown lap and throwing a tantrum about being told to move aside for Dan. Again this was something that was discussed pre race as a real possibility of happening so its not like he didn't know it was coming once Dan caught up, AS the saying goes "descretion is the better part of valour" if he just followed that mantra he would have garnered alot more sympathy for what happened but alas his immaturity took over again and he lost it.