2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

SSJ4 wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 12:51
https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2024 ... uning.html

According to the information gathered, there is some dissatisfaction within the factory, as the objective was quite different. Reason for the disappointment? The great work put together on the tuning of the single-seater.

Three free practice sessions spent on understanding the car in order to increase its performance in high-fuel configuration. A precise set-up to optimise the car with so much petrol on board that in fact did not pay off and on the contrary deceived.

However, which was confirmed to us just yesterday: the fine tuning on the AMR24 was incorrect. Not functional, in short. But the good news is that the team has apparently understood why and has already been working since Saturday evening to correct this situation.

Does this mean that in Jeddah the car will be strong and everything will go right? Theory says so, but as we know, it will only be the track that will confirm the goodness of the measures to 'cure' the AMR24. On the other hand, we know very well that in F1 you don't gain tenths overnight.

Having 'learned their lesson', as they say, 'by the book', the technicians led by the Luxembourgian engineer will present themselves in Jeddah, in a few days' time, with much clearer ideas.

Among other things, the intention is to minimise a certain understeer attitude, with a lot of oversteer coming out of corners, which since pre-season has bedevilled the drivers' handling, limiting the potential of the car wrapped in British racing green.
In other translators the last part reads more like "the intention is to minimize a certain understeer attitude, complete with oversteer out of corners, which has bored the drivers' handling since pre-season", a bit different rather than "lots of", but not really sure which is correct. It would be great if we had an italian speaker here because with all the italian articles (which are frankly good) it would be better than using internet translators :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

KimiRai wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:37
SSJ4 wrote:

According to the information gathered, there is some dissatisfaction within the factory, as the objective was quite different. Reason for the disappointment? The great work put together on the tuning of the single-seater.

Three free practice sessions spent on understanding the car in order to increase its performance in high-fuel configuration. A precise set-up to optimise the car with so much petrol on board that in fact did not pay off and on the contrary deceived.

However, which was confirmed to us just yesterday: the fine tuning on the AMR24 was incorrect. Not functional, in short. But the good news is that the team has apparently understood why and has already been working since Saturday evening to correct this situation.

Does this mean that in Jeddah the car will be strong and everything will go right? Theory says so, but as we know, it will only be the track that will confirm the goodness of the measures to 'cure' the AMR24. On the other hand, we know very well that in F1 you don't gain tenths overnight.

Having 'learned their lesson', as they say, 'by the book', the technicians led by the Luxembourgian engineer will present themselves in Jeddah, in a few days' time, with much clearer ideas.

Among other things, the intention is to minimise a certain understeer attitude, with a lot of oversteer coming out of corners, which since pre-season has bedevilled the drivers' handling, limiting the potential of the car wrapped in British racing green.
In other translators the last part reads more like "the intention is to minimize a certain understeer attitude, complete with oversteer out of corners, which has bored the drivers' handling since pre-season", a bit different rather than "lots of", but not really sure which is correct. It would be great if we had an italian speaker here because with all the italian articles (which are frankly good) it would be better than using internet translators :lol:
I'm Italian, but I don't trust that source very much.

They said the goal of the team is to reduce a "certain (so something present, not that there is a lot of) understeering behaviour" of the car that is also causing oversteer on exit.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:10
They said the goal of the team is to reduce a "certain (so something present, not that there is a lot of) understeering behaviour" of the car that is also causing oversteer on exit.
So the typical entry understeer/exit oversteer perhaps? Also if I may ask, why do you not trust that source, did they get it wrong in the past? It would be good to know since you seem to know them

Xyz22
Xyz22

KimiRai wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:23
Xyz22 wrote:
So the typical entry understeer/exit oversteer perhaps? Also if I may ask, why do you not trust that source, did they get it wrong in the past? It would be good to know since you seem to know them
According to them, yeah. It's a huge problem when it's unexpected especially, and then you need to deal with the oversteer as well, which is awful in a track in which rear tyres life is critical.

The 2023 AM had an amazing balance in Bahrain, easily the second-best car last year.

They got some things wrong in the past, yeah. I would trust De la Rosa on this, unless they are telling him what to say in public.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 04 Mar 2024, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:28
According to them, yeah. It's a huge problem when it's unexpected especially, and then you need to deal with the oversteer as well, which is awful in a track in which rear tyres life is critical.

The 2023 AM had an amazing balance in Bahrain, easily the second-best car last year.

They got some things wrong in the past, yeah. I would trust De la Rosa on this, unless they are telling him what to say.
I'm sure they tell De la Rosa what to say, he's very professional and won't reveal any information from his own team unless he is explicitly allowed to. (from other teams, well, that is a different story :wink: :lol: )

just remembered we have Whitmarsh, DLR and Alonso in the same team once again, isn't that great

issey
issey

KimiRai wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:23
Xyz22 wrote:
This is a reliable source, it’s part of Formu1a uno, just the technical side as far as I know. I don’t know where the guys gets it from that the source is not reliable, it definitely is.

xReVo
xReVo

KimiRai wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:37
SSJ4 wrote:

I'm Italian and the correct translation is lots of. It's a fairly reliable source because they deal with F1 technique.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fia president Ben Sulayem under investigation for allegedly interfering to revoke Alonso's 2023 Saudi GP penalty which allowed him to retain the podium

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

-wkst-
-wkst-

As far as it isn't the case that AMR or ALO called Ben Sulayem I don't see the big problem for AMR or ALO.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Otromundo

I don't think what happened last season when changes to the car started is very relevant. It was the first race of the season and that always has its consequences regarding changes, improvements, understanding well what can be improved and how ...., etc.

Now they have the opportunity to forget what happened last year in their memory by doing things right this time. This way we will also forget about that matter.

It was almost expected that the rear suspension would generate some kind of problem in the first race. The front one, also new, must be adjusted correctly. Also.

If they understand and solve their suspension problems, it is assumed that they could travel with McLaren. Apparently Ferrari and RB would still be ahead.

If the Mercedes engine continues to have heating problems (although it apparently has not affected AM or McL) it will not be good news.

For now I trust them, I know they learned a lot last season. And I suppose the suspensions will improve. I don't have such clear ideas regarding the engine, if ... has caused temperature problems in the official team... mmm
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 09:36
I guess Matt Harman could be a good fit, looking at the 2026 regs, as he was head of power train integration and transmission design for Mercedes in their "golden era".
You don't think Honda should hire would they want ? or already has someone in the job ?

xReVo
xReVo

-wkst- wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 09:36
I guess Matt Harman could be a good fit, looking at the 2026 regs, as he was head of power train integration and transmission design for Mercedes in their "golden era".
The same Harman that made the 2022 Alpine engine? Leave him where it is please

xReVo
xReVo

Otromundo wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 22:07
I don't think what happened last season when changes to the car started is very relevant. It was the first race of the season and that always has its consequences regarding changes, improvements, understanding well what can be improved and how ...., etc.

Now they have the opportunity to forget what happened last year in their memory by doing things right this time. This way we will also forget about that matter.

It was almost expected that the rear suspension would generate some kind of problem in the first race. The front one, also new, must be adjusted correctly. Also.

If they understand and solve their suspension problems, it is assumed that they could travel with McLaren. Apparently Ferrari and RB would still be ahead.

If the Mercedes engine continues to have heating problems (although it apparently has not affected AM or McL) it will not be good news.

For now I trust them, I know they learned a lot last season. And I suppose the suspensions will improve. I don't have such clear ideas regarding the engine, if ... has caused temperature problems in the official team... mmm
Would the goal be to reach McLaren? Seriously not even in nightmares

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 03:15
Otromundo wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 22:07

Would the goal be to reach McLaren? Seriously not even in nightmares
McLaren did finish ahead of AMR last year. It is one way of marking progress.