Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
myurr
myurr

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:37
I have nothing more then that an investigation was started and closed. If you have more please share
You have a press release about the investigation. You have no idea of the contents of the investigation. You have no idea of the mandate or brief given to the investigator. You have no idea of who they spoke to, what those testimonies were. You have no idea why the board chose to exonerate Horner on the back of that investigation.

I have rumour, leaks, and an on the record public statement from Jos Verstappen that Horner is not the victim and is causing all the problems, I'm open about that. But given the complete lack of transparency and the likely validity of the leaked information I will continue to call for the FIA to investigate properly and transparently (where possible) so that the matter can be concluded correctly.

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:48
out of interest are you a lawyer (same goes for TFSA) the reason I ask is I’ve in the past found far too many forums where ‘ internet lawyers’ dissect ( I’m a little guilty of it I this thread too) legal jargon but when you get a lawyer to explain it often gives a very very different picture not that they are always right either but I’ve found they often give a better view on what’s going on in such matters.
No, and I'm happy to stand corrected by a lawyer qualified in the relevant areas.

I have been a company director of a couple of different sized businesses over the last 25 or so years, and have participated in and sat on the board judging more than one case of this nature, including one against another board member. So I'm probably just about well informed enough to say something stupid and wrong that a lawyer would correct.

Wouter

Title of this thread: "Christian Horner under investigation."

The investigation is closed. The charges were dismissed.

Most reactions here still are : Horner is guilty, he should go! Based on nothing, the investiagation is closed.

I think the title of this thread has to be changed in: " The public crucifying of Christian Horner." #-o
The Power of Dreams!

Appears there might be a contractual tie between Marko & VER. If Marko leaves, an option opens up for VER to exit his contract too. Tangential discussion but pertinent.

Translation: Will Max Verstappen move to Mercedes? That's why Red Bull motorsport chief advisor Helmut Marko is key.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

maxxer
maxxer

myurr wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:49
maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:37
I have nothing more then that an investigation was started and closed. If you have more please share
You have a press release about the investigation. You have no idea of the contents of the investigation. You have no idea of the mandate or brief given to the investigator. You have no idea of who they spoke to, what those testimonies were. You have no idea why the board chose to exonerate Horner on the back of that investigation.

I have rumour, leaks, and an on the record public statement from Jos Verstappen that Horner is not the victim and is causing all the problems, I'm open about that. But given the complete lack of transparency and the likely validity of the leaked information I will continue to call for the FIA to investigate properly and transparently (where possible) so that the matter can be concluded correctly.
So actually you say you have nothing ? And still you are attacking me while i say that i have nothing ?

myurr
myurr

CHT wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:39
you are very good at sensationalizing thing without facts

I could said thaf Horner was in love and it was a romantic relation went wrong.

Unless you can put facts on the table otherwise its just your word vs mine.

How about sharing with us what you know about the complainant as starter
And you are very good at deflecting to try and defend the indefensible. I'd rather not dox the victim if it's all the same to you. Unfortunately her name and details are easily found on Google if that's your thing.

Why do you continue to avoid answering the simple question I asked you? I'll remind you if you like:
If the victim had never consented, they'd never had any kind of affair, do you believe that Horner's behaviour was acceptable? Do you think it's okay to unsolicitedly repeatedly ask someone for pictures, to attempt to video call them at all hours, to try and call them to get them to listen to you masturbate, to try and control who they spend time with at work because you are jealous, to call round their hotel room, to ask them what they're wearing underneath their pyjamas, to tell them that the way out from enduring your behaviour is to leave their job? Is this how you live your life and interact with others?

myurr
myurr

maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:57
So actually you say you have nothing ? And still you are attacking me while i say that i have nothing ?
Strangely I won't stand there with my fingers in my ears shouting "Horner is innocent, Horner is innocent, Red Bull told me he's innocent" whilst there is information that appears legitimate circulating in the public domain that appears to prove the contrary.

Why do you believe the FIA should not investigate? That is, after all, what I'm calling for.

maxxer
maxxer

myurr wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:59
maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:57
Strangely I won't stand there with my fingers in my ears shouting "Horner is innocent, Horner is innocent, Red Bull told me he's innocent" whilst there is information that appears legitimate circulating in the public domain that appears to prove the contrary.

Why do you believe the FIA should not investigate? That is, after all, what I'm calling for.
I never said he is innocent of his behaviour within the company.
The company closed it after researching it and the FIA can open an investigation if one of the teams makes a formal complaint which so far none did.

codetower

Apologies if this is an obvious question, but I haven't been thoroughly following this (I'm not a Horner nor an RBR fan). I also haven't seen it mentioned here... But the original complaint, was it lodged by the female associate? Or was it someone who got wind of Horner's wrong-doing, maybe knew the details, and lodged the complaint which triggered the initial investigation?

I can't help but feel bad for the woman involved in all this if that is the case. This might explain why Horner was cleared in the first place. Maybe she didn't wan't all the public scrutiny, maybe she just wanted Horner to leave her alone and all this go away. If so, then the people involved in all these leaks, simply to force Horner out, ruin the woman's life, drag Geri into the public eye, and all the families involved... simply for their gain... are just as much scum.

myurr
myurr

maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:03
The company closed it after researching it and the FIA can open an investigation if one of the teams makes a formal complaint which so far none did.
I believe the FIA can, and should, unilaterally open that investigation.

Meanwhile the press are now quoting Marko as having said that he wouldn't stand in the way of Max leaving if that's what he wanted to do, and that Ford are actively looking into pulling out of their deal with Red Bull.

Whether you like it or not the rest of the world is reacting to the leaks and piling the pressure on Horner and Red Bull.

Venturiation
Venturiation

maxxer
maxxer

myurr wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:08
maxxer wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:03
I believe the FIA can, and should, unilaterally open that investigation.

Meanwhile the press are now quoting Marko as having said that he wouldn't stand in the way of Max leaving if that's what he wanted to do, and that Ford are actively looking into pulling out of their deal with Red Bull.

Whether you like it or not the rest of the world is reacting to the leaks and piling the pressure on Horner and Red Bull.
The FIA can't and also have expressed this clearly. They are just in charge of technical rules about the cars.
The commercial rights holder might be involved but cant do much also.
And if you look at them they would have some serious questions to answer also.
1/3rd of the races in the season are in countries which do not care about human rights.
The foul talking of drivers seems to be fun for them for tv.

So think about it

f1jcw
f1jcw

🚨 | Ford is currently checking whether the already agreed partnership with Red Bull can still be dissolved.

The bosses in Detroit are rumored to have no interest in getting involved in the drama at Red Bull.

TFSA

chrstphrln wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:19
No, you probably have to look at it differently.

After all, you can't blame a whistleblower for exposing a possible cover-up.
And in order to judge, you have to know whether the allegations are justified and the screenshots are real. Then it would be a cover-up.
No you don't.

Posting private information on an internal matter which is not a matter of interest to the public does not qualify as whistleblowing.

Nothing illegal has happened here, per se. Christian Horner may be guilty of breaching Red Bulls internal company policy, but he hasn't broken any laws as far as we know. And if he did, then the matter should have been turned over to the police, because illegal conduct is their job to deal with.

And it's not a cover-up either, because Red Bull is not obliged to disclose the evidence to begin with. Someone, including the CEO, having an affair within a company is not considered to be a matter of public interest. It's of interest to the stock-owners and the company.

This is still an internal matter, and Red Bull is entitled to make a decision. Choosing to keep Horner is not a "cover-up". Rather, it's more accurately described as a very questionable moral decision. But it's still their decision to make.

dans79

f1jcw wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:16
🚨 | Ford is currently checking whether the already agreed partnership with Red Bull can still be dissolved.
In a round about way this is what I think Jos was talking about. Imo, the longer this goes on the more likely it is that partners and sponsors will cut ties, and that some segment of the workforce will start to pursue other opportunities.
201 105 104 9 9 7