Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 00:38
Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 00:18
More anonymous sources

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/263027/r ... rtner.html
Ford would reconsider cooperation

After Christian Horner was accused of inappropriate behaviour - and has since been cleared of it - there seemed to be a crack in the relationship between Ford and Red Bull. The Americans also openly did not respond to the outcome of Red Bull's internal investigation. And so now stories are circulating that Ford are looking internally at whether they can get out of the deal with the Austrians.

GPblog can say with clarity, however, that all these rumours are false. Ford has no intention whatsoever of breaking the deal with Red Bull. Preparations for the '26 season are of course in full swing, and Ford and Red Bull will continue to work on a power unit for the season in which F1 regulations will be completely overhauled.
I'd guess neither the are/aren't reconsidering has a real source at Ford Inside insider is Dutch so probably Jos?
GPBLog could say RBR - who would claim all is hunky dory even if its not

Lesson on the day don't believe everything on the internet I guess. One of them will end up being true
Not sure why Jos got himself into this, I am guessing media will start talking about him soon. This is not good for Max for sure.

"The hot-headed father of Red Bull's star driver who is taking on Christian Horner over 'sex texts' scandal: How Jos Verstappen assaulted man at go-kart track, was accused of attacking an ex and arrested for attempted murder after driving at former lover"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... andal.html
Yeah well enough aware of Jos past which is whi I have some red flags on exactly whats going on here especially with him now making public comments directly.

It doesn't obviously absolve CH or any wrong doing but just raises what ihad been leaked and what purpose etc. Add in with the whole RB power struggle.

Watto
Watto

dans79 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 00:45
If true, I could see this being what started the war.

https://www.formulapassion.it/motorspor ... o-red-bull
According to what was gathered by FormulaPassion.it , an authoritative source familiar with the matter has reconstructed the genesis of the disagreements so bitter that they split the team, with Horner on one side and the Austrians on the other.

In fact, it seems that in 2023 Christian Horner would have presented himself to the Yoovidhya family with an offer from financiers in the British area, with the aim of acquiring - in whole or in part - the Formula 1 team from the company. Thus covering that leading role - 'Wolff-style' - which he has been whispered about in many quarters in recent months.
All this was unaware of the Austrians, who would not have welcomed - to put it mildly - this move by the team principal. From here the clear rift between Horner and Fuschl's headquarters
was born , even before the scandal that emerged in recent weeks.
Naturally the conditional is a must in such a complex and multifaceted matter, but we can confirm that it is a strong indiscretion , which would help to rebuild the relationships that have been so tense in the team for over a year.
Yep, thats why I do reserve a fair bit of judgement on whats going on going behind the Austrian side of RBs back is poor considering what they provided him with let him run the team without many questions - Marko keeping a very close eye on it, the article some pages back seems to suggest too Marko begun getting a little sidelined as things went on as Christian developed a friendship with Dietrich Mateschitz.

Not saying for a moment there isn't reason to fire him re the 'leaked texts' just there seems an awful lot playing out here

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Forget the Brad Pitt film, this is what Hollywood should be using as the basic for a film!! It has intrigue, political wrangling and everything!!

(Obviously they'd have to use fictional characters, but inspired by this!!)
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

f1jcw
f1jcw

dans79 wrote:

According to what was gathered by FormulaPassion.it , an authoritative source familiar with the matter has reconstructed the genesis of the disagreements so bitter that they split the team, with Horner on one side and the Austrians on the other.

In fact, it seems that in 2023 Christian Horner would have presented himself to the Yoovidhya family with an offer from financiers in the British area, with the aim of acquiring - in whole or in part - the Formula 1 team from the company. Thus covering that leading role - 'Wolff-style' - which he has been whispered about in many quarters in recent months.
All this was unaware of the Austrians, who would not have welcomed - to put it mildly - this move by the team principal. From here the clear rift between Horner and Fuschl's headquarters
Naturally the conditional is a must in such a complex and multifaceted matter, but we can confirm that it is a strong indiscretion , which would help to rebuild the relationships that have been so tense in the team for over a year.
I heard this several weeks ago from a British twitter user who lives or used to live in Austria and gets the reports from Austria

Watto
Watto

f1jcw wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 01:47
dans79 wrote:

I heard this several weeks ago from a British twitter user who lives or used to live in Austria and gets the reports from Austria

Certainly seems its been simmering a while.

And while I tend to think no matter what it should have ended in Horners removed if true, I wonder if the leaks have tried to create a very very one sided picture of what happened - perhaps why Horner doesn't deny them

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26328654 ... gues-sext/
It was also reported that the woman at the centre of the sexts storm has struck up a close friendship with another senior figure in Horner’s Red Bull team.
This may well be selective to try and discredit the woman involved think there is PR 101 about that kinda think for RB.

But, still working in the role where she still has to deal in some part with Horner even in a reduced capacity is she 'okay' with how things are at RBR, an office fling gone wrong is CH/RBR address the issues re the harassment she is happy to move on - obviously very very hypothetical on my part there.

Also Horner is threatening to sue F1 magazine on their story

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2 ... cusations/

Christian Horner threatens F1 magazine with legal action over ‘inaccurate’ fresh accusations

Red Bull claimed the article caused ‘serious harm’ to its team principal with their lawyers demanding its removal
Robert Mendick ; Tom Morgan and Tom Cary 4 March 2024 • 6:44pm
Related Topics

Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing, Formula 1 Grand Prix

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner arrives at the grid before the start of the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir on March 2, 2024
Christian Horner was cleared of 'controlling behaviour' against a female employee last week Credit: Getty Images/Andrej Isakovic

Christian Horner is threatening legal action against a Formula One magazine that named the female employee with whom he allegedly shared lewd messages.

The magazine’s website crashed on Monday under the weight of internet traffic following publication of a lengthy article on the case. It prompted Horner’s lawyers at Harbottle & Lewis to fire off two legal letters accusing the magazine of publishing an “unlawful” article that was defamatory but also preached privacy and data protection rights.

Horner’s lawyers demanded the article’s removal, which it said had caused serious harm to Horner, the chief executive of Red Bull Racing.

Horner, 50, was cleared of ‘controlling behaviour’ last Wednesday following an investigation by an independent barrister on behalf of Red Bull’s parent company. But a day later flirty and occasionally lewd WhatsApp messages purportedly between Horner and a female employee at Red Bull were sent via an anonymous email account to journalists as well as team principals and senior officials in F1.

The magazine, which is available only online, identified the woman at the centre of the controversy as well as making a number of claims relating to events at Red Bull.

Horner, who is married to Geri Horner (nee Halliwell), 51, a former member of the Spice Girls, denies any wrongdoing and was photographed with her at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Saturday in a public show of support from his famous wife.
Team chief Christian Horner (R) of Red Bull Racing and his wife Geri Halliwell arrive before the Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix, at Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir, Bahrain,
Geri (left) and Christian Horner were in attendance together at last weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix Credit: Shutterstock/Ali Haider

The magazine article began to circulate on Sunday in preview form. The article was then published online at midnight but by lunchtime on Monday it had become inaccessible because of the volume of traffic until the afternoon. It charges a subscription of £205 a year.

The magazine, which is published monthly, is normally viewed by just 50 people a day who pay a subscription for it, its editor said.

The legal letters were sent by Harbottle & Lewis to Tom Rubython, the magazine’s 68-year-old editor and author of the article. On his Wikipedia page, it says of Mr Rubython: “he has enjoyed a controversial journalistic career and has reputedly been sued for libel more times than any other British journalist.”

A Red Bull spokesman said: “The piece is littered with inaccuracies and is subject to legal complaint.”

Mr Rubython confirmed he had received legal warnings from lawyers representing Horner. However, he insisted Horner and Red Bull would have to seek a court injunction before he would agree to take the article down.

“We’ve actually said to them, we’re not taking the article down from our website... if they want that to happen, they have got to seek an injunction,” he said.

When asked about the extent of contact he had with Red Bull and Horner in advance of publication, Rubython said: “We talked to Red Bull, we didn’t talk to Christian. We didn’t talk to Christian because we knew we would immediately get ....the worst thing anybody can have is pre-publication is an injunction. We knew what would happen immediately. I spoke to him yesterday and immediately I got the ‘You must speak to my lawyer’.”

The editor added that the website had crashed on Monday due to intense interest worldwide in his story. “The website is overwhelmed with thousands of people trying to access the report.... it is designed for 50 or so users a day.”

CHT
CHT

The conspiracy I have is that those people at the top who are responsible for handling this case may themselves be guilty of doing something similar or worse, and they fear the possibility that some ladies or girls may leak something against them and turn this into a #MeToo movement against alpha males in F1 circus.

So the best way is to lay low and let the legal professional handle the case.

Perhaps CH case is just the tip of the iceberg within F1 and many more similar stories may appear?

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 03:01
The conspiracy I have is that those people at the top who are responsible for handling this case may themselves be guilty of doing something similar or worse, and they fear the possibility that some ladies or girls may leak something against them and turn this into a #MeToo movement against alpha males in F1 circus.

So the best way is to lay low and let the legal professional handle the case.

Perhaps CH case is just the tip of the iceberg within F1 and many more similar stories may appear?
Wouldn't surprise me sadly. Especially amongst some of the longer serving senior staff.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

mendis
mendis

dans79 wrote:

It's actually a good idea for Horner to acquire the team. Red Bull GmbH hardly does any service to the racing team. They can go around slapping their sticker on any car to get their advertisement going for a bit of money like they do in other sports. To secure the future of the team, Horner can partner with a strong automobile giant and transform into a strong factory team. This would help team remain in the sport for a long time.

bagajohny
bagajohny

mendis wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 05:37
dans79 wrote:

It's actually a good idea for Horner to acquire the team. Red Bull GmbH hardly does any service to the racing team. They can go around slapping their sticker on any car to get their advertisement going for a bit of money like they do in other sports. To secure the future of the team, Horner can partner with a strong automobile giant and transform into a strong factory team. This would help team remain in the sport for a long time.
Sounds like a sensible solution but corporates need to ruin everything.

CHT
CHT

bagajohny wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 06:28
mendis wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Auto giants will also come with their unique corporate cultures and their way of running the operation. They are not the people who will give the team a blank cheque and allow the team to run on its own. And that is why RBR decided to split from Renault and Honda to be less reliant on partners to develop their power unit. To go back to automotive giants it's like going 2 steps back I reckon
Finding a financial backer like privately owned Redbull is not easy to find and not many companies can justify spending such a huge sum of money for marketing and branding campaigns. Not even the petrol giants like Shell etc
Last edited by CHT on 05 Mar 2024, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:04
bagajohny wrote:
mendis wrote:
Auto giants will also come with their unique corporate cultures and their way of running the operation. They are not the people who will give the team a blank cheque and allow the team to run on its own. And that is why RBR decided to split from Renault and Honda to be less reliant on partners to develop their power unit. To go back to automotive giants it's like going 2 steps back I reckon
Finding a financial backer like privately owned Redbull is not easy and not many companies can justify spending such a huge sum of money for marketing and branding campaigns. Not even the petrol giants like Shell etc
Didn't Red Bull want Honda to stay it was Hondas call to leave - I guess that in turn could have lead them to developing their own engine to be less reliant on a 3rd party corporate decisions. I doubt we got RBPT if Honda didn't decide to leave (and then change its mind again, go figure)

Mind you it is why Horner etc didn't want the Porsche heal with Porsche/VM buying a 50% stake in the game and taking away control.

Thinks clearly worked well under DM where it was he funds you win races as an almost personal project.

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:28
CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:04
bagajohny wrote:

Finding a financial backer like privately owned Redbull is not easy and not many companies can justify spending such a huge sum of money for marketing and branding campaigns. Not even the petrol giants like Shell etc
Didn't Red Bull want Honda to stay it was Hondas call to leave - I guess that in turn could have lead them to developing their own engine to be less reliant on a 3rd party corporate decisions. I doubt we got RBPT if Honda didn't decide to leave (and then change its mind again, go figure)

Mind you it is why Horner etc didn't want the Porsche heal with Porsche/VM buying a 50% stake in the game and taking away control.

Thinks clearly worked well under DM where it was he funds you win races as an almost personal project.
The reason why RB decided to set up their own PU is because they have bad experience dealing with engine partners. First, it was Renault, where the ex-CEO claimed they were not keen on F1 and unwilling to invest. Then there is Honda dropping the bombshell that they are going to quit F1 before making a U-turn.

In the past, we have already seen many auto giants coming in and out of F1 and PU being such an important part of the car, it makes sense for RB to build their engine IF they are capable of doing so. Without having a secured engine supply I reckon it will be hard for the team to invest in talents and infrastructure.

One misstep, the team will be sitting duck for 4 to 6 years due to engine freeze regulation.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

“The female colleague at the centre of the Christian Horner scandal is allegedly still in contact with him and wanted to fly out to support the Red Bull F1 chief's team at the Bahrain Grand Prix.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -team.html

This is beginning to look more and more like pure character assassination

astracrazy
astracrazy

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 09:41
“The female colleague at the centre of the Christian Horner scandal is allegedly still in contact with him and wanted to fly out to support the Red Bull F1 chief's team at the Bahrain Grand Prix.”

Very strange if true. It would surely suggest any complaint wasn't made by her? I also did wonder why we have nothing from her side about the leaks (I know the main discussion was why didn't CH deny them, but her confirming them would carry more weight), she could have buried him if she confirmed the leaks we true.
Last edited by astracrazy on 05 Mar 2024, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

astracrazy wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:01
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 09:41

Very strange if true. It would surely suggest any complaint wasn't made by her? I also did wonder why we have nothing from her side about the leaks (I know the main discussion was why didn't CH deny them, but her confirming them would carry more weight), she could have buried him if she confirmed the leaks we true.
Quite clearly a lot more to it than meets the eye It might also offer a reason as to why GH is staying by CHs side openly.
All sounds like a movie plot