Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mogster

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 09:41
“The female colleague at the centre of the Christian Horner scandal is allegedly still in contact with him and wanted to fly out to support the Red Bull F1 chief's team at the Bahrain Grand Prix.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -team.html

This is beginning to look more and more like pure character assassination
RBR would need grounds for dismissing the complainant.

RBR employs hundreds of people. In cases like this it wouldn’t be unusual to move the individual to a different role where they don’t have to work directly with the accused party. Whatever the complainant is comfortable with essentially.

astracrazy
astracrazy

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:09
astracrazy wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:01
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 09:41
“The female colleague at the centre of the Christian Horner scandal is allegedly still in contact with him and wanted to fly out to support the Red Bull F1 chief's team at the Bahrain Grand Prix.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -team.html

This is beginning to look more and more like pure character assassination
Very strange if true. It would surely suggest any complaint wasn't made by her? I also did wonder why we have nothing from her side about the leaks (I know the main discussion was why didn't CH deny them, but her confirming them would carry more weight), she could have buried him if she confirmed the leaks we true.
Quite clearly a lot more to it than meets the eye It might also offer a reason as to why GH is staying by CHs side openly.
All sounds like a movie plot
Also explains the story over the weekend about Geri demanding he cuts contact with her, of which I'd have assumed he had and would of had to, but this article suggesting they are still in contact. Which just seems odd.
Mogster wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:12

RBR employs hundreds of people. In cases like this it wouldn’t be unusual to move the individual to a different role where they don’t have to work directly with the accused party. Whatever the complainant is comfortable with essentially.
100%, but this is suggesting they are still in contact which I presume wouldn't be advisable for both parties.

Mogster

astracrazy wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:16
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:09
astracrazy wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:01

Very strange if true. It would surely suggest any complaint wasn't made by her? I also did wonder why we have nothing from her side about the leaks (I know the main discussion was why didn't CH deny them, but her confirming them would carry more weight), she could have buried him if she confirmed the leaks we true.
Quite clearly a lot more to it than meets the eye It might also offer a reason as to why GH is staying by CHs side openly.
All sounds like a movie plot
Also explains the story over the weekend about Geri demanding he cuts contact with her, of which I'd have assumed he had and would of had to, but this article suggesting they are still in contact. Which just seems odd.
Mogster wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:12

100%, but this is suggesting they are still in contact which I presume wouldn't be advisable for both parties.
We don’t know what “contact” means though. They could just copy Horner into emails.

However I see no reason why they shouldn’t be able to just get on with their job if they are comfortable with that. The messages suggested they just wanted to do their job without Horner sexting them. This is a personal problem for Horner not the complainant.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:45
Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:28
CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:04

Auto giants will also come with their unique corporate cultures and their way of running the operation. They are not the people who will give the team a blank cheque and allow the team to run on its own. And that is why RBR decided to split from Renault and Honda to be less reliant on partners to develop their power unit. To go back to automotive giants it's like going 2 steps back I reckon
Finding a financial backer like privately owned Redbull is not easy and not many companies can justify spending such a huge sum of money for marketing and branding campaigns. Not even the petrol giants like Shell etc
Didn't Red Bull want Honda to stay it was Hondas call to leave - I guess that in turn could have lead them to developing their own engine to be less reliant on a 3rd party corporate decisions. I doubt we got RBPT if Honda didn't decide to leave (and then change its mind again, go figure)

Mind you it is why Horner etc didn't want the Porsche heal with Porsche/VM buying a 50% stake in the game and taking away control.

Thinks clearly worked well under DM where it was he funds you win races as an almost personal project.
The reason why RB decided to set up their own PU is because they have bad experience dealing with engine partners. First, it was Renault, where the ex-CEO claimed they were not keen on F1 and unwilling to invest. Then there is Honda dropping the bombshell that they are going to quit F1 before making a U-turn.

In the past, we have already seen many auto giants coming in and out of F1 and PU being such an important part of the car, it makes sense for RB to build their engine IF they are capable of doing so. Without having a secured engine supply I reckon it will be hard for the team to invest in talents and infrastructure.

One misstep, the team will be sitting duck for 4 to 6 years due to engine freeze regulation.
This is purely revisionist history. The reason RBR set up RBPT is because Honda was pulling out of the sport and they couldn't get supplies from Mercedes or Ferrari and would not go back to Renault. They clearly would have stayed with Honda had they not decided to leave, before changing their mind.

If what you said was true RBPT would have been created before the Honda decision.

Generally the fantasies, conspiracies and cherry picking of what is and isn’t a valid source in this thread is outstanding.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

So the division of CH and RB began because he wanted to basically do a hostile takeover or the racing division of Redbull gmbh

CHT
CHT

littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:42
CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:45
Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 07:28

Didn't Red Bull want Honda to stay it was Hondas call to leave - I guess that in turn could have lead them to developing their own engine to be less reliant on a 3rd party corporate decisions. I doubt we got RBPT if Honda didn't decide to leave (and then change its mind again, go figure)

Mind you it is why Horner etc didn't want the Porsche heal with Porsche/VM buying a 50% stake in the game and taking away control.

Thinks clearly worked well under DM where it was he funds you win races as an almost personal project.
The reason why RB decided to set up their own PU is because they have bad experience dealing with engine partners. First, it was Renault, where the ex-CEO claimed they were not keen on F1 and unwilling to invest. Then there is Honda dropping the bombshell that they are going to quit F1 before making a U-turn.

In the past, we have already seen many auto giants coming in and out of F1 and PU being such an important part of the car, it makes sense for RB to build their engine IF they are capable of doing so. Without having a secured engine supply I reckon it will be hard for the team to invest in talents and infrastructure.

One misstep, the team will be sitting duck for 4 to 6 years due to engine freeze regulation.
This is purely revisionist history. The reason RBR set up RBPT is because Honda was pulling out of the sport and they couldn't get supplies from Mercedes or Ferrari and would not go back to Renault. They clearly would have stayed with Honda had they not decided to leave, before changing their mind.

If what you said was true RBPT would have been created before the Honda decision.

Generally the fantasies, conspiracies and cherry picking of what is and isn’t a valid source in this thread is outstanding.
What I said was published in AN interview, Honda u-turn came too late as they had already invested their resources in PT division. Is this the right decision? We can only tell in 2026. But there is no denying RBR's ambition to be a powerhouse in F1.

FW17

PA women is aggrieved with CH for his change in tone after she admonished him. Then on no more private plane ride and fancy hotels for her it was cattle class and lodge with the mechanics. Under these circumstances she could not perform her duties anymore.

chrstphrln

FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 10:54
PA women is aggrieved with CH for his change in tone after she admonished him. Then on no more private plane ride and fancy hotels for her it was cattle class and lodge with the mechanics. Under these circumstances she could not perform her duties anymore.
Source?

PlatinumZealot

Christian is foolish. Should have just apologized to the PA before it broke out. Imagine losing millions of dollars of income over some PA *** You can see why Geri is pushing so hard for her husband to keep his job. Won't be able to keep those lavish parties, and horse stable any more if he's effectively banned from working in F1 again.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

codetower

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:03
Christian is foolish. Should have just apologized to the PA before it broke out. Imagine losing millions of dollars of income over some PA *** You can see why Geri is pushing so hard for her husband to keep his job. Won't be able to keep those lavish parties, and horse stable any more if he's effectively banned from working in F1 again.
He probably did. I have been doubting that it was her who even lodged the complaint. I said it earlier, I believe someone got wind of the relationship and the situation and filed the complaint. This could be why the investigation led to the allegations being dismissed.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

codetower wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
He probably did. I have been doubting that it was her who even lodged the complaint. I said it earlier, I believe someone got wind of the relationship and the situation and filed the complaint. This could be why the investigation led to the allegations being dismissed.
That doesn’t hold water. She was taking screenshots. How do you suppose someone got all the evidence and submitted it without her involvement?

It’s almost never a conspiracy, it’s almost always the stupidity of one or more individuals followed by a coverup that creates the situations like this

codetower

littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:41
codetower wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
That doesn’t hold water. She was taking screenshots. How do you suppose someone got all the evidence and submitted it without her involvement?

It’s almost never a conspiracy, it’s almost always the stupidity of one or more individuals followed by a coverup that creates the situations like this
Who knows why she took the screenshots. It all doesn’t make sense. If you ARE going to be taking screenshots, why also take some showing you as partially accepting of all the flirting?

f1jcw
f1jcw

codetower wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:50
littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:41
codetower wrote:

Who knows why she took the screenshots. It all doesn’t make sense. If you ARE going to be taking screenshots, why also take some showing you as partially accepting of all the flirting?
Did you miss the screen shot to her friend, who said "this sexual assault"
We know why she was doing, she was in a difficult position by her senior and she did the thing that is recommended and that is collate evidence if it was ever required.

What particular part was "flirting" answering back with non-commital answers isn't flirting to me.

myurr
myurr

codetower wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:50
Because if she once partially accepted it, that doesn't mean she accepted it for all time. As soon as she asked Horner to stop and he didn't it became sexual harassment.

Under UK law Red Bull and Horner have an explicit duty to provide a working environment free from sexual harassment. They have failed in that duty.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

I do wonder how much is not seeing anything wrong and how much is not having English as a first language and understanding cultural differences.