2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:17
FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:11
djos wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:06

He wasnt slower, he caught Yuki at nearly 2 seconds a lap! #-o Did you even watch the race?
Why was he behind?
It’s irrelevant, he was on a different strategy to Yuki as he didn’t waste all of his soft tires in qualifying so was able to run soft/ hard/ soft. Yuki ran soft/ hard /hard.
Of course it is relevant. There is no evidence that softs were faster. Yuki got tripped by Kmag and DR ate into that 10 sec advantage. There is no way of measuring Yuki's pace on final stint without Kmag in the way.

CHT
CHT

David Croft from Skysport also said that Yuki was 0.4 seconds in DRS zone within Kevin and it's a terrible time to call for drivers swap.
I think many people sympathize with Yuki .

kptaylor
kptaylor

Different tires, different strategy, etc. If this had already been discussed pre-race, Yuki should have given way and could still have been upset. He had his chance to pass MAG, he knew Daniel was on softs and closing on him. Holding up Daniel, wasting his softs, then allowing Max to catch up and create a blue flag loss of time were all poor form and show his maturity level and race awareness isn't really improving even after four years.

FW17

kptaylor wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 17:43
Different tires, different strategy, etc. If this had already been discussed pre-race, Yuki should have given way and could still have been upset. He had his chance to pass MAG, he knew Daniel was on softs and closing on him. Holding up Daniel, wasting his softs, then allowing Max to catch up and create a blue flag loss of time were all poor form and show his maturity level and race awareness isn't really improving even after four years.
Daniel was very mature in handing over the place when he failed to overtake KMag

kptaylor
kptaylor

Did they ask him to?

djos

kptaylor wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 19:35
Did they ask him to?
No and it wasn’t the race plan.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 18:14
kptaylor wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 17:43
Daniel was very mature in handing over the place when he failed to overtake KMag
Both Daniel and Yuki were out of position due to the team letting others undercut them, but the team still had a race plan that Yuki was Informed of.

There was no instruction to hand the place back, because the team assumed Yuki would do as instructed, allowing Daniel to get by whoever was in front of Yuki.

Yuki scuppered the team plans, so why on earth would they reward him by swapping back?
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

Ric could have over take Yuki because he is quicker and on fresh tires

it will be exciting for fans

runningmanz
runningmanz

FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:35
djos wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:17
FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:11

Why was he behind?
It’s irrelevant, he was on a different strategy to Yuki as he didn’t waste all of his soft tires in qualifying so was able to run soft/ hard/ soft. Yuki ran soft/ hard /hard.
Of course it is relevant. There is no evidence that softs were faster. Yuki got tripped by Kmag and DR ate into that 10 sec advantage. There is no way of measuring Yuki's pace on final stint without Kmag in the way.
Lol I've heard it all now. Your seriously trying to say Yuki on hards would be just as quick or quicker than Dan on softs?? Hilarious.

Check the live timing, when Yuki was in clean air in that last stint and also out of Kmag DRS he was nowhere near Dan's soft lap times.

CHT
CHT

Looking at the speed trap in Bahrain, I don't think Ric will have it easy to pass Kevin with DRS. So its just a assumption that if Yuki move aside Ric will over take Kevin and score points.
The gap to P10 are just too big

djos

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:01
Looking at the speed trap in Bahrain, I don't think Ric will have it easy to pass Kevin with DRS. So its just a assumption that if Yuki move aside Ric will over take Kevin and score points.
It's not just top speed, soft tires give you better traction out of the corners which combined with DRS will let you get alongside the other car and then out brake them. The problem was Yuki delaying letting him by

I went back and rewatched it - here's what happened:

Lap 47 - Yuki catches KMag and gets in DRS range part way through the lap
Lap 48 -
Lap 49 - Dan catches Yuki at the start of the lap (within 1.5s)
Lap 50 - Dan gets gap to under 1s and gets DRS
Lap 51 - Driver Swap ordered (TV replay's it just as Lap 52 ticks over, but it was a replay)
Lap 52 - End of the straight, Yuki chops Daniel and doesnt let him pass
- halfway through the lap, Yuki again ordered to swap, Yuki says "you are kidding me"
Lap 53 - 1/4 of the way through, Daniel say "I dont need to say anything"
- 1/2 way through Yuki finally swaps places
- then Max catches and passes Yuki
- a few corners later, Max catches Daniel forcing him to drop his battle with KMag

Yuki had 3 laps to overtake KMag before Daniel got into DRS range, and 4 laps before the Team order him to let Daniel past.

Daniel got stuck behind Yuki for 4 Laps, almost 3 laps more than he should have been, which compromised his soft tires. Daniel also got chopped by Yuki at the end of the straight - looking at the onboard, it's clear Daniel thought Yuki was taking a wide line to let him through.

This was all compounded when Max caught and lapped them both - it's little wonder that Dan was then unable to get by KMag, his tires were mostly used up thanks to Yuki disobeying team orders.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:32
CHT wrote:
It's not just top speed, soft tires give you better traction out of the corners which combined with DRS will let you get alongside the other car and then out brake them. The problem was Yuki delaying letting him by

Lap 48 -
Lap 51 - Driver Swap ordered (TV replay's it just as Lap 52 ticks over, but it was a replay)
- halfway through the lap, Yuki again ordered to swap, Yuki says "you are kidding me"
- a few corners later, Max catches Daniel forcing him to drop his battle with KMag

Yuki had 3 laps to overtake KMag before Daniel got into DRS range, and 4 laps before the Team order him to let Daniel past.

Daniel got stuck behind Yuki for 4 Laps, almost 3 laps more than he should have been, which compromised his soft tires. Daniel also got chopped by Yuki at the end of the straight - looking at the onboard, it's clear Daniel thought Yuki was taking a wide line to let him through.

This was all compounded when Max caught and lapped them both - it's little wonder that Dan was then unable to get by KMag, his tires were mostly used up thanks to Yuki disobeying team orders.
As I remember there was no attempt of any overtaking around the corner other than DRS I think. Perhaps Ric was not close enough?

How old was Ric tires? I thought they should last for 12 laps. Then again Kevin tires were also getting worn out as well, shouldn't that neutralize the disadvantage?

djos

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:39
djos wrote:
CHT wrote:

Lap 48 -

As I remember there was no attempt of any overtaking around the corner other than DRS I think. Perhaps Ric was not close enough?

How old was Ric tires? I thought they should last for 12 laps. Then again Kevin tires were also getting worn out as well, shouldn't that neutralize the disadvantage?
Go watch it again like I just did, it’s clear that Daniel thought Yuki was letting him by at the end of the straight, the commentators clearly thought the same thing.

Why would you try to overtake your teammate when the pre aged race plan was for you to let him by if Daniel caught him.

Soft tires have a shorter life and it’s easy to wear them out, 3 extra laps behind Yuki towards the end of the stint is enough to lose the advantage they provide.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:46
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:39
djos wrote:

Lap 48 -

Go watch it again like I just did, it’s clear that Daniel thought Yuki was letting him by at the end of the straight, the commentators clearly thought the same thing.

Why would you try to overtake your teammate when the pre aged race plan was for you to let him by if Daniel caught him.

Soft tires have a shorter life and it’s easy to wear them out, 3 extra laps behind Yuki towards the end of the stint is enough to lose the advantage they provide.
Softer tires are quicker than hard tires, I think Kevin tires is already pretty worn out

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
CHT wrote:

Lap 48 -

Good analysis! I watched it on F1 TV Pro from Dans onboards and that blue flag could not have come at a worse time for Dan. Just as he was making a charge to pass Kmag he had to back off and lost alot of time. Furthermore what people didn't see was that when Max came through this allowed Kmag to get a nice slipstream and basically use DRS from Max to catch up to Zhou. Dan was not able to capitalize on Kmag having no DRS on the car in front due to the blue flags and once Kmag was in DRS of Zhou it was extremely hard for him to get close enough to pass even though he was all over Kmag in the last few laps, you could easily see from the onboards the softs were going off.

The delay from Yuki and following blue flags with Max was a key reason why he couldn't get past Kmag its clear from the onboard camera and matching up the live timing. If executed perfectly and without those blue flags there was a real chance with his overtake delta on softs he could have got Kmag and Zhou as neither would have had a DRS advantage from a car in front while Dan was attempting to pass. This was also referenced by his engineer on the radio as well in regards to getting Kmag and Zhou.
Last edited by runningmanz on 06 Mar 2024, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.