Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

gshevlin wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 19:54
If there is one applicable saying for this mess. It has to be "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up".
Money, power and sex. The world's most combustible recipe.
It was probably the lack of item 3 on race weekends why Mr Horny, er, Horner was looking for it from his PA.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Gawd! I went over the leaked screenshots again and boy they are really over the top looking back on them now. Many women go into those positions half-expecting this sort of forward behaviour, but this is not far off a Harvey Weinstein sort of deal.

The part where he said how hot she made him on the plane to Dubai and he wanted her to "finish him off" in the restroom is pretty much unacceptable for a professional, even if in jest. Then asking a few times for a photos before bed and in the morning. A declined video chat right before she was about to take a shower, and prompts for her to hear "his fireball" whatever that is...then reminders of how hot she looks in spandex etc.. Appears to be your textbook workplace sexual harassment case - and it is a slam dunk if these images are genuine (I think they are).

These "interactions" seemed to happen outside of working hours away from the work site. Obviously he's texting form places where he's comfortable and away from the bustle and eyes of coworkers... late nights, pool side.. One might think he would get away with this, but this i not so. He is still liable for work related sexual harrassment ... https://www.getimpactly.com/post/sexual ... tside-work
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

CHT
CHT

skwdenyer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 04:09
Apologies if I’ve missed the link, but Joe Saward’s written an interesting piece on the whole affair: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024/03 ... y-weekend/

Worth reading the comments, too.
Very interesting read indeed. Thanks for sharing

Watto
Watto

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 04:47
Gawd! I went over the leaked screenshots again and boy they are really over the top looking back on them now. Many women go into those positions half-expecting this sort of forward behaviour, but this is not far off a Harvey Weinstein sort of deal.

The part where he said how hot she made him on the plane to Dubai and he wanted her to "finish him off" in the restroom is pretty much unacceptable for a professional, even if in jest. Then asking a few times for a photos before bed and in the morning. A declined video chat right before she was about to take a shower, and prompts for her to hear "his fireball" whatever that is...then reminders of how hot she looks in spandex etc.. Appears to be your textbook workplace sexual harassment case - and it is a slam dunk if these images are genuine (I think they are).

These "interactions" seemed to happen outside of working hours away from the work site. Obviously he's texting form places where he's comfortable and away from the bustle and eyes of coworkers... late nights, pool side.. One might think he would get away with this, but this i not so. He is still liable for work related sexual harrassment ... https://www.getimpactly.com/post/sexual ... tside-work
I haven't bothered going over al of them just what has been easy to find online. And agree from what I saw seems solid grounds for being sacked. One of the interesting points bought by Joe in the comments below his article as he seems to have some connections to all this - probably more on the CH/Thai side though I'd think knowing about Yoovidhya plans to remove Red Bull Technology out of Red Bull GmbH into a separate company's control. If the KC found wrong doing and its as obvious as that why has their been no leaks of the report plenty of other things are leaked in all this etc. Granted I get there are reasons but take it at face value for a moment

langedweil

skwdenyer wrote:
Apologies if I’ve missed the link, but Joe Saward’s written an interesting piece on the whole affair: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024/03 ... y-weekend/

Proper piece from Joe.
This part is naieve though :

The distribution list included a number of very confidential email addresses and so had to have been created by someone who is very well-connected in the F1 business.
HuggaWugga !

Watto
Watto

langedweil wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:50
skwdenyer wrote:

Proper piece from Joe.

The distribution list included a number of very confidential email addresses and so had to have been created by someone who is very well-connected in the F1 business.
Probably understandable from someone not bought up around tech

CHT
CHT

langedweil wrote:
skwdenyer wrote:

Proper piece from Joe.

Is the complainant the Dutch Journalist or the woman?

Dutch journalist approached the company to try to get confirmation of things that he had been told by a source.

maxxer
maxxer

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:39
langedweil wrote:
skwdenyer wrote:

Proper piece from Joe.

Dutch journalist approached the company to try to get confirmation of things that he had been told by a source.
Some blogger on wordpress ?

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:45
If the KC found wrong doing and its as obvious as that why has their been no leaks of the report plenty of other things are leaked in all this etc. Granted I get there are reasons but take it at face value for a moment
AIUI the board commissioned the report so it would be prepared and presented to the board directly. The only other people who may have access to it would be their secretaries.

The limited circulation means that either the report hasn't reached the leaker, or that it would make it too obvious where the leak is coming from so the leaker isn't risking it. If the report leaked internally, via a secretary or a hard copy being left in the bin rather than shredded for instance, then we may see it eventually. I suspect we're unlikely to ever see it.

CHT
CHT

maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 07:52
CHT wrote:
langedweil wrote:

Proper piece from Joe.

Did the woman consent to this?

maxxer
maxxer

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 08:24
maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 07:52
CHT wrote:

Did the woman consent to this?
Which woman to what ?

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

skwdenyer wrote:

Good read and very unbiased. Thanks for that

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:45
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 04:47

I haven't bothered going over al of them just what has been easy to find online. And agree from what I saw seems solid grounds for being sacked. One of the interesting points bought by Joe in the comments below his article as he seems to have some connections to all this - probably more on the CH/Thai side though I'd think knowing about Yoovidhya plans to remove Red Bull Technology out of Red Bull GmbH into a separate company's control. If the KC found wrong doing and its as obvious as that why has their been no leaks of the report plenty of other things are leaked in all this etc. Granted I get there are reasons but take it at face value for a moment
Also very interested in this as well. So if Yoovidhya moved RBT out of RB gmbh...would that mean that the RB gmbh won't profit from the car manufacturers side if it did happen?

myurr
myurr

Jdn1327 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:29
Also very interested in this as well. So if Yoovidhya moved RBT out of RB gmbh...would that mean that the RB gmbh won't profit from the car manufacturers side if it did happen?
I took it to mean that Horner had raised significant money from various British investors and was looking to buy his way into RBT. RB GmbH would either sell it entirely to that consortium, or they would sell a significant share and only keep a residual interest. Horner would get day to day control of the entirety of RBT, and RB GmbH would just be a minority shareholder (if at all), so would profit solely from selling those shares or any dividends paid. If RBT kept the Red Bull name then there could be a residual payment for that, but we can only guess at any ancillaries like that.

clownfish
clownfish

Jdn1327 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:25
skwdenyer wrote:

Good read and very unbiased. Thanks for that
I thought that on first read, but I read it again and think he misses the mark.

He seems more bothered that somebody leaked the screenshots, than that a CEO had an affair with a subordinate, then continued to pressure her for pictures, phone calls to aid his masturbation, and to delete the evidence of this.

Secondly he says the "investigation found no evidence of wrongdoing" ... we actually have no evidence that is the case. All the statement actually said was : "the grievance has been dismissed". That does not confirm that there was "no evidence of wrongdoing", it also doesn't tell us what the KC actually reported/recommended to Red Bull.
All it says is that the investigation is complete and that Red Bull dismissed the grievance.