2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mclarensenna

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:32
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:01
Looking at the speed trap in Bahrain, I don't think Ric will have it easy to pass Kevin with DRS. So its just a assumption that if Yuki move aside Ric will over take Kevin and score points.
The gap to P10 are just too big
It's not just top speed, soft tires give you better traction out of the corners which combined with DRS will let you get alongside the other car and then out brake them. The problem was Yuki delaying letting him by

I went back and rewatched it - here's what happened:

Lap 47 - Yuki catches KMag and gets in DRS range part way through the lap
Lap 48 -
Lap 49 - Dan catches Yuki at the start of the lap (within 1.5s)
Lap 50 - Dan gets gap to under 1s and gets DRS
Lap 51 - Driver Swap ordered (TV replay's it just as Lap 52 ticks over, but it was a replay)
Lap 52 - End of the straight, Yuki chops Daniel and doesnt let him pass
- halfway through the lap, Yuki again ordered to swap, Yuki says "you are kidding me"
Lap 53 - 1/4 of the way through, Daniel say "I dont need to say anything"
- 1/2 way through Yuki finally swaps places
- then Max catches and passes Yuki
- a few corners later, Max catches Daniel forcing him to drop his battle with KMag

Yuki had 3 laps to overtake KMag before Daniel got into DRS range, and 4 laps before the Team order him to let Daniel past.

Daniel got stuck behind Yuki for 4 Laps, almost 3 laps more than he should have been, which compromised his soft tires. Daniel also got chopped by Yuki at the end of the straight - looking at the onboard, it's clear Daniel thought Yuki was taking a wide line to let him through.

This was all compounded when Max caught and lapped them both - it's little wonder that Dan was then unable to get by KMag, his tires were mostly used up thanks to Yuki disobeying team orders.
It's incredible the effort you put in to explain everything step by step in detail with clear facts and instead of people showing some appreciation of some sort, instead decide to attack actual facts :o :shock: Its mind boggling really. As an F1 fan i appreciate your honest, factual analysis. Keep it up :) =D>
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

djos

Mclarensenna wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 02:27
djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:32
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:01
Looking at the speed trap in Bahrain, I don't think Ric will have it easy to pass Kevin with DRS. So its just a assumption that if Yuki move aside Ric will over take Kevin and score points.
The gap to P10 are just too big
It's not just top speed, soft tires give you better traction out of the corners which combined with DRS will let you get alongside the other car and then out brake them. The problem was Yuki delaying letting him by

I went back and rewatched it - here's what happened:

Lap 47 - Yuki catches KMag and gets in DRS range part way through the lap
Lap 48 -
Lap 49 - Dan catches Yuki at the start of the lap (within 1.5s)
Lap 50 - Dan gets gap to under 1s and gets DRS
Lap 51 - Driver Swap ordered (TV replay's it just as Lap 52 ticks over, but it was a replay)
Lap 52 - End of the straight, Yuki chops Daniel and doesnt let him pass
- halfway through the lap, Yuki again ordered to swap, Yuki says "you are kidding me"
Lap 53 - 1/4 of the way through, Daniel say "I dont need to say anything"
- 1/2 way through Yuki finally swaps places
- then Max catches and passes Yuki
- a few corners later, Max catches Daniel forcing him to drop his battle with KMag

Yuki had 3 laps to overtake KMag before Daniel got into DRS range, and 4 laps before the Team order him to let Daniel past.

Daniel got stuck behind Yuki for 4 Laps, almost 3 laps more than he should have been, which compromised his soft tires. Daniel also got chopped by Yuki at the end of the straight - looking at the onboard, it's clear Daniel thought Yuki was taking a wide line to let him through.

This was all compounded when Max caught and lapped them both - it's little wonder that Dan was then unable to get by KMag, his tires were mostly used up thanks to Yuki disobeying team orders.
It's incredible the effort you put in to explain everything step by step in detail with clear facts and instead of people showing some appreciation of some sort, instead decide to attack actual facts :o :shock: Its mind boggling really. As an F1 fan i appreciate your honest, factual analysis. Keep it up :) =D>
Cheers, I decided to do it to make sure I had my own facts straight and hopefully clear up any misconceptions. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

Interview from Sky on Yuki and Ric driver swap.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/video/3099 ... threatened

djos

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 03:52

That was a pretty fair assessment from Naomi. As a former racing driver, she definitely brings some real life racing expertise to some of the side commentary that is much needed.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

CHT wrote:

Thanks for that. Yeah mostly a fair assessment although didn't agree with Crofty making light a bit of Yuki's response given he knew full well about the strategy and has had time to mature with this sort of stuff.

Naomi was pretty much spot on although I question the Yuki was faster on average the whole weekend. Dan was quicker in all practice sessions including exactly the same time run at the end of FP3 so you can;t just totally ignore that. Qualli yes Yuki was marginally quicker, but the race given how difficult it was to pass for both in DRS and being held up, Dans speed on the softs and similar laptimes on the same tyres in clean air makes that part much harder to call one way or another imo.

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 04:16
CHT wrote:

That was a pretty fair assessment from Naomi. As a former racing driver, she definitely brings some real life racing expertise to some of the side commentary that is much needed.
I think Crofty makes sense too. No right or wrong. Just different opinion, agree to disagree.

At the end of the day, let the driving speak for itself, team order is BS.

djos

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:33
djos wrote:
CHT wrote:

I think Crofty makes sense too. No right or wrong. Just different opinion, agree to disagree.

Crofty always forgets that F1 is a team sport and the drivers are just the most visible team member - as a result, he always takes the side of the driver in question.

It's not BS, all teams do this when they have drivers on different strategies, many just hide it with code words.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:37
CHT wrote:
djos wrote:

Crofty always forgets that F1 is a team sport and the drivers are just the most visible team member - as a result, he always takes the side of the driver in question.

It's not BS, all teams do this when they have drivers on different strategies, many just hide it with code words.
Team order first race of the season fighting for no point is sort of meaningless if you ask me.

The interview also commented on the TP as well, Perhaps lack of experience

djos

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:43
djos wrote:
CHT wrote:

Team order first race of the season fighting for no point is sort of meaningless if you ask me.

It wouldn't have been meaningless if Yuki hadnt held Dan up for 3 laps and worn out his soft tires.

Seriously mate, I dont know how long you've been following F1 for, but ALL teams swap drivers around when the car behind is on an alternate soft tire strategy. Which race of the season it is, is not relevant.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:47
CHT wrote:
djos wrote:

It wouldn't have been meaningless if Yuki hadnt held Dan up for 3 laps and worn out his soft tires.

Seriously mate, I dont know how long you've been following F1 for, but ALL teams swap drivers around when the car behind is on an alternate soft tire strategy. Which race of the season it is, is not relevant.
Croft did touch on the timing of the call to swap, which was odd and I agree. But to you Croft is not credible.

If you have been following F1 long you should also know that giving up position in F1 is not normal, and it usually happen if there is a clear no.1 driver like MS, or LH or there is a championship point or prize at stake.

Ric is not in that league yet, and most F1 drivers will not obey such a call instantly. You can look back into the history of F1. Top of my mind was Vettel vs Webber, another RB Australia driver. Alonso even blocks his teammate LH during pit stop. :)

What I mean to say, is what Yuki did is very common in F1, unless there is clear no.1 driver in the team.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:57
djos wrote:
CHT wrote:

Croft did touch on the timing of the call to swap, which was odd and I agree. But to you Croft is not credible.

If you have been following F1 long you should also know that giving up position in F1 is not normal, and it usually happen if there is a clear no.1 driver like MS, or LH or there is a championship point or prize at stake.

Ric is not in that league yet, and most F1 drivers will not obey such a call instantly. You can look back into the history of F1. Top of my mind was Vettel vs Webber, another RB Australia driver. Alonso even blocks his teammate LH during pit stop. :)

What I mean to say, is what Yuki did is very common in F1, unless there is clear no.1 driver in the team.
I think its fairly common in F1. What I probably do question here is rarely is it done when the driver is within 0.5s etc. Its a no brainer really if there was a few seconds between them but that close is where I question the move.

I wonder if Ricc would be happy if he was told to swap even though he was that close even if it was talk about pre race. I am not sure they would envisaged Yuki to be that close to an opponent

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:09
CHT wrote:
djos wrote:

I think its fairly common in F1. What I probably do question here is rarely is it done when the driver is within 0.5s etc. Its a no brainer really if there was a few seconds between them but that close is where I question the move.

I wonder if Ricc would be happy if he was told to swap even though he was that close even if it was talk about pre race. I am not sure they would envisaged Yuki to be that close to an opponent
If you want to be WDC, you cant be giving away a position regardless of team order or not. Just look at Max, he will overtake even in the pit exit like we saw in AD.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:12
Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:

If you want to be WDC, you cant be giving away a position regardless of team order or not. Just look at Max, he will overtake even in the pit exit like we saw in AD.
Typical Max; but as you said there no clear No 1 driver with RB. but driver swaps are comment enough specially with alternate strategies. Like I said what is rare is asking a driver fighting that close to someone in front to yield.

CHT
CHT

This make the race in Jeddah even more exciting now

djos

Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:
djos wrote:

Both Lando and Daniel have been through this multiple times, both acted with maturity. Eg Baku and Imola

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... n-at-baku/

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci ... s/6398079/

Renault did the same with Riccardo and Ocon.

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... bm30m.html
"In downforce we trust"