2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Watto
Watto

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:23
Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:09
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:57

Croft did touch on the timing of the call to swap, which was odd and I agree. But to you Croft is not credible.

If you have been following F1 long you should also know that giving up position in F1 is not normal, and it usually happen if there is a clear no.1 driver like MS, or LH or there is a championship point or prize at stake.

Ric is not in that league yet, and most F1 drivers will not obey such a call instantly. You can look back into the history of F1. Top of my mind was Vettel vs Webber, another RB Australia driver. Alonso even blocks his teammate LH during pit stop. :)

What I mean to say, is what Yuki did is very common in F1, unless there is clear no.1 driver in the team.
I think its fairly common in F1. What I probably do question here is rarely is it done when the driver is within 0.5s etc. Its a no brainer really if there was a few seconds between them but that close is where I question the move.

I wonder if Ricc would be happy if he was told to swap even though he was that close even if it was talk about pre race. I am not sure they would envisaged Yuki to be that close to an opponent
Both Lando and Daniel have been through this multiple times, both acted with maturity. Eg Baku and Imola

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... n-at-baku/

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci ... s/6398079/

Renault did the same with Riccardo and Ocon.

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... bm30m.html
it works most times agree,

interested to know what the gap was to the driver in front though, the imola image (don't know if it was a stock image or of the swap?) looks like there might have been a gap? The next driver in front a few seconds in the leads which I think is pretty normal to make a call.

Don't need to convince me that its 'normal' enough in races to swap drivers most of the time though they aren't that close - despite what the driver in the lead may claim.

Yuki on the cool down lap though is beyond any excuses.

djos

Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:35
djos wrote:
Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:09

I think its fairly common in F1. What I probably do question here is rarely is it done when the driver is within 0.5s etc. Its a no brainer really if there was a few seconds between them but that close is where I question the move.

I wonder if Ricc would be happy if he was told to swap even though he was that close even if it was talk about pre race. I am not sure they would envisaged Yuki to be that close to an opponent
Both Lando and Daniel have been through this multiple times, both acted with maturity. Eg Baku and Imola

interested to know what the gap was to the driver in front though, the imola image (don't know if it was a stock image or of the swap?) looks like there might have been a gap? The next driver in front a few seconds in the leads which I think is pretty normal to make a call.

Don't need to convince me that its 'normal' enough in races to swap drivers most of the time though they aren't that close - despite what the driver in the lead may claim.

The gap doesnt matter, Yuki had 4 laps to get past KMag and couldnt, before he was ordered to swap.

100%, the cool down stuff was dangerous and reckless.
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:49
Watto wrote:
djos wrote:

The gap doesnt matter, Yuki had 4 laps to get past KMag and couldnt, before he was ordered to swap.

I think the gap can matter depending on circumstances 4 laps isn’t a huge about of time unless there is a significant speed difference between cars. I wonder how happy Dan would be in reverse that in DRS range and was told to yield. That’s for me very different to a car being well up the road and you’re not really closing the gap

Yes maybe Yuki should have just done as he was told but it’s more most situations where teams order driver swaps

runningmanz
runningmanz

Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 08:35
djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 06:49
Watto wrote:

I think the gap can matter depending on circumstances 4 laps isn’t a huge about of time unless there is a significant speed difference between cars. I wonder how happy Dan would be in reverse that in DRS range and was told to yield. That’s for me very different to a car being well up the road and you’re not really closing the gap

Yes maybe Yuki should have just done as he was told but it’s more most situations where teams order driver swaps
Dan had a significant overtake delta when the softs were on especially when the car in front of him had no DRS from the car ahead. Unfortunately Dan never got to exploit this advantage due to Yukis delaying combined with the blue flags.
Last edited by runningmanz on 06 Mar 2024, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

FW17

NOT DANGEROUS!!!
Let us scream about multi 21

DANGEROUS!!!
Let us forget about swapping places

djos

FW17 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:07
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jU_G4fEpaCQ/sddefault.jpg

NOT DANGEROUS!!!
Let us scream about multi 21

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lWVn_pSTXFU/maxresdefault.jpg

DANGEROUS!!!
Let us forget about swapping places
I’d love to discuss your point, only problem is you aren’t making any sense at all.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

OE24: Yuki Tsunoda's refusal to let his Racing Bulls teammate overtake him provided entertainment. As Red Bull Motorsport Director, don't you have to go in there?
MARKO: The theater could have been avoided. I spoke to Yuki afterwards; with the right strategy he could have finished tenth.
The same did CEO Peter Bayer said after the race. That Yuki's strategy was wrong and he would talk to Yuki about that.

It is the same song every race in the last years. Tost said before he left that the strategist did a very bad job year after year.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 12:00
OE24: Yuki Tsunoda's refusal to let his Racing Bulls teammate overtake him provided entertainment. As Red Bull Motorsport Director, don't you have to go in there?
MARKO: The theater could have been avoided. I spoke to Yuki afterwards; with the right strategy he could have finished tenth.
The same did CEO Peter Bayer said after the race. That Yuki's strategy was wrong and he would talk to Yuki about that.

It is the same song every race in the last years. Tost said before he left that the strategist did a very bad job year after year.
There's no doubt the pit stop strategy was a mess - letting both drivers get undercut like that, was just really poor form.
"In downforce we trust"

f1appypaddles
f1appypaddles

I thought for this year they gained a member from the superior team (ORBR). That person was a strategist.

HPD

"I am not thinking about that. I said to Tsunoda, 'I want you to do it without being tied to Honda'. The fact that we are working with Aston Martin from 2026 does not mean that Honda-trained drivers have to go to Aston Martin with Honda. What is important is that the Honda-trained drivers are among the world's best, regardless of which team they are with,"

Espresso
Espresso

CHT
CHT

HPD wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 13:02

"I am not thinking about that. I said to Tsunoda, 'I want you to do it without being tied to Honda'. The fact that we are working with Aston Martin from 2026 does not mean that Honda-trained drivers have to go to Aston Martin with Honda. What is important is that the Honda-trained drivers are among the world's best, regardless of which team they are with,"
I think having a Japanese in the grid is important to Honda and Japanese fans.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Espresso wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 13:44
Thanks. Only watched half so far but really liking Mekies. Very focused and forward thinking. Nice positivity from him too. That was some very complimentary comments about Dan as well and what he brings to the team..

mzso
mzso

djos wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 12:38
mzso wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 12:35
djos wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 00:37
Daniel has been asked to swap positions many times and complied without argument.

Yuki needs to lessen to do the same. F1 is a team sport, despite the way some drivers carry on. Yuki had a ton of laps to get by KMag, and he couldn’t.
It most definitely isn't. The result is counted for drivers not teams.
You've clearly not heard of the WCC then? You know, the championship that actually pays the teams money for results! #-o
Curiously the race winner written on the screen is a driver, and not a team.

djos

mzso wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 22:20
djos wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 12:38
mzso wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 12:35

It most definitely isn't. The result is counted for drivers not teams.
You've clearly not heard of the WCC then? You know, the championship that actually pays the teams money for results! #-o
Curiously the race winner written on the screen is a driver, and not a team.
You know they show the team points right after the driver points right? The WDC points are determined from both drivers results combined.

Ask Mercedes and Ferrari how much they wanted to beat each other in the WCC last year and why.

WDC’c are great, but the WCC is far more important to the teams. It determines how much money the team gets for the next year from FOM, etc etc.

The more you get from FOM, the less sponsorship money you need to find.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-p ... /10553551/
"In downforce we trust"