Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrstphrln

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

myurr wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 13:09
Watto wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:32
Anyway read his article again I wonder if he’s throwing a few hints out? Is Horner getting a little frisky with the PA. Gives a yes, but also makes a reference to tools to help generate fake conversations does he know something or is he just hypothesizing most of his article he seems to be hinting towards details he sees as fact. He didn’t really question at all if there was something between them nor that it’s probably not a great idea. Is he giving a hint that some of the messages are falsely generated?
I read the article and there's a couple of things that jump out. I've read some of Joe's stuff before, and whilst he usually has a pretty dry writing style it's clear he does have good connections in the paddock. I haven't read enough of his stuff to know where his allegiances lie / which parts of the paddock he's reliant upon for future access and stories.

Yes messages are easily generated, but there is no evidence that they have been here and plenty of evidence that the timeline and details match.

It's interesting that he dates it as March 2023 to January 2024. That is certainly an extended period of time.

He alludes to the victim saving the messages from the start, but his reasoning is false in my view. He says "Quite a few of these screenshots included the notations “CH online” or “CH typing”. This meant that the pictures were taken during a live conversation and not later when someone was going through the conversations looking for things to include in this dossier." It doesn't mean that at all.

It means that Horner was sending her messages whilst she was taking the screenshots. For instance he could have sent one of the messages that was clearly bothering the victim and she decided that enough was enough so started scrolling back through the messages to take the screenshots. That Horner was still typing has no bearing on her scroll position, and just means he was messaging her at the time she saved them.

There's also the evidence that several of the screenshots are in reverse order, where earlier files are taken further into the conversation, then she scrolls back further and takes another screenshot. That is more indicative of someone going back through the messages than saving them as they are sent.

He also seems to ignore that whilst some of the early flirting may be okay and consensual, whilst having feelings for each other can be complex and you can't help who you fall for, she very clearly asked him to stop and he did not comply. That is the point where flirting crosses into sexual harassment, and it becomes a sure fire breach of employment law where it is a manager harassing a subordinate.

Having re-read the messages I think it's relatively clear that the victim and Horner had / have strong feelings for each other, but that the victim was unable to reconcile having a relationship with Horner with him remaining in his marriage to Geri and ostensibly being happy. She outright tells him that if he's unhappy with Geri then he should tell her. Horner never does, he wants to have his cake and eat it, so the victim withdrew her consent and asked him to stop. She didn't stop caring about him but she wanted a complete relationship with him (or to find someone else) rather than an affair. Horner wanted a bit on the side whilst he was travelling the world, and he continued to try and coerce the victim into giving him what he wanted. The point that really crossed the line in a major way, for me, was his reference to giving her a way out and her replying that she didn't want to leave her job.

Joe seems to be discounting the harassment side of the story either because he thinks the victim was always out to trap him in some way (hence questioning saving the messages), or because he thinks having feelings for each other grants automatic consent. I hope that I'm misreading his intention and that's not how he actually feels.

He goes on to allude to the leaks coming from someone high up in the Austrian side of Red Bull GmbH, which I take to mean Mintzlaff.

I don't know if Joe has connections to Horner or has access to more concrete information than we do, but it does read like he's been fed at least some information by Horner or those sympathetic to him. In the comments Joe also says that he takes the KC's investigation at face value and that Horner was cleared, for me that means you need to take the rest of his conclusions with a pinch of salt.
@myurr I completely share your views.

CHT
CHT

mendis wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 14:39
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 14:22
mendis wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 14:07
In my opinion, it's a very sensible piece. Like he said in the piece, the lynch mob might not like that take.

I didn't know it was British King’s Counsel (A KC (or QC if the monarch is female) is one of a small group of the most eminent British lawyers, recognised for their excellence. Being given KC status is an honour. It is not a rank. These people are smart, fair, honest and intellectually brilliant. ) that handled the investigation.

There is so much rotten in this whole saga of leaks on internal investigation, then leaking the chats purported to be genuine and then barking job assigned to Jos to publicly humiliate Horner who cleared that investigation.

I also concur with this statement.

It has become abundantly clear that the core issue here is the attempt of separating Red Bull Racing out of Red Bull GmbH. Someone in GmbH doesn't like it and on a witch hunt to terminate Horner who is leading those efforts. First it was internal investigation, then the chat leak and then Jos barking out openly about things he has no business in.
lynch mob - a group of angry people who attack or try to destroy something or someone
Definitions are always fluidic isn't it. If Joe thinks that's what some people are doing in this situation (pushing out Horner by hook or crook), then it's his opinion. :)
With the Redbull 51% owner standing shoulder to shoulder with CH and RB signing a new mega sponsorship deal, I think the worst may be over for CH

As for who leak the WA images? I think that is what media will be after next.

galus
galus

Female colleague at centre of Christian Horner sexting scandal is 'still in contact' with him and wanted to fly out to support team at Bahrain Grand Prix - as Red Bull F1 chief threatens to sue website over claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -team.html

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 15:41
mendis wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 14:39
CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 14:22

lynch mob - a group of angry people who attack or try to destroy something or someone
Definitions are always fluidic isn't it. If Joe thinks that's what some people are doing in this situation (pushing out Horner by hook or crook), then it's his opinion. :)
With the Redbull 51% owner standing shoulder to shoulder with CH and RB signing a new mega sponsorship deal, I think the worst may be over for CH

As for who leak the WA images? I think that is what media will be after next.
I don’t think it’s that close to over for him yet. Sponsorship deals are often very long in the making teams/companies are often strategic when they make those announcement break incase of a rainy day kinda stuff seen it all too often including big sponsorships etc when things weren’t always as they seem.

CHT
CHT

Redbull thai owner is worth usd33 billions.. for him to show support for CH is a strong statement.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 16:25
Redbull thai owner is worth usd33 billions.. for him to show support for CH is a strong statement.
Sure but he can change his mind; if there becomes too much damage to the RB brand. Is sponsors start walking, he still has to run the business with Mark. If he sees the sale/tranfer of the team as unattractive due to what’s going on , if the woman decides to take it to court/arbitration. Many things could easily have him either change his mind or take it out of his control. If key staff threaten to walk key design /technical staff.

Seens the same old basic story happen too often to call it closed yet.

It’s a huge help for CH but while the conflict remains simmering

venkyhere
venkyhere

Read the Savard article.

1) The act (forceful / mutual / mutual-then-forceful / never) that happened over many months
2) 79 screenshots that have become 'evidence' - complete/incomplete/AI-manufactured
3) Dutch reporter being the catalyst that 'stirrs into reaction' an otherwise inert-for-public/closed organization
4) The cut-throat tactical nous to use this stirred up action - the 'internal investigation' as the fulcrum for leverage in the unavoidable power-struggle that comes to the fore after the death of the founder/bigboss.
5) acceptance that some lawyer (who is human afterall) since he/she is bestowed with "KC", is equal to Jesus (w.r.t the predatory world of 'lawyers' , this has to be the sickest joke played on public conscience).
6) The KC report content which is completely unknown
7) The use of 'complaint dismissed' language in company statement , rather than a simple guilty/not-guilty.
8 ) The desperate act to anonymous send the 'evidence' all over the world, unscrupulously with the sole purpose of 'smoke CH out of the org' , rather than 'let CH the predator be punished and the dignity of a woman be restored'. There is huge difference between these two purposes.
9) The even more desperate act-by/use-of , Jos-the-boss as the barking rottweiler, aimed to provoke
10) The 'solidarity puppet show' staged by CH with Thai and spice girl actors
11) Over enthusiastic 'transparency important for the sport's sanctity' waving of arms in the air by fellow piranhas M/s Wolff and Brown , that is not just insincere, but also insulting to the intelligence of F1 fans. That's because, all Piranhas in F1 survive and flourish through 'secret politics' , 'smiling and backstabbing' etc.

I didn't find anything in Savard's article that has any more information than the above 11 points, which are already well known within F1 community by now. He has tried his best to 'appear neutral' but not once has he sympathized with the woman at the center of it all. That's because the very fact that she took screenshots where "CH typing..." or "CH online" is visible, is clouding Savard's mind from the possibility (only equal in probability amongst the four possibilities mentioned in 1 above) that ---

she might have had to play along as if the relationship is mutual, out of fear, and then panicked once the line was crossed and decided to scroll up the chat that were months old and decided to take screenshots.
Once gain, remember that this is only as likely to be the occurrence as the other three possibilities in 1.

In short, we have learnt nothing new about any of this.
Let whoever be the decision makers decide.
Let whatever be the fallout be the fallout.
Let whoever wants to keep stirring up BS tabloid gossip, continue so.

Can we all F1 fans, please concentrate on the racing ?

vorticism

venkyhere wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 16:59
...the woman at the center of it all.
Has the gender/sex/race/species/planform or generalized existence of this factor/actor been revealed/proven?
𓄀

SiLo

vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:23
venkyhere wrote:
Has the gender/sex/race/species/planform or generalized existence of this factor/actor been revealed/proven?
Her name was in one of the screenshots, although obscured. You could see enough to work it out with a quick google and double check her job info.
Felipe Baby!

dialtone
dialtone

Saward is a fanboy with some writing skills. Always been that way, his articles always have little jabs about rivals of british teams, plenty of double standards in his judgements.

Certainly can be a pleasant read for some but it’s just a fanboy with some access to sources in the paddock.

vorticism

SiLo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:30
vorticism wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
Her name was in one of the screenshots, although obscured. You could see enough to work it out with a quick google and double check her job info.
This blurred name from a screenshot: is it known if this same name was involved in a supposed recent corporate internal investigation? Whose properties/specifics/goals are still unknown.
𓄀

SiLo

vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:41
SiLo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:30
vorticism wrote:

This blurred name from a screenshot: is it known if this same name was involved in a supposed recent corporate internal investigation? Whose properties/specifics/goals are still unknown.
Nobody is going to confirm the name, but seeing as literally no other person has been suggested as the complainant, I'd think it's safe to assume it's her.
Felipe Baby!

dans79

CHT wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 16:25
I Personally would not hang my hat on the thai family's support.
https://apnews.com/article/red-bull-bos ... 5fd1cd38f4
201 105 104 9 9 7

vorticism

SiLo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:42
Nobody is going to confirm the name...
You previous post suggested the name was confirmed.
𓄀

chrstphrln

vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:52
SiLo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:42
Nobody is going to confirm the name...
You previous post suggested the name was confirmed.
When all the evidence has been pointing in this direction for weeks and continues to intensify, and there is no denial, what do you expect?
That she will appear on camera? :wtf: