2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

=D>
jofs89 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 00:24
xReVo wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 21:18
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 17:57

If Aston wouldn't be fast at 1lap I would worry also, because last year after Canada this happened. But this year actually Aston was fast on 1lap and in all sector! Anyway if you check the Q3 times from 23vs24 ,then they made a huge step at winter,just of course others made also. I think in the car have potential to fight against Ferrari,Mercedes and McLaren. I would wait at least more 2 race.
For your information, the gap in the flying lap between Aston, Ferrari and Redbull was almost 4 tenths (taking Leclerc's time in Q2 as a reference), which is a lot. And this happened in Bahrain which is not a motor track, in other tracks such as Baku, Monza but also Arabia itself, potentially in the flying lap he will take 1 second of gap. (without thinking about the race pace which will be even worse). Do you understand my concerns now? This is why I keep saying that the first race was fundamental, but it's gone now. And don't expect McLaren-style improvements, because I remember they had them after the proprietary wind tunnel.
I think this is a bit catastrophising after one race after one race. Alonso was 3.5 tenths off pole, that is not even taking into account possible track evolution of up to 1 tenth (as we're in hypothetical land) then apparently he made a mistake on the last corner which which cost him 1.5 tenths... So damn, the Aston was only 1 tenth slower than the Red Bull!!

Thought I would restore some balance in hypothetical land.
=D>

SSJ4
SSJ4

looking at the race article, the percentage improvement is pretty big from last 6 races of last season compared to first race in terms of single lap pace.
race pace was underwhelming which we know. will be interesting to see how it goes at saudi considering its a minimal deg track. i'll link the article if people wanted to see anyways

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/f1-2 ... -analysis/

xReVo
xReVo

SSJ4 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 02:20
looking at the race article, the percentage improvement is pretty big from last 6 races of last season compared to first race in terms of single lap pace.
race pace was underwhelming which we know. will be interesting to see how it goes at saudi considering its a minimal deg track. i'll link the article if people wanted to see anyways

let's prepare ourselves (if all goes well) for a points zone, at least don't fool yourselves and don't suffer

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 02:34
SSJ4 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 02:20

let's prepare ourselves (if all goes well) for a points zone, at least don't fool yourselves and don't suffer
They race pace was bad because they went long to wait for SC. Alonso just was front of Stroll who had an accident and did lose a lot of time, this really tell us how much time Alonso was lost to stay out for so long on soft and hard.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Krack admitted that ALO would have finished behind PIA nonetheless in a range of 5-10 secs with the "perfect" strategy. 75 secs behind the winner or just 60 secs , I guess all of us would consider 60 sec still (very) bad.

diffuser

Track and tire comparison between Bahrain and Jeddah. Jeddah doesn't appear to be rear limited. The longitudinal energy on the rear tires almost moving into the green. So IF AMR don't struggle with tire wear, we will not know if it is from changes they've made or the track layout.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Bob Bell new Aston Martin executive director - technical (so perhaps something similar to what Andrew Green was before?)

Interestingly he was Alonso's technical director during 2005 & 2006! Dream team

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alpi ... n/10583728
Last edited by KimiRai on 06 Mar 2024, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Matt Harman could go to Aston too, its a possibility like some of you guys said. In his case it would not be immediate as he most likely has to wait gardening

-wkst-
-wkst-

For me his position looks to be a bit like a connection link between the departments. AMR is still growing, I guess it's natural to buy in experience from a guy who knows how to win.

I remember a statement from Michael Schmidt who said that the guys in the factory were not always the same opinion as the guys at track (about how to set up the car).

KimiRai
KimiRai

K1Plus
K1Plus

Bob Bell as "Executive Director - Technical" this is basically Chief Technical Officer, albet with a different name. We know Andrew Green has went on to other things in Aston Martin,
namely the Aston Martin Performance Technologies, which is equal to McLaren Applied etc.

-wkst-
-wkst-

The flap is new, but I think the mainplane could be the one from test day 1.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso hopes set-up wise adaptation to the track is better than Bahrain but that they should be the fifth fastest team still, not expecting any miracles.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alons ... /10583848/

SSJ4
SSJ4

5th fastest is expected. just wondering how close apart from red bull it will be. can see mclaren being 2nd fastest at jeddah

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

KimiRai wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 20:07
Alonso hopes set-up wise adaptation to the track is better than Bahrain but that they should be the fifth fastest team still, not expecting any miracles.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alons ... /10583848/
In Bahrain just for me was look like all the big teams continously "pull" the floor on the asphalt?I mean like Ferrari floor continously was sparking at bottom.If I remember good they floor even did catch on fire. How I seen Aston car was much higher than Mclaren,Mercedes and Ferrari.