Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
myurr
myurr

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:19
As i have said it is your assumption. And as you are a fan of google. you can google "empty whats app" and you will find enough screenshots to fill out as you want. Actually my whatsapp background is dark for years.
The screenshots which you believe to be true are actually from a very low resolution phone so they go back to 2012 at least.
So at least prove then why these are genuine and we can discuss further, because so far you are posting things which you assume to be true.
Otherwise stop posting your own opinions
Again, because something can be faked doesn't mean it was. If you're caught speeding I doubt you'll use the excuse that license plates are easy to fake and it wasn't your car.

The screenshots are 1170x2532 pixels, which is the screen resolution on the iPhone 13 pro and iPhone 14 amongst others. Those are up to date and current phones.

So nice attempt but unfortunately for you a flawed one easily discounted, and we are still without an objective reason for why the screenshots are definitely fake.

dans79

maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:31
Ground Effect wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:23
For me, the basis of leaning towards them being real is the small matter of Horner not coming out to say they weren't, even when he was asked directly. You don't refuse to comment over something as straightforward as that. "I'm not going to comment on anonymous...." just doesn't fly.
Take a screenshot on a phone and look at the filename. I have done this on 2 phones and on both of them you get a date and time stamp. Not like the filenames in the leak.
Meta data can be removed by numerous applications, and some web systems automatically do it for security reasons.
201 105 104 9 9 7

hollus

Gentlemen, you are posting in circles.
It gets tedious.

Don’t repeat repeat again if there is nothing new.
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

maxxer wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
For me, the basis of leaning towards them being real is the small matter of Horner not coming out to say they weren't, even when he was asked directly. You don't refuse to comment over something as straightforward as that. "I'm not going to comment on anonymous...." just doesn't fly.
Take a screenshot on a phone and look at the filename. I have done this on 2 phones and on both of them you get a date and time stamp. Not like the filenames in the leak.
When I try this I get IMG_3078.PNG whereby the last 4 numbers change by 1 with each photo. Everything resolution matches however only difference I found with my screenshots is the bit depth was 24 and the one from the drive is 64.

Exif data reckons 8 (mine) and 16 (file) and also has different color depth on it.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

maxxer wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
Now go to where the file is saved and using the appropriate method for your operating system select rename...... See where I'm going with this?
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Luscion
Luscion

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:28
Ground Effect wrote:
For me, the basis of leaning towards them being real is the small matter of Horner not coming out to say they weren't, even when he was asked directly.
He was asked specifically about the jpegs of text messages?
Yes he was, Andrew Benson tweeted about it, I actually posted the tweet a earlier in the week.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

f1isgood
f1isgood

I am not sure but has anyone here considered the possibility that only what you are seeing is what someone wants you to see, and that there is more that is unknown yet? 30 more pages since I last visited holy moly, all with 0 real news update.

Horner had an internal investigation, and might have simply signed an NDA that does not allow him to comment on this matter as he represents Red Bull Racing during all of these interviews. It is not that hard for (at least) me to think that there's anything malicious about him not confirming the authenticity of the "leaked" information.

Fake or not, public perception and trial by media will take its toll and ultimately see him sacked/resigned or whatever regardless of whatever people ultimately make up in their head about this entire story.

It would be a miracle if he stays after this.

Sieper

Or a disaster.

vorticism

Last edited by vorticism on 07 Mar 2024, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
𓄀

maxxer
maxxer

myurr wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:36
maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 21:19
As i have said it is your assumption. And as you are a fan of google. you can google "empty whats app" and you will find enough screenshots to fill out as you want. Actually my whatsapp background is dark for years.
The screenshots which you believe to be true are actually from a very low resolution phone so they go back to 2012 at least.
So at least prove then why these are genuine and we can discuss further, because so far you are posting things which you assume to be true.
Otherwise stop posting your own opinions
Again, because something can be faked doesn't mean it was. If you're caught speeding I doubt you'll use the excuse that license plates are easy to fake and it wasn't your car.

The screenshots are 1170x2532 pixels, which is the screen resolution on the iPhone 13 pro and iPhone 14 amongst others. Those are up to date and current phones.

So nice attempt but unfortunately for you a flawed one easily discounted, and we are still without an objective reason for why the screenshots are definitely fake.
[/quote

Well if you look at those leaked screenshots and take in your resolution they do not confirm.
As the leaked screenshots dont comply with the aspect ratio. They come from a laptop screen

maxxer
maxxer

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:56
I really struggle with how these things are dealt with these days. Trial by media no-one should want. Facts should be the ONLY determinant of guilt. Unless the full picture is known then best not to comment further.
I hope it’s not a witch hunt
It is a witchhunt by some posters here and they dont even know what trouble they are getting themselves in

myurr
myurr

maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 23:04
Well if you look at those leaked screenshots and take in your resolution they do not confirm.
As the leaked screenshots dont comply with the aspect ratio. They come from a laptop screen
The leaked images comprise 73 PNG files taken from an iPhone with pixel dimensions and aspect ratio that perfectly match the screen resolution of several recent models. There is a JPG from a different phone model - that one has a resolution that doesn't match any iPhone, I'm not sure whether it's an Android phone (it's missing the status bar at the top of the screen from the iPhone screenshots) but is otherwise styled exactly the same as the iPhone so may be taken from a tablet, or simply cropped? Then there are 4 JPG photos, and an MP4 video.

None are from a laptop screen or have a laptop / desktop resolution or aspect ratio. All 73 PNGs are 1170x2532 pixels.

Perhaps you are looking at screenshots taken of the leak, or something else entirely?

codetower

Horner isn't going anywhere. As long as the woman doesn't file a lawsuit, or a formal complaint herself, this will become a "matter between Horner and the [woman]". With Marko gone, Max will finish out the year, win another title., then him and Jos will leave. RBR, or whatever they become when this is all done, will bring in two new drivers. Likely Sainz, maybe one of the McLaren duo, maybe a rookie, and this will all blow over.

I'm sure RB have already gotten both sides of the story from Horner and the woman, and have access to much more information than the few pages of messages that the media has seen. They've made their decision and likely wont change it.

chrisc90

myurr wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 23:23
maxxer wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 23:04
The leaked images comprise 73 PNG files taken from an iPhone with pixel dimensions and aspect ratio that perfectly match the screen resolution of several recent models. There is a JPG from a different phone model - that one has a resolution that doesn't match any iPhone, I'm not sure whether it's an Android phone (it's missing the status bar at the top of the screen from the iPhone screenshots) but is otherwise styled exactly the same as the iPhone so may be taken from a tablet, or simply cropped? Then there are 4 JPG photos, and an MP4 video.

None are from a laptop screen or have a laptop / desktop resolution or aspect ratio. All 73 PNGs are 1170x2532 pixels.

Perhaps you are looking at screenshots taken of the leak, or something else entirely?
Biggest one would be to see how the iphone saves your ColorSpace in the exif data.