Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 12:43
Ford must be satisfied enough that things are good at RBR

That's yet another gossip that's been debunked!
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Wouter wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 08:50
Max yesterday to the press:
Max on his Red Bull future

Are you sure you will stay at Red Bull until 2028?

Well that was always the intention of signing, that’s why we signed for so long to be here. And of course it’s about the performance of the car. And of course from 2026 onwards that’s a bit of a question mark with new regulations. But I knew that when I signed the contract. But I also know what they have done for me in my career.

So yeah, the intention is of course absolutely to stay with this team because I really enjoy it, and I’m also really happy within the team.
And yeah, as long as we perform there is no reason also to leave.

Would you ever envisage being at Mercedes?

The thing is, I think nobody would have seen that Lewis would move to Ferrari. And that is not related to F1. You never know in general life what happens, or comes to you, or happens around you or what might influence you, so you can never say 100 per cent that that is how it is going to be, and that is the way I approach my life.

I am very relaxed and very happy at the team and the performance is there so there is no reason to leave.

Max on remaining with his father and manager

Will you stay with your Dad and Raymond?

I don’t see myself in F1 without them by my side. Everyone in general, even if you have arguments or not, there are things that can be worked out. Everyone is man enough and respectful enough anyway.
I have not always agreed with everything that has happened – and I am not talking about lately – just in general in F1 and that is where sometimes it is good to have a discussions. You might agree to disagree, that is what happens in a relationship.

Do you share your father’s comments?

Well of course, I’m the driver so I don’t know what is happening higher up, right? But from my side. I’m contracted to focus on the performance side of things. And that is my plan this weekend. And what has been said in Bahrain from everyone basically is to leave that behind and hopefully have a bit more of a quieter weekend.

Your father said Red Bull might explode. Do you agree?

I don’t know. I mean, I hope not. It shouldn’t. It’s a strong company, a strong team, a lot of strong team members. So normally not.

Have you spoken to him about his comments?

I was with him until yesterday, so this morning basically. I mean, we speak all the time. We’re a team. It’s me, my dad and Raymond [Vermeulen, Verstappen’s manager] all together. And that will always be like that also. But I guess he clearly felt like that. But I think from my side, it doesn’t matter like being on one side or the other side.

Of course, as the son of my dad, it would be weird to be on a different side. But from my side I just want to focus on the performance side of things and have less talk about what is happening outside of the track than the actual performance. We have a great car and we’re looking forward to a great year.

Can you stay at Red Bull if Horner remains?

Well we are at the moment. I saw a lot of stories about that, which was a bit weird to read. But from my side, what I want, and it doesn’t matter who is involved in the team or not, it’s to have a quiet environment where everyone is happy to work.
Wow. Max is quite an intelligent guy. I give him a kittle more ratings now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 12:43
Ford must be satisfied enough that things are good at RBR

Trust me Ford doesn't know what's going on on the inside. Even Helmut seemed left out in the dark a bit by those in the know. And it's not surprising.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

myurr
myurr

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 13:44
Trust me Ford doesn't know what's going on on the inside. Even Helmut seemed left out in the dark a bit by those in the know. And it's not surprising.
More importantly people are acting like this Ford deal was signed in the last week and the cars quickly repainted. That deal has been in place since well before this blew up.

And the rumour from Ford was they were looking at how to get out of existing deals. This is an existing deal they need to look at how to get out of should they choose to do so.

langedweil

mendis wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 06:43
He would be a potential candidate to replace Max. Who knows what clauses are there in his contract. He is looking for his 8th title and he wouldn't simply sit and let the opportunity pass by.
I'd say for him Max not in that RB would be opportunity enough ..
HuggaWugga !

SiLo

vorticism wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:52
SiLo wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 17:42
Nobody is going to confirm the name...
You previous post suggested the name was confirmed.
I never said it was confirmed, don't put words in my mouth. I just said you could work it out from the screenshots.
Felipe Baby!

Watto
Watto

That Ford made the announcement is probably the interesting aspect. No doubt it’s been sitting in the pipeline a fair while. And could easily still walk but I tend to find it unlikely they’d have high level board talks and not at the very last delay the announcement til they either know more or the publicity dies down a little.

The report on the board talks iirc came across as the meeting was that night or very soon makes me think the report was very heavily exaggerated

Watto
Watto

Okay this is a bit of a turn and could get very ugly if accurate The Sun is reporting the accuser has been suspended in full pay
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26432482 ... -red-bull/

mendis
mendis

Associated Press has damaged it's reputation by publishing a false information, linking Ford CEO's rumored letter to Red Bull GmbH. Since then a lot of baseless rumors followed about Ford's exit. It appears, it was all stupidly false and Ford is continuing it's partnership with Red Bull.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1-academy/n ... /10584068/
Ford has made a major statement about its support for Red Bull by confirming its title sponsorship of the Formula 1 team’s F1 Academy programme.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/263027/r ... rtner.html
GPblog can say with clarity, however, that all these rumours are false. Ford has no intention whatsoever of breaking the deal with Red Bull. Preparations for the '26 season are of course in full swing, and Ford and Red Bull will continue to work on a power unit for the season in which F1 regulations will be completely overhauled.

izzy
izzy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 13:41
Wow. Max is quite an intelligent guy. I give him a kittle more ratings now.
Yes I was thinking this, it's clever, treading the tightrope!

But the rumour I'm having fun with at the moment is that Jos was involved with the same woman! So F1 :D

Then a lot of dots join up don't they. The screenshots become possible, the guys falling out becomes likely, Christian being 'controlling' telling her to drop Jos, we can imagine, but being found not guilty and no legal action so far, and Max saying indirectly he doesn't approve of everything that's gone on. And of course this is a sexy drama, that journos everywhere will stay on for as long as they possibly can.

Watto
Watto

The Daily Mail running with it too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bull.html
Christian Horner's sexting accuser has been dramatically suspended by Red Bull, it emerged today - as the F1 boss broke cover in Saudi Arabia without his wife Geri Halliwell ahead of this weekend's Grand [\quote]

astracrazy
astracrazy

Well one thing for sure is with the amount of eyes on this, plus apparently she has very good lawyers, there must be a very good reason. Also strange timing, was yesterday not the last day she could appeal?
Last edited by astracrazy on 07 Mar 2024, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 14:34
The Daily Mail running with it too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bull.html
Christian Horner's sexting accuser has been dramatically suspended by Red Bull, it emerged today - as the F1 boss broke cover in Saudi Arabia without his wife Geri Halliwell ahead of this weekend's Grand [\quote]
That's consistent with saying they haven't sacked her, as she's still technically employed whilst suspended.

myurr
myurr

The telegraph is reporting it now as well: https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/stat ... SykhTElDJQ

Fair to say it's most likely true with so many outlets covering it. They better have a really good reason to be celebrating International Women's Day like this.

astracrazy
astracrazy

myurr wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 14:48
The telegraph is reporting it now as well: https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/stat ... SykhTElDJQ

Fair to say it's most likely true with so many outlets covering it. They better have a really good reason to be celebrating International Women's Day like this.
FFS how pathetic, what do you mean by this exactly....