2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
issey
issey

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

-wkst- wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 14:40
Reading the description of the udate (different geometry to improve XY) it's obviously a performance update. Not that it will change the world in terms of performance, just a notice about the "according to my informations" random twitter guys.
You shouldn’t read to much into the descriptions in this documents, front and rear corners updates are mostly just circuit specific updates for different cooling. As the guy said it’s not a performance upgrade it’s just a cooling layout but as it is new and wasn’t used in Bahrain it needs to be described as performance upgrades even if its not a performance part. Also teams aren’t very accurate with the descriptions in this documents

-wkst-
-wkst-

No, they don't have to list this part as a perfomance update, they could also list it as circiut specific.

Fact is that this twitter guy once again gave false informations (when he tries to play journalist, "according to my sources", listening to someone he surely not knows personally - which is a difference to a real journalist and that's the thing a hate so much about such twitter guys when they try to play journalist, just repost real sources...).

And it's once again hilarious that one special user defends it, but naturally has nothing to do with that account... :wink:

NAPI10
NAPI10

Car has that inherent speed. If they can sort out long-run issues; AM will be much more competitive.

issey
issey

-wkst- wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 16:18
No, they don't have to list this part as a perfomance update, they could also list it as circiut specific.

Fact is that this twitter guy once again gave false informations (when he tries to play journalist, "according to my sources", listening to someone he surely not knows personally - which is a difference to a real journalist and that's the thing a hate so much about such twitter guys when they try to play journalist, just repost real sources...).

And it's once again hilarious that one special user defends it, but naturally has nothing to do with that account... :wink:
I’m not defending anybody it just annoys me that you say this account posts false information (again) while he/she is literally one from the only ones who doesn’t. I follow this account quite a while and almost everything he said was true, while there are others out there who literally pust false information for clicks and attention and money.

Some examples:

diffuser

Waz wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 15:30
Alonso did a lot of extra laps compared to those in front of him, something the SF-23 wouldn't have been able to do.

Going to maintain that they aren't maximizing their race by almost always trying to go longer.

But they seem stuck in their ways, instead of just once trying an aggressive option.

Remember Alonso winning at Barcelona in 2013 with 4 stops? They decided to run an aggressive race plan that day.
Tire Degradation isn't gonna be an issue here.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

the car is really fast, lets hope they can bring this performance to the race pace too

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonsismo wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 16:55
the car is really fast, lets hope they can bring this performance to the race pace too
It should be noted that he did the lap later than others, when the track had improved.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Alonsismo wrote:
The car is fast,I mean the potential is there for sure,hope this time they push till the floor instead of waiting for SC.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 17:02
Alonsismo wrote:
The car is fast,I mean the potential is there for sure,hope this time they push till the floor instead of waiting for SC.
Even if they did, the degradation here isn't as bad so the times wouldn't fall off as fast.

edit

Bahrain is probably in the top 3 for tire deg. So they have time till they get to the next race with High deg to make adjustments. In the mean time maybe they can get an edge, at low deg tracks, from being able to get heat into their tires easier.
Last edited by diffuser on 07 Mar 2024, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

issey wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 16:41
-wkst- wrote:

I’m not defending anybody it just annoys me that you say this account posts false information (again) while he/she is literally one from the only ones who doesn’t. I follow this account quite a while and almost everything he said was true, while there are others out there who literally pust false information for clicks and attention and money.

Some examples:

I have to note that Twitter account you quote is the same account @wkst keeps mentioning as fake news that Thompson guy.
He also has other accounts like Aston Martin news and Aston Martin updates
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

issey
issey

GoranF1 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 17:27
issey wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 16:41
-wkst- wrote:

Some examples:

I have to note that Twitter account you quote is the same account @wkst keeps mentioning as fake news that Thompson guy.
He also has other accounts like Aston Martin news and Aston Martin updates
What exactly do you mean? Don’t really understand

NAPI10
NAPI10

diffuser wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 17:10
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Even if they did, the degradation here isn't as bad so the times wouldn't fall off as fast.

edit

Bahrain is probably in the top 3 for tire deg. So they have time till they get to the next race with High deg to make adjustments. In the mean time maybe they can get an edge, at low deg tracks, from being able to get heat into their tires easier.
Top speed still sucks...AM will be vernerable on straights.

Otromundo

I dislike this circuit because it looks like a computer game, it is very ugly from the driver's point of view.

But what asphalt, what track!! It's magnificent, like a soft carpet.

That's why I think that in addition to being the first practice sessions of the second race... with that track... which also has low tire wear, everyone seems better.

The car looks like it has new parts that seem to be necessary for this circuit: the front wing looks great and the new rear wing I hope will improve its performance with DRS. It would be very good for them, I think it is one of their tasks to improve.

...I have to watch the video again, the McLaren people have used a slightly strange rear wing...
Last edited by Otromundo on 07 Mar 2024, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Otromundo

ERROR
Last edited by Otromundo on 07 Mar 2024, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

diffuser

NAPI10 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 17:42
diffuser wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 17:10
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

edit

Top speed still sucks...AM will be vernerable on straights.
Looks good to me for FP1.
SPEED TRAP KM/H
1 3 D.  RICCIARDO  339.3
2 44 L. HAMILTON   335.2
3 11 S. PEREZ      335.0
4 63 G. RUSSELL    333.7
5 1 M.  VERSTAPPEN 333.3
6 14 F. ALONSO     333.2
7 20 K. MAGNUSSEN  332.7
8 2 L.  SARGEANT   332.5