Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TFSA

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Ben1980 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 20:56
That's irrelevant, this isn't a court case. This is a case of public opinion.
If this was a case of public opinion, then Horner would be gone already.

It's not, no matter how much some people (and even media/journalists) seems to think it is. Horner might be under pressure, but his case may be stronger than some people believe.

This case is likely to eventually get decided in a real court. And then i can tell you that public opinion isn't gonna matter for anything.

And my point still stands.
It really doesn't. If there's one thing that's absolutely 100% irrelevant, then it's whether or not not people believe he is capable of doing it or not.

Ben1980
Ben1980

TFSA wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 21:33
Ben1980 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 20:56
That's irrelevant, this isn't a court case. This is a case of public opinion.
If this was a case of public opinion, then Horner would be gone already.

It's not, no matter how much some people (and even media/journalists) seems to think it is. Horner might be under pressure, but his case may be stronger than some people believe.

This case is likely to eventually get decided in a real court. And then i can tell you that public opinion isn't gonna matter for anything.

And my point still stands.
It really doesn't. If there's one thing that's absolutely 100% irrelevant, then it's whether or not not people believe he is capable of doing it or not.
Public opinion, generally does mean nothing. My opinion is meaningless. But, its normal to make decisions based on what is read, and what is known.

gshevlin
gshevlin

The SOP in Formula 1 when there is a scandal or a dispute is to apply large enough sums of money to avoid an issue becoming public or escalating.
When F1 figures end up giving evidence in court, they often get excoriated by the court system (see Eddie Jordan vs. Vodafone).
Contracts get paid in full even after termination to avoid public fallout.

Espresso
Espresso

Ben1980 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 20:20
I do find it strange how so many people, who know, he is a relationship cheat and liar, still find it hard to think he has been cheating and lying in another relationship.
I do find it strange how so many people, who know, he is the top brass at RBR and controls and controlled everything for years is suddenly accused for excessive controlling behaviour?

Following assumption is 100% as reliable as your assumption.
That rich, blue eyed blond lady might as well have been falling in love with Christian trying to forcefully peel him away from his wife and upon failure tried to extort him and destroy him.

But who knows. Johnny Depp was also 100% guilty when Amber Heard accused him... :shock:

P.S. she had until today to file an objection to the investigation result....

Ben1980
Ben1980

Espresso wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 23:21
Ben1980 wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 20:20
I do find it strange how so many people, who know, he is a relationship cheat and liar, still find it hard to think he has been cheating and lying in another relationship.
I do find it strange how so many people, who know, he is the top brass at RBR and controls and controlled everything for years is suddenly accused for excessive controlling behaviour?

Following assumption is 100% as reliable as your assumption.
That rich, blue eyed blond lady might as well have been falling in love with Christian trying to forcefully peel him away from his wife and upon failure tried to extort him and destroy him.

But who knows. Johnny Depp was also 100% guilty when Amber Heard accused him... :shock:

Does she have form of trying to forcefully peel husbands away from wives or extort them?

If no, then it's a ridiculous comparison.

Jonny Depp seems an awful person though.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Espresso wrote:

Say who? This is likely to be an arbitrary condition set by RB. It has no place in actual UK employment law

f1jcw
    f1jcw

littlebigcat wrote:
    08 Mar 2024, 00:15
      Espresso wrote:

Say who? This is likely to be an arbitrary condition set by RB. It has no place in actual UK employment law
      Looked it up, they have 3 months

Watto
      Watto

f1jcw wrote:
      08 Mar 2024, 00:30
      littlebigcat wrote:
      08 Mar 2024, 00:15
        Espresso wrote:

Looked it up, they have 3 months
        Was probably in reference to an article some pages back said she was served with a legal letter when she turned up on Monday and she had 5 days to respond, sounds like with the claim she was dishonest they've given her 5 days to submit evidence against that that she was suspended still on full pay. Could leave RB some time to considered her reply, the 3 months likely refereed to when/if she is terminated?

CHT
        CHT

Since Redbull KC has already dismiss this complain against Horner, I am guessing attempt to file an appeal or go to court will likely be thrown out or result is costly legal fee for lawyers trying to make a name for themselves by taking on this case of huge public interest

KC are KC for reasons, they know the rule of laws better than anyone and that's why they command such high fee
        Perhaps through investigation they have discover that the women is linked to the leak, something which is against the company policies..

Guess this case will move from women against CH to woman against RB

f1jcw
        f1jcw

CHT wrote:
        08 Mar 2024, 01:04
        Since Redbull KC has already dismiss this complain against Horner, I am guessing attempt to file an appeal or go to court will likely be thrown out or result is costly legal fee for lawyers trying to make a name for themselves by taking on this case of huge public interest

KC are KC for reasons, they know the rule of laws better than anyone and that's why they command such high fee
        Perhaps through investigation they have discover that the women is linked to the leak, something which is against the company policies..

Incorrect, we don’t know that the KC dismissed it, we know RedBull dismissed it. There is a night and difference between that. Wish you’d try to get that very simple fact right.

Watto
        Watto

CHT wrote:

KC can be wrong too though and we don't know exactly what his findings are .

PapayaFan481
        PapayaFan481

CHT wrote:

KC is just a job, like any other professional, they are fallible.

Also as others have pointed out, we do not know WHAT the KC's report said. It may or may not have included a recommendation, depending on what the KC was asked to provide in their conclusion.

The decision to dismiss the complaint was made by Red Bull, not the KC.
        If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

galus
        galus

PapayaFan481 wrote:
        08 Mar 2024, 02:19
        CHT wrote:

A trial by media aka lynch mobe is much more trustworthy & less error-prone...

f1jcw
        f1jcw

galus wrote:
        08 Mar 2024, 02:36
        PapayaFan481 wrote:
        CHT wrote:

Maybe if Redbull wasn’t try brush away sexual abuse and cohesive behaviour under the carpet like with other misdeeds they’re wouldn’t have to be such media attention. The ploy even when cheating the defence is, I’m the victim, won’t someone think of the children/wife/dog

PapayaFan481
        PapayaFan481

galus wrote:
        08 Mar 2024, 02:36
        PapayaFan481 wrote:
        CHT wrote:

Did I say that? Nice logical fallacy, but the 2 things are separate issues. A KC can be fallible without it meaning a trial by media is the correct approach (it's not).
        If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.