Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
izzy
izzy

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

myurr wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:19
Horner's in the position that he cannot back down in this now that he's pulled the trigger. Looks like this is really happening, and Marko and Max will be making their way to Mercedes next year. The only question is if Newey will be joining them, staying at Red Bull, or calling time on his career.
Has Horner actually done anything, apart from get caught? The big question is why the complaint got made, isn't it? When it did, after apparently years.

But anyway yes Newey is key, as long as they have him they don't need Max, especially in this gang with Jos and Helmut.

myurr
myurr

izzy wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:02
Has Horner actually done anything, apart from get caught? The big question is why the complaint got made, isn't it? When it did, after apparently years.

But anyway yes Newey is key, as long as they have him they don't need Max, especially in this gang with Jos and Helmut.
The leaked text messages covered March 2023 through to January this year. The complaint was made because it looks like Horner was continuing to sexually harass the lady.

Horner is the CEO and team principal of the Red Bull F1 team. Suspending the complainant and launching the investigation into Marko will be his choice.

I can't see Newey wanting to stay in place if the engine isn't going to be on par with the best in 2026, he'll know how that program is going. But it may be irrelevant if Ferrari are successful in their reported recruitment campaign for several key people who work alongside Newey. It was the brain drain from Mercedes primarily to Red Bull and Aston Martin over the last couple of years that has really hampered them, and the current rumblings at Red Bull could give impetus to a similar brain drain away from them now. As great as Newey is he still needs a talented team of the top aerodynamicists around him to do the bulk of the work.
Last edited by myurr on 08 Mar 2024, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Sevach
Sevach

I've heard people say that winning solves all problems... apparently not.

Hard to believe that a team on top of their game is imploding like this.

Paa

myurr wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 21:57
Really does seem like Max will follow Marko out the door if Horner continues down this path.
Horner is not a boss of Marko, he can't fire or suspend him.
If Marko is suspended, then it's coming from above.

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 22:19
Horner's in the position that he cannot back down in this now that he's pulled the trigger. Looks like this is really happening, and Marko and Max will be making their way to Mercedes next year. The only question is if Newey will be joining them, staying at Red Bull, or calling time on his career.
All getting very ugly for RB fir sure will be telling if the woman does go down the civil suit route; why I’ve said the Thai owners support is pointless if she goes that route and his hand is forced.

Newey I feel like the key for him would be the freedom to do what he wants been time at his RB career where he really hasn’t been involved in the F1 team rather other projects.

Maxes comments too , why people are too quick to dismiss Max potentially leaving just case he has the fastest car if he becomes genuinely unhappy.

Neweyand the core of the e engineering team would probably be more important than Max , Marko etc perhaps outside if RBPT have a competitive engine - could also be reason for Max to have concerns. You’d be more confident in Merc nailing it than RBPT just cause if the experience.

Watto
Watto

Paa wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:29
myurr wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 21:57
Really does seem like Max will follow Marko out the door if Horner continues down this path.
Horner is not a boss of Marko, he can't fire or suspend him.
If Marko is suspended, then it's coming from above.
I guess the Thai owner could pull rank what any one from the Austrian side maybe pointless. But yes was under the impression Marko is outside Horners remit.

maxxer
maxxer

What if Ferrari is into businesses Newey wanted to do already
Road cars
Sailing

https://www.boatinternational.com/yacht ... ing-racing

Watto
Watto

maxxer wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:39
What if Ferrari is into businesses Newey wanted to do already
Road cars
Sailing

https://www.boatinternational.com/yacht ... ing-racing
Very possible to, though Ferrari also tend to be very traditional their road cards typically follow some form of Ferrari DNA etc where he’s be restricted feel Mercdes would offer more freedom to Newey.And could stay in the UK but Ferrari could obviously have its appeal too

HPD

I'll leave this here and leave slowly.

Helmut, Max, Yuki, Honda
vs
Horner, Ricciardo, Ford

izzy
izzy

myurr wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:10
izzy wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:02

The leaked text messages covered March 2023 through to January this year. The complaint was made because it looks like Horner was continuing to sexually harass the lady.

Horner is the CEO and team principal of the Red Bull F1 team. Suspending the complainant and launching the investigation into Marko will be his choice.

I can't see Newey wanting to stay in place if the engine isn't going to be on par with the best in 2026, he'll know how that program is going. But it may be irrelevant if Ferrari are successful in their reported recruitment campaign for several key people who work alongside Newey. It was the brain drain from Mercedes primarily to Red Bull and Aston Martin over the last couple of years that has really hampered them, and the current rumblings at Red Bull could give impetus to a similar brain drain away from them now. As great as Newey is he still needs a talented team of the top aerodynamicists around him to do the bulk of the work.
Well she seems to have had Jos and Helmut on her side, for some reason that's probably not moral outrage. Have you seen full on harassment messages? I've only seen a few but they were more like two people in a relationship, joking.

And leaking the messages wouldn't be her would it? All of them, like that. It was a lot of screenshotting! instead of just exporting the chats and only the harassing ones. There's something vindictive about how it was done, and I think I know who's vindictive in this saga :)

Adrian, I don't think he'll be predicting doom on the engine already will he? I'd have thought he be more enjoying telling them how tiny is has to be with how little heat being sent to his radiators! Tho his wife did like a post about him joining Ferrari apparently...

myurr
myurr

HPD wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:50
I'll leave this here and leave slowly.

Helmut, Max, Yuki, Honda
vs
Horner, Ricciardo, Ford
I wouldn't be so sure Ford are on Horner's side. They're amongst the sponsors asking for more clarity on the investigation, and if the victim is going legal on Red Bull over it then it indicates a relatively strong case unless she makes a happy of throwing money away.

Ford have also spoken out publicly, so if they remain a sponsor then that is tacit approval of everything going on at Red Bull.

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 23:55

Well she seems to have had Jos and Helmut on her side, for some reason that's probably not moral outrage. Have you seen full on harassment messages? I've only seen a few but they were more like two people in a relationship, joking.
So, a woman, keep telling you, no, no, no, stop it, Is just joking?
Right..... :wtf:

myurr
myurr

izzy wrote:
Yes, I have a copy of the messages, and can categorically say they are far worse than two people joking. In my view there is a clear case of sexual harassment and a breach of the law. The question is whether or not the messages are genuine, and I still haven't seen a single objective reason that proves the messages are fake. The only suggestion I've seen is that the messages could be faked, not that they have been faked.
izzy wrote:
And leaking the messages wouldn't be her would it? All of them, like that. It was a lot of screenshotting! instead of just exporting the chats and only the harassing ones. There's something vindictive about how it was done, and I think I know who's vindictive in this saga :)
If she submitted those images to HR as part of the harassment claim then she would have needed to create the screenshots and send them to HR via whatever tool / portal / software they use. HR will then have them all on file somewhere, and from there I'd imagine there are a number of routes for them to be leaked. From a sympathetic colleague working in HR who doesn't like a cover up, through to Mintzlaff.
izzy wrote:
Adrian, I don't think he'll be predicting doom on the engine already will he? I'd have thought he be more enjoying telling them how tiny is has to be with how little heat being sent to his radiators! Tho his wife did like a post about him joining Ferrari apparently...
Engines have a very long development cycle. There's still a lot of time to go but they'll know by now if they're making progress and are on the right path, or if they're off course and struggling. It took Mercedes 4 years to develop their 2014 engine. Given the massive change in power delivery characteristics I expect the reworking on the engines to be extensive.

Aren't Red Bull doing a clean sheet design too? https://www.pmw-magazine.com/news/engin ... rator.html

dialtone
dialtone

I never wanna hear a word about how Ferrari is a political environment as if other teams aren't the same. The nonsense happening in f1 this year, Ferrari would never dare.

Marko seemed to be the leaker then?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mark ... /10584969/
Motorsport.com has learned that Marko is subject to an investigation by Red Bull relating to various media leaks that have taken place since it emerged that Horner was being looked at by Red Bull's energy drinks company.
Well if Marko is the leaker it would put the authenticity of the information to rest. The leaks would be real, and that would be a closed shut case of sexual harassment. And now Max potentially leaving and maybe all of this over poor engine performance for 2026?

This is a well written soap opera. RedBull decided to dominate the field in every facet of the sport, not just at the sport.

HPD

A serious question...
Who contributed the most to Red Bull during all these years?
I honestly believe that Marko (I could be wrong)