2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Alonso consistently kept losing a bit on straights and a bit in corners to Max. S3 time was car limited, nothing about Alonso himself. Stroll took a bit bigger wing in FP3 and payed the penalty on straights and was still slower than Alonso in literally every corner
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

issey
issey

F1doc wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:03
jofs89 wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:11
Unacceptable for Stroll to be 8 tenths behind. Not good enough.
Stroll will make some excuse up about the car not feeling right and having to investigate it. The team will probably come back and say there was damage from running over a kerb...

We all know the real reason is the difference between a world class and a professional driver.
Stroll definitely had some problems his Q2 lap was quicker than his Q3 lap, it seemed like he had the pace all weekend.

PinkFloydPulse

AM could have easily taken 3rd place last year if they had a more competent 2nd driver… same this year… but as Lawrence said “I am a father first, team owner second…” 🤷🏻
Team Fernando!

yinlad

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 10:39
AM could have easily taken 3rd place last year if they had a more competent 2nd driver… same this year… but as Lawrence said “I am a father first, team owner second…” 🤷🏻
And without Stroll they wouldn't exist in the first place, certainly not with any meaningful financial backing anyway.
MVRC - Panthera

issey
issey

According to MARCA Aston Martin were able to balance the car and sacrifice some of their one lap pace to have less tyre degradation and more pace in the race. I assume they did this changes after FP2.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Krack said to ORF directly after Q that the car has a very good balance and therefor they got the rhythm needed for such a track in Q (to improve all the time you go on track). Was unsure about race pace but not concerned (as the reporter asked him about their mediocre long run in FP2 and their Bahrain race pace). Body language showed a realistic but still optimistic Krack in my opinion.

diffuser

The F1 site is showing that Alonso has 1set of new softs, 1set of new Hards and no new medium. Presume that means starting the race on softs then switching to hards during the race. Last year's race showed almost no degradation on hards.

auem123
auem123

issey wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 12:41
According to MARCA Aston Martin were able to balance the car and sacrifice some of their one lap pace to have less tyre degradation and more pace in the race. I assume they did this changes after FP2.
I hope it is true and I won't have to see Alonso fighting with Bearman for P9.

-wkst-
-wkst-

diffuser wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 16:52
The F1 site is showing that Alonso has 1set of new softs, 1set of new Hards and no new medium. Presume that means starting the race on softs then switching to hards during the race. Last year's race showed almost no degradation on hards.
ALO
1x hard (1 lap old - used in FP3), 1x medium (1 lap old - used in FP3), 4x softs (1 new)

STR
1x hard (1 lap old - used in FP3), 1x medium (1 lap old - used in FP3), 4x softs (all used with at least 3 laps)

issey
issey

diffuser wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 16:52
Both Alonso and Stroll did a installation lap on the mediums so they should have mediums with only 1 lap on it

quincalla
quincalla

Curiously the McLarens also did an installation lap on their hards. Aston have been doing it for years but it's the first time I've noticed any other team follow suit.

-wkst-
-wkst-

But they don’t do it at every circuit or every time with the hard and medium. Bahrain 2023 and 2024 they did not do it for example.

Sevach
Sevach

issey wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 10:17
F1doc wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:03
jofs89 wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:11
Unacceptable for Stroll to be 8 tenths behind. Not good enough.
Stroll will make some excuse up about the car not feeling right and having to investigate it. The team will probably come back and say there was damage from running over a kerb...

We all know the real reason is the difference between a world class and a professional driver.
Stroll definitely had some problems his Q2 lap was quicker than his Q3 lap, it seemed like he had the pace all weekend.
Stroll managed a 28.2 in Q1, but the guy just isn't consistent, it's like he doesn't know how he achieved that.

Otromundo

max_speed wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 08:24
xReVo wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 01:18
max_speed wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 20:08
As expected , threw P2 in last sector, lost 2 tenth. Alonso is seriously loosing edge in quali. Today car deserved P2 even team looked shocked
Go and review Alonso's lap and find the mistake, as he raced to the limit near the walls on one of the scariest tracks of the season. But what exactly are you talking about? However, tomorrow if there are no problems or surprises it will be a P8 considering the race pace. It's hard but you have to accept it
I dnt have to prove to anyone how big alonso fan i am. I have been following him since 2004. Every year i turn up hoping he will get a chance to win championship, one more race win, one more pole. When i saw him .100 away in S2, i dreamt of pole atleast P2 for sure. May be i am getting frustrated with the fact that he may never win a championship again and not able to accept it.
I only support team he races for, have zero loyalty and care for aston tbh.
Wow, man, you're cooking yourself at a high temperature...

I am also a bit of a mercenary in favor of Alonso and I am also Spanish. We are from the same tribe. Maybe you too, right?

With the low expectations we had a few years ago... convincing ourselves that American races and LeMans were a wonder... because in F1 things were very dark, black...

We're in glory now, man. I'm beginning to think that this is more fun than having won everything or preferring that Hamilton had a great interest in repairing watches since he was a child and had never gotten into a kart...

What is happening was completely unpredictable. It is a great luxury to attend it.

Remembering the past is good because it avoids repeating mistakes. But the most important thing is to think about the future. That which does not yet exist and depends largely on yourself.

We have to think about the future. The past, the past is.

I respect Aston Martin a lot. Above all because of its peculiarities. It seemed like one thing, now it seems like a completely different thing. They are working hard and that deserves respect. They also respect Alonso. That's why I respect them so much. They are very different from a few previous ones...

And the car is pretty, damn it. Come on, let's go for the race.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Stroll is sucha waste!!