2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Daniel says despite a tough weekend and the car not being quite right, he found some things that make him feel positive for future races.

Yuki and Daniel interviews around the 6 minute mark.

"In downforce we trust"

mendis
mendis

At what point Liam Lawson would replace Daniel? It's just a waste of time having him in that seat. It would be good to have Liam and measure him further.

djos

mendis wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 07:03
At what point Liam Lawson would replace Daniel? It's just a waste of time having him in that seat. It would be good to have Liam and measure him further.
It’s 2 races in and both drivers are complaining the car isn’t quite right, throwing Liam into the car now would help no one!

And please stop the pointless, baseless negativity towards Daniel, according to the team, he’s the one leading the development of the car, not Yuki!
"In downforce we trust"

mendis
mendis

djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 08:06
mendis wrote:
It’s 2 races in and both drivers are complaining the car isn’t quite right, throwing Liam into the car now would help no one!

And please stop the pointless, baseless negativity towards Daniel, according to the team, he’s the one leading the development of the car, not Yuki!
Is there another team that listens to the slower driver to develop the car? It's just fantasy to say Daniel is developing the car. He is a lost cause and in his current mindset, he can't develop himself, forget developing the car. If we assume he is indeed the development driver, he developing it awful for himself.

Wouter

djos wrote:
mendis wrote:

And please stop the pointless, baseless negativity towards Daniel, according to the team,
he’s the one leading the development of the car, not Yuki!
Than he's doing a great job! :D Was't he out in Q2 and wasn't Yuki 0.5 sec quicker than Daniel?! Yuki 1:42.990, Daniel 1:47.417.
Alan Permane (Racing Director)

“With Yuki, we did a conventional race like most others. We started him on the medium tyre, and when the Safety Car came out, pitted him for the hard compound.
What then happened was a little difficult to take.
Magnussen drove off the track to deliberately put himself in front of Yuki and then slowed him down by up to two seconds a lap, which allowed Hulkenberg, who hadn’t stopped yet, to create a gap and of course pit in front of all the cars behind. That, to me, doesn’t seem correct and is the very definition of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I’m sure we and other teams will talk to the FIA about it for future races.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

mendis wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 08:48
djos wrote:
mendis wrote:

Is there another team that listens to the slower driver to develop the car? It's just fantasy to say Daniel is developing the car. He is a lost cause and in his current mindset, he can't develop himself, forget developing the car. If we assume he is indeed the development driver, he developing it awful for himself.
Show me where the team make comments like this regarding Yuki?

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... ef-reveals
"Most importantly, he put some engineering direction into the team with the experience he had and I think that really benefited the AlphaTauri team.”
https://racingnews365.com/alphatauri-de ... o-to-shine
the Aussie worked behind the scenes to understand the car and help AlphaTauri do the same. As reported by lastwordonsports.com, “AlphaTauri is a team who were somewhat directionless in early 2023. This is not to dismiss the contributions of Tsunoda, which were often admirable in a largely uninspiring AT04 machine. But the impact of Daniel Ricciardo’s arrival cannot be overestimated.”
Yuki might be fast, but Daniel is the one driving the setup direction for the team.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 09:21
Yuki might be fast, but Daniel is the one driving the setup direction for the team.
So there is only one conclusion possible:

Daniel has to drive faster AND he has to do a better job on making the car better. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 10:10
djos wrote:

Daniel has to drive faster AND he has to do a better job on making the car better. :wink:
You guys can make silly points all you like, the statements from RedBull and RB leadership are on public record.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 11:00
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

You guys can make silly points all you like, the statements from RedBull and RB leadership are on public record.
Silly points?? Name me one or two please!

Could you name me one or twe strong points from Daniel what he contributes to RBVCARB the last half year? Thanks.

Edit: " ... the statements from RedBull and RB leadership are on public record."

Yes, that he has a huge contribution in developing the car, but he doesn't do that job very well! You wrote it yourself!

"It’s 2 races in and both drivers are complaining the car isn’t quite right."
The Power of Dreams!

Aesop
Aesop

It’s time to let go of Ricciardo. I doubt he ever was good at developing a car, but if he is give him a role as development/reserve driver. He has been awful as a race driver for three years now. Time to make way for the next generation. Nothing to be ashamed of, he is in good company. I could say the same or Stroll, Sergeant, Magnussen.

djos

Wouter wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 12:33
djos wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Could you name me one or twe strong points from Daniel what he contributes to RBVCARB the last half year? Thanks.

Edit: " ... the statements from RedBull and RB leadership are on public record."

Yes, that he has a huge contribution in developing the car, but he doesn't do that job very well! You wrote it yourself!

It’s a new car with a ton of new parts from RBR, they are still sorting through the data and learning how to get it in the desired performance window.

Please grow up.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 12:57
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

It’s a new car with a ton of new parts from RBR, they are still sorting through the data and learning how to get it in the desired performance window.

Please grow up.
I asked you 2 questions you didn't answered one here it is again:

- Could you name me one or two strong points from Daniel what he contributes to VCARB the last half year? Thanks.

And that means not only developping the car but everything he is paid for.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 13:05
djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 12:57
Wouter wrote:

Please grow up.
I asked you 2 questions you didn't answered one here it is again:

- Could you name me one or two strong points from Daniel what he contributes to VCARB the last half year? Thanks.

And that means not only developping the car but everything he is paid for.
I’m not debating you anymore - your arguments ignore established, documented facts.
"In downforce we trust"

Rikhart
Rikhart

Ricciardo hasn't really looked like anything special since returning, I would say Lawson showed far greater potential, even in the short term. If he keeps getting beaten by Tsunoda, they should make the swap.

proteus

I had higher expectations for Ricciardo this season and so far it looks like he is in a no mans land.

On the other side there is Tsunoda which is faster in qualifying, but his racecraft is very poor.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows