Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:41
Watto wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:08
If it happens that way then in all likelihood CH got what he deserved and I don’t think there is any real sympathy for him.
So he deserved to get caught up in a honeypot sting set up by Helmut Marko? And lose his life's work and everything he's built for the last 20 years ?

What a load of nonsens. He has my sympathy and many others sympathy. He still young and I hope he lands on his feet. There will lots of opportunity for him. He knows why the new regs Red Bull is fast. Stroll senior will hand him the keys to the whole Aston operation.

Im also unsure what the big win is here for Red Bull haters. Marko and the Verstappens will still be there. It would have defanged Red Bull more in the short term if they lost the war.
It’s if the texts are real and he’s only surviving because the Thai side is protecting him etc. if he did do as is claimed then I think it was likely just a matter of time; I’ve had a bunch of posts in this thread defending him in so far as if there is something else we don’t know about or if the messages are fake CH deserves his right of reply. I’ve questioned quite that I think there is more to this story than is being told. I’m suspicious of almost everything in this story,

Would depend if Horner was able to convince enough engineers to join him if that were to happen

I don’t think bits right to just dismiss this as only a honeypot sting.

Watto
Watto

dialtone wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:45
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Watto wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:08
If it happens that way then in all likelihood CH got what he deserved and I don’t think there is any real sympathy for him.
So he deserved to get caught up in a honeypot sting set up by Helmut Marko? And lose his life's work and everything he's built for the last 20 years ?
You get what you deserve no? Keeping it in his pants is too hard for the CEO of a business?

Your value scale is way off. This is beyond embarrassing for horner, it doesn’t matter how he got there. Keep. It. In. Your. Pants. Especially at work, especially with a report. Embarrassing.
Yep I have questioned this for a whole in this thread it was always unwise to have a fling with his PA. Whether it breached workplace rules or whether maybe some of the messages were faked to make it look worse etc, but if the messages are real and nothing of substance else is there I don’t have much sympathy for him. The accuser Geri and his kids I do. Just not really any for him

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

There is a lot of mixed reports about where Neweys allegence is. I tend to think it's with Horner.

They have all the intel about what makes the new ground effect Red Bull work.

It would be a natural for Horner and Newey to be reunited with Ron Fallows, Honda and Aston Martin. Horner is the one who personally made the deal with the CEO of Aston for Neweys street car project. Newey has already said that he doesn't want to leave Britain.

Get it done Mr. Stroll. This will attract any of the top drivers you want too.

chrstphrln

Since no one was able to reject the accusations as unfounded, no one was able to label the screenshots as fake, the dismissal of Horner would be the only correct decision.
And it should have been made much, much earlier.
This whole disgraceful spectacle should never have caused such damage, because the end is predictable as long as there is no clear, exonerating aspect.

I really hope that the report is confirmed and the tragedy finally ends.

Watto
Watto

chrstphrln wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 20:06
Since no one was able to reject the accusations as unfounded, no one was able to label the screenshots as fake, the dismissal of Horner would be the only correct decision.
This whole disgraceful spectacle should never have caused such damage, because the end is predictable as long as there is no clear, exonerating aspect.

The lack of a strong denial is a reason I’ve leaned towards the messages being real it’s also far too simplistic to say no denial = true without knowing all the details and what legal advice he’s getting, if as I said a page or so back they believed some of the messages were falsified his legal advice would likely be not go publicly committed until confirmed/process has been followed. otherwise you’re probably only giving her lawyer ammunition/things to attack. It’s often not so black and white and internet detectives get things so easily wrong.

chrstphrln

Watto wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 20:26
chrstphrln wrote:

The lack of a strong denial is a reason I’ve leaned towards the messages being real it’s also far too simplistic to say no denial = true without knowing all the details and what legal advice he’s getting, if as I said a page or so back they believed some of the messages were falsified his legal advice would likely be not go publicly committed until confirmed/process has been followed. otherwise you’re probably only giving her lawyer ammunition/things to attack. It’s often not so black and white and internet detectives get things so easily wrong.
Yes. That is one of the main problems right from the start.
As soon as the process is public, you can no longer avoid playing with open cards and at least clearly denying it if it is to be denied.
If you don't, you can't. That is the only logical conclusion that cannot be dismissed with "legal concerns".
This is something that was not understood in Thailand at the beginning.

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:32
This is maybe the only part of the article that made me small bit suspect maybe a poor translation but just feels an odd thing for an article to mention/feels like something you’d read in some gutter journalism magazine
Thirdly, and unbelievable but true: the mega rock band U2 is planning to help the woman with a song. Background: Her brother is the son-in-law of U2 cult guitarist “The Edge”. F1 insiders have information that U2 is considering a song called "Don't be horny, be Christian" to contribute to the unspeakable sex affair that is filling the pages of the Yellow Press in Britain. Translated, the title means: “Don’t be horny, be a Christian”. Even the Thais who have so far firmly supported Horner fear the mega influence of U2, who are worlds more important than the pop bitterness of the Spice Girls.
That bit lost me as well, but having looked into it U2 and Bono are big advocates for women's rights, and not exactly shy when it comes to spotting an opportunity for some publicity.

If the victim and her lawyers are assured enough in her case that they'll make a public statement prior to a court case then they must have a really good case. I really can't see Horner surviving much longer if things get that far.

Venturiation
Venturiation

PlatinumZealot

Oh gosh. So U2 is releasing a song to bring awareness if these rumours are true. (the lady's brother in law is related to the U2 guitarist).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 20:47
Watto wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:32
This is maybe the only part of the article that made me small bit suspect maybe a poor translation but just feels an odd thing for an article to mention/feels like something you’d read in some gutter journalism magazine
Thirdly, and unbelievable but true: the mega rock band U2 is planning to help the woman with a song. Background: Her brother is the son-in-law of U2 cult guitarist “The Edge”. F1 insiders have information that U2 is considering a song called "Don't be horny, be Christian" to contribute to the unspeakable sex affair that is filling the pages of the Yellow Press in Britain. Translated, the title means: “Don’t be horny, be a Christian”. Even the Thais who have so far firmly supported Horner fear the mega influence of U2, who are worlds more important than the pop bitterness of the Spice Girls.
That bit lost me as well, but having looked into it U2 and Bono are big advocates for women's rights, and not exactly shy when it comes to spotting an opportunity for some publicity.

If the victim and her lawyers are assured enough in her case that they'll make a public statement prior to a court case then they must have a really good case. I really can't see Horner surviving much longer if things get that far.
yes aware of that side of U2, just it’s the the aspect of the article that felt a little gutter journalism like and raised a little red flag not that it may not be true at all just it come across gossipy

Their previous article on this claimed the woman had been sacked/fired. While there was an element if truth to it and it was suspended in full pay. It’s still been mislead.

We’ve seen Horner paying out the victim, she’s been sacked, suspended, Fords ready to pull out, Ford have no intention of pulling out I won’t put a ton of faith in the article until it happens mind you

organic

So overnight it's gone from Marko may not be at Australia to Horner won't be. Feels like a media push/spin to me, perhaps orchestrated by the Austrian side considering it's F1-insider and motorsport-total reporting this both of whom have been pumping out the Austrian side of the story for the last weeks

There is a shareholder meeting on Monday attended by Mintzlaff and the Thai side so I suspect it will all come to a head there

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

chrstphrln wrote:

If you are calling this a tragedy then I'm afraid you don't know what the definition of the word is. And it is an insult to those who experience tragedies.

Watto
Watto

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 20:04
There is a lot of mixed reports about where Neweys allegence is. I tend to think it's with Horner.

They have all the intel about what makes the new ground effect Red Bull work.

It would be a natural for Horner and Newey to be reunited with Ron Fallows, Honda and Aston Martin. Horner is the one who personally made the deal with the CEO of Aston for Neweys street car project. Newey has already said that he doesn't want to leave Britain.

Get it done Mr. Stroll. This will attract any of the top drivers you want too.
May depend who takes over RB too, if it were Jonathan Wheatley that was talked about a while back I can see it as keeping things largely the same Newey with the freedom to pick and choose what he wants. Newey also likely has a long garden leave clause in his contract. Be a agree before we see his info if he were to move.

Wouter

organic wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:07
There is a shareholder meeting on Monday attended by Mintzlaff and the Thai side so I suspect it will all come to a head there
That was this afternoon Dubai time. After that the F1Insider and MS Total came with the articles.
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

organic wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:07
So overnight it's gone from Marko may not be at Australia to Horner won't be. Feels like a media push/spin to me, perhaps orchestrated by the Austrian side considering it's F1-insider and motorsport-total reporting this both of whom have been pumping out the Austrian side of the story for the last weeks

Oh I am absolutely wary of that they haven’t been entirely accurate either though I accept they have a source too in some form you can entirely dismiss either