2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

proteus wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 13:23
On the other side there is Tsunoda which is faster in qualifying, but his racecraft is very poor.
The way Yuki tries to overtake Magnussen... I didn't like it at all. Yuki did not close the door and Magnussen came back in. Or yuki braked very very late... I don't understand
It seems that the team asked him not to take risks and perhaps that influenced

proteus

HPD wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 14:58
proteus wrote:
On the other side there is Tsunoda which is faster in qualifying, but his racecraft is very poor.
The way Yuki tries to overtake Magnussen... I didn't like it at all. Yuki did not close the door and Magnussen came back in. Or yuki braked very very late... I don't understand
It seems that the team asked him not to take risks and perhaps that influenced
Well to me it looked he was defending very hard against Bearman though, nearly getting a contact.

Another example for me is contact with Piastri last year in a rare glipse of Yukis competitiveness, when he threw everything away due to poor spatial awareness of where Oscar might be.

I simply do not see him as a great driver. Too emotional, hot headed, stubborn and prone to mistakes. You can have raw talent and speed, but it is worth nothing if you are not able to control yourself and deliver over a race distance.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

He gets "tilted" too easily, when he's able to run his own race he's quite rapid but if he has to overtake people or defend he gets frustrated very easily and starts making irrational moves "red mist" and all-. That trait hasn't really improved.

bigblue

I'm a bit of a Yuki fan, so ... anyway, I think he's been quite good at defending in the past, e.g. he's held up Hamilton for a good while. This last race was a little odd, perhaps he was trying to behave a bit too much after a good talking to following the, ahem, post-race shenanigans the previous time out. He was uncharacteristically subdued on the radio! Or just an off day?

By the way, it's too early to write Ricciardo off, we're only two races in, but last season plus these two races are probably enough to cause just a bit of concern. But still, early days, we'll see over the next few races. Also, who knows how the car will evolve, it could all go one driver's way, or the others. Perez looked pretty decent at the start of last year, and then was nowhere for the rest of the season.

Car needs some developments, or better understanding. Silver lining: at least Zak has quietened down :-)

mzso
mzso

djos wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 09:50
mzso wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 09:44
djos wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 22:32

You know they show the team points right after the driver points right? The WDC points are determined from both drivers results combined.

Ask Mercedes and Ferrari how much they wanted to beat each other in the WCC last year and why.

WDC’c are great, but the WCC is far more important to the teams. It determines how much money the team gets for the next year from FOM, etc etc.

The more you get from FOM, the less sponsorship money you need to find.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-p ... /10553551/
That's why they often sacrifice the team championship in hopes of a driver's title, right?

The team is just a constructor.
Name one time a team chose between the WDC and a WCC title?
A lot of them who lost the constructors championship and won the WDC. A bunch of times they sacrificed the second driver's race to help their leading driver.

djos

mzso wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 00:44
djos wrote:
mzso wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 09:44

That's why they often sacrifice the team championship in hopes of a driver's title, right?

The team is just a constructor.
A lot of them who lost the constructors championship and won the WDC. A bunch of times they sacrificed the second driver's race to help their leading driver.
Prove it, post a link to a statement from a team proving this!
"In downforce we trust"

mzso
mzso

djos wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:09
mzso wrote:
djos wrote:

You think a team would publicly say this? :D

djos

mzso wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:11
djos wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:09
mzso wrote:

You think a team would publicly say this? :D
And I call BS on your claim, no evidence = did not happen!
"In downforce we trust"

sp8472
sp8472

Clearly the car requires development and was not suited to this track. Given Yuki’s starting position, he only went backward. Daniel’s race was done by the first pit stop. You are not coming back from a 40+ sec pit stop.

I think it’s too early to call on either driver. The team said it would be a slow start and they would bring development through the year. I’ll wait until then before I start making any calls for drivers heads.

Yuki is doing well. He is doing everything he has to right now. Better than I expected. He needs to keep it up and show he can sting a bunch of good drives together.

Daniel needs to preform better. But don’t count him out yet. He still achieved the best result for the team last season. Even in his horrid time at McLaren he was the only driver to win a race for them in a decade. Lando has still not managed to do this in a much improved car. He is one of the very few drivers currently on the grid to win races and podium with more than two teams. Give him a decent car and he will always be a threat.

I think we have a really exciting pairing of drivers in the team. I look forward to their competition, even if it’s a the back of the grid for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

This team doesn't look any better than last year. RB was the most chosen constructor in F1 fantasy. It really seemed logical that it would take a step. And get back to where it was in 2021 with Gasly.

The second RB car is chewing up another driver. After it chewed up Devries last year. One wonders of they will be able to turn it around.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Rikhart wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 13:13
Ricciardo hasn't really looked like anything special since returning, I would say Lawson showed far greater potential, even in the short term. If he keeps getting beaten by Tsunoda, they should make the swap.
This is where some can't be taken seriously because that is simpy not true. Dan jumped straight in at Hungary and beat Yuki. It would have been a larger gap in Dans favour too if not for Dan getting taken out at T1 by the Zhou incident and being left basically dead last. He then proceeded to smash out 41 laps on the mediums in a remarkable stint.

Mexico he quallied within a tenth of Max in 4th. A remarkable effort that was lauded up and down the F1 paddock. He would have had probably 5th (instead of 7th) in the race too bar the SC incident while Yuki crashed out of that race squabbling with Oscar.

Brazil after being taken out by a wayward tyre on lap 1 he made up 20 secs on Yuki before being told to hold station behind him.

Vegas he was beating Yuki before Yuki DNF'd

All strong drives so saying he has done nothing special is just not true at all.

The head to head with Dan vs Yuki was pretty even and that was with Dan recovering from a broken hand as well.

Liam while doing well for a rookie didn't beat Yuki in the races and got hammered in qualli. Of the 4 races Liam finished in front of Yuki, the first at Zanvoort was due to a lucky SC as before that he was over a minute down. Also Monaz Yuki had an engine DNF in the race and Singapore he was taken out by Perez on lap 1. Add to that at Singapore there was a big rear suspension upgrade which made the car much better while Dan was injured. He never got to exploit that until much later when he returned from injury.
Last edited by runningmanz on 11 Mar 2024, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 09:21
mendis wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 08:48
djos wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 08:06

It’s 2 races in and both drivers are complaining the car isn’t quite right, throwing Liam into the car now would help no one!

And please stop the pointless, baseless negativity towards Daniel, according to the team, he’s the one leading the development of the car, not Yuki!
Is there another team that listens to the slower driver to develop the car? It's just fantasy to say Daniel is developing the car. He is a lost cause and in his current mindset, he can't develop himself, forget developing the car. If we assume he is indeed the development driver, he developing it awful for himself.
Show me where the team make comments like this regarding Yuki?

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... ef-reveals
"Most importantly, he put some engineering direction into the team with the experience he had and I think that really benefited the AlphaTauri team.”
https://racingnews365.com/alphatauri-de ... o-to-shine
the Aussie worked behind the scenes to understand the car and help AlphaTauri do the same. As reported by lastwordonsports.com, “AlphaTauri is a team who were somewhat directionless in early 2023. This is not to dismiss the contributions of Tsunoda, which were often admirable in a largely uninspiring AT04 machine. But the impact of Daniel Ricciardo’s arrival cannot be overestimated.”
Yuki might be fast, but Daniel is the one driving the setup direction for the team.
Unfortunately mate most don;t want to accept the facts and prefer to run him down using very shallow if not ignorant methods alot of the time. As mentioned its lucky the team don;t listen to this nonsense and overreact. Dan has been praised by Tost, Bayer, Horner, Egginton and Mekies for everything he brings to the team including the development work and direction. They are unified and highly motivated to extract the best from both drivers who have mentioned they are not happy with the car.

Its clear when Dan is in the zone in a car he is comfortable with he has a very high performance ceiling as seen with RBR, Renault 2020 and as recent as Mexico last year. It would be extremely stupid of the team to turf him out at this point when they need all the help they can get developing the car and what they know he is capable of if they give him the right car which has some DNA of the RB19 with its same suspension for a start and as we know he smashed the Pirelli test in the RB19.

Not to mention that but its a complete overreaction to call Dan past it after 2 races out of 24 where the first race there was barely a tenth in it with qualli and such fine margins this season. The team and drivers know they need a car that both drivers are comfortable with as the priority and Dan is definitely a driver with alot of experience that can help with this. Its not like they have really missed scoring many points either yet with this car. Hopefully Australia is the turning point.
Last edited by runningmanz on 11 Mar 2024, 04:38, edited 2 times in total.

hasika
hasika

proteus wrote:
I had higher expectations for Ricciardo this season and so far it looks like he is in a no mans land.

I think there was not much to discuss before they improved the car,its just like the car was not there in the race condition.The car was OK in qualifying,especially in Yuki's hands,but the car was not that fast in race condition obviously.It seems Hass and willams was faster in race.Yuki also said he was really struggling with the grip in the race compared qualifying,need to understand it with the team.Personally,i am quite positive because the car was better in the first two rounds than it was in the last year.So at least the baseline is better compared to AT04.
Last edited by hasika on 11 Mar 2024, 05:30, edited 2 times in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

hasika wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 04:36
proteus wrote:
I had higher expectations for Ricciardo this season and so far it looks like he is in a no mans land.

I think there was not much to discuss before they improved the car,its just like the car was not there in the race condition.The car was OK in qualifying,especially in Yuki's hands,but the car was not that fast in race condition obviously.It seems Hass and willams was faster in race.Yuki also said he was really struggling with the grip in the race compared qualifying,need to understand it with the team.Personally,i was quite positive because the car was better in the first two rounds than it was in the last year.So as least the baseline is better compared AT04.
yeah thats positive, the team know they are behind the 8 ball a bit with development after bringing updates all teh way until the last race last year. Mekies mentioned that to temper expectations early but they believe with upgrades they should come on strong after that. Having the same suspension as the RB19 is a great platform to start from.
Last edited by runningmanz on 11 Mar 2024, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

organic

They upgraded last year until the very end while others didn't so they closed up on the front pack. This year they will have to do the same again without the advantage of others stopping early.