2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

-wkst- wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 17:36
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 14:53
Krack said they have much better upgrade plans for this year,more aggressive and keep out till end of the season. Last year he said since Canada they just changed parts and tested, but wasn't much upgrade except track specific.
And maybe next year he will say the same thing again...
Fact is that the talk about updates this year is pretty similar to last season at this stage. Last year they failed in the development race, let's see if they do a better job this year.

@xrevo
Red Bull would have loved to continue with Honda, but it was just to late for them...

Honda ist by far the best thing which happened for the racing team since Stroll bought the team (and maybe the shitload of money from Aramco).
thats what they say in public, but the truth is Honda wanted redbull to pay for pu and have more say in the team like with drivers .redbull threw a hisfist and said they would rather control their destiny by building pu themself, but that was before they started to dominate. since then, i think they is a little regret on redbull side.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Bill wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 15:05
i think they is a little regret on redbull side.
Helmut Marko ("Kleine Zeitung" newspaper from Graz, where he lives):
For us this is very frustrating. They tell us, that they are out, celebrating a championship with us, another one, and than they decide suddenly to continue.
In the meantime we build our own engine factory, which was very expensive and costed us a lot of ressources. It is frustrating that we could have spared this (the own engine factory).
In the same interview he said by the way that the works deal for AMR could be the step to the top for the team...

Bill
Bill

the interview done with Honda head tell different story .it was always about the money Honda started complaining in 2021. go to Honda pu thread to read to interviews.

NAPI10
NAPI10

-wkst- wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 16:34
Bill wrote:
For us this is very frustrating. They tell us, that they are out, celebrating a championship with us, another one, and than they decide suddenly to continue.
In the meantime we build our own engine factory, which was very expensive and costed us a lot of ressources. It is frustrating that we could have spared this (the own engine factory).
In the same interview he said by the way that the works deal for AMR could be the step to the top for the team...
This could be the cherry on top; comes Honda, comes Max :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why- ... /10587065/

diffuser

NAPI10 wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 17:53
-wkst- wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 16:34
Bill wrote:
This could be the cherry on top; comes Honda, comes Max :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why- ... /10587065/
The cost CAP changed many players opinions of joining or staying in the F1 Playground. not surprised Honda did too.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Lobato says Alonso is lying when he talks about retiring, he's enjoying F1 a lot and he also likes to "play games" with teams and the press.

SSJ4
SSJ4

ofc he is. he's in his 5th prime of his career. To me he's gonna renew with aston, but he's just playing games just to secure himself the best contract wherever which team he signs for which is understandable

KimiRai
KimiRai

SSJ4 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 01:42
ofc he is. he's in his 5th prime of his career. To me he's gonna renew with aston, but he's just playing games just to secure himself the best contract wherever which team he signs for which is understandable
He did say he likes to play games, but which team he has in mind he didn't say.

NAPI10
NAPI10

KimiRai wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 02:04
SSJ4 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 01:42
He did say he likes to play games, but which team he has in mind he didn't say.
Post race interview in Jeddah, Krack used the term ‘Alonso’s Bluffs’ multiple times.I think ,he used it purposely . Both parties r playing games.

zoroastar

i think alonso will be at aston next year unless max leaves redbull and that seat opens up. i think horner and newey both would like to have alonso, and i dont know if alonso could pass up that redbull drive. he wants to win, ad that is the only path in that direction for the next couple of years at least.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 07:01
i think alonso will be at aston next year unless max leaves redbull and that seat opens up. i think horner and newey both would like to have alonso, and i dont know if alonso could pass up that redbull drive. he wants to win, ad that is the only path in that direction for the next couple of years at least.
Makes sense.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

zoroastar wrote:
Of courses he will be,if he want to continue. There are no place or chance at Ferrari and Aston faster than Mercedes or McLaren at raw speed. If they sourt out the tyre issue, they will be right there with Ferrari.

Jambier

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 09:42
zoroastar wrote:
Of courses he will be,if he want to continue. There are no place or chance at Ferrari and Aston faster than Mercedes or McLaren at raw speed. If they sourt out the tyre issue, they will be right there with Ferrari.
And also he is now "at home".
Aston and him seem quite linked, team likes him, Lawrence as well, and doing 2 more year with them before retiring seems like a good story / end of career

The only option of course would be Red Bull. This one cannot be refused

makecry
makecry

As big of a Fernando fan I am, this thread seems to be way too focused on his potential move or lackthereof rather then the team .

issey
issey

makecry wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 12:44
As big of a Fernando fan I am, this thread seems to be way too focused on his potential move or lackthereof rather then the team .
Yep, unfortunately