2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

So the team botched Dan;s pitstop trying to double stack it seems. Hope they get that sorted out in case it happens again. It certainly looked that way given how quick both drivers came into the pits.

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 01:38
runningmanz wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 01:21
bigblue wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 00:36
To me, it's not clear if Ricciardo is talking about defective/badly installed parts, overall set-up direction, or small design errors that can be fixed when he's been saying they found issues. Sounds most like overall set-up from this autosport article?

By the way, a bit too early to say much about Yuki vs. Daniel, need another couple of races for preliminary feelings imo.
Yeah there is something there even Yuki is not happy with the car. Will be interesting to see what improvements are made for Australia by the team and drivers.

Correct after 2 races its clear that sample size is way too small to draw any solid conclusions.

Interesting comments from Dan about Laurent's no BS approach.

https://racingnews365.com/ricciardo-pra ... p-approach
My kind of manager!

In all Honestly, this is the best approach and how I deal with those who I work for and who work for me. I don't do sub-text or politics, it just gets in the way of getting results.
“Even I like to talk to sometimes, I might be dragging on a little bit and he's like, ‘Mate, just get to the point, what do you want to tell me? 'You don't have to be nice, just say it’.
Yeah very efficient way of doing things. Lets see how it pans out with the team and development going forward!

FW17

I really wish for Mike Elliot to join the team and complete his Zero Pod design to its fullest potential. I don't care if it fails but the W13 clone would look cool on track for 2025.

djos

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 10:32
I really wish for Mike Elliot to join the team and complete his Zero Pod design to its fullest potential. I don't care if it fails but the W13 clone would look cool on track for 2025.
The concept simply doesn’t work with the current ground effect cars, going down this path would send the team to the back of the grid and this won’t help any one.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

djos wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 10:49
FW17 wrote:
The concept simply doesn’t work with the current ground effect cars, going down this path would send the team to the back of the grid and this won’t help any one.
That car had issue with platform control, something that was not fully addressed on the subsequent car. I am not of the opinion that it is going to be a winning concept, but something different to RB19 clone concept being seen up and down the grid.

K1Plus
K1Plus

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 10:59
djos wrote:
FW17 wrote:
That car had issue with platform control, something that was not fully addressed on the subsequent car. I am not of the opinion that it is going to be a winning concept, but something different to RB19 clone concept being seen up and down the grid.
If it has a good platform, the zeropod is theoretically fastest, dubbed "world champion in the wind tunnel" AFAIK that's how it was called.
The VCARB has the RB19 suspension both front and rear, and we know it's very stable. Why not try?

djos

K1Plus wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 11:06
FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 10:59
djos wrote:

If it has a good platform, the zeropod is theoretically fastest, dubbed "world champion in the wind tunnel" AFAIK that's how it was called.
The VCARB has the RB19 suspension both front and rear, and we know it's very stable. Why not try?
The big issue with the Zero pods was its extreme peak downforce was unusable unless the car was slammed to tarmac, and then it porposed like a demon.

There’s just no point having the most peak downforce if it’s unusable.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 14:08
That should upset Zac … again! 🤣
"In downforce we trust"

Espresso
Espresso

djos wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Zeropod concept is good but tricky. W13 car showed remarkable speed in controlled situations.
MB wasn’t able to marry it to the suspension and the floor. And still (current car) lack the understanding to have all components working together.
Look now. They still haven’t solved the porpoising problems and dropped in the rankings.
RB have a similar problem putting it all together.
With that engine and suspension the potential is there. Getting the floor and monocoque working is the challenge.

djos

Espresso wrote:
16 Mar 2024, 02:05
djos wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Zeropod concept is good but tricky. W13 car showed remarkable speed in controlled situations.
MB wasn’t able to marry it to the suspension and the floor. And still (current car) lack the understanding to have all components working together.
Look now. They still haven’t solved the porpoising problems and dropped in the rankings.
RB have a similar problem putting it all together.
With that engine and suspension the potential is there. Getting the floor and monocoque working is the challenge.
It doesn’t matter how good the rest of the car is, Mercedes themselves admitted that the concept only works in a very narrow window, very close to the ground.

The other big issue was the lack of front wheel wake control, which in turn makes the floor of the Zero pod design even more susceptible to variable conditions.

It was one of those great ideas that didn’t translate to the real world.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Strong statement's from Mekies about both drivers. Again this is exactly what I was saying about the sum of what Dan brings to the team straight from the TP.

"But while it has been a shaky start to the season for Ricciardo, Mekies believes the motivation is very much there, while he also explained Ricciardo’s “added value” beyond just speed.
“I think he is motivated and focused,” said Mekies of Ricciardo. “We have rediscovered a driver who works technically to a very high standard, beyond speed for the team he is a very important added value.
“Then it’s nice to have rediscovered a very contented and smiling Daniel.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/laurent-m ... l-progress

runningmanz
runningmanz

Rear wing spotted for OZ GP. Anyone know what upgrades the team is bringing?

Wouter

Yuki and Daniel talking to the fans today.

Image . Image

Last edited by Wouter on 21 Mar 2024, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!