2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wiktor977
wiktor977

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:32
RonMexico wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:15
Mosin123 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 05:07

Like?

I mean, LH is losing techincally to GR ( After 3 races?? I though we was in for a 24 race season, didnt know the championship is over alrdy...), but lets be honest, LH is driving a Ferrari next year, I dont think he cares, he HAS to do one more season in a team that still hasnt worked it out, he is a 7 time world champion ( 8 ).

Was LH to old last season? or was he just that much better than GR he finished best of the rest while GR finsihed behind not 1, not 2, but 3 different constructor teams ( Not counting RB ) ..........

No, i dont think it does.I cant picture to many saying it does.

Its not like he got beat by Ricciardo.
Russell is an average driver. I don't see him winning or challenging for a WDC anytime soon.
The problem with ragging on Russell (nevermind that this particular incident was intentionally caused by Alonso) and calling him average is that he keeps matching or beating Hamilton on the regular. By calling him average (when he is clearly not) you are devaluing Hamilton.
You must be joking!

Il Leone
Il Leone

George was terrified and rightly so.

PlatinumZealot

Some people need to leave this thread this very instant!

You should be celebrating after Toto got Alonso the penalty. As much as George is George, the team needs the points, and if it werent for Alonso's dirty tactics we would have at least left Asutralia with some dignity.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Cs98
Cs98

wiktor977 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 13:26
Cs98 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:32
RonMexico wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:15

Russell is an average driver. I don't see him winning or challenging for a WDC anytime soon.
The problem with ragging on Russell (nevermind that this particular incident was intentionally caused by Alonso) and calling him average is that he keeps matching or beating Hamilton on the regular. By calling him average (when he is clearly not) you are devaluing Hamilton.
You must be joking!
The brake test was an intentional reckless move, the final outcome may not have been the plan.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Good for to lewis to move to Ferrari they wasted 3 years of his career

DGP123
DGP123

‘’if you have any ideas about who could turn this around, I would happily listen to them”.

Clear as day admission from Toto that they don’t have any idea about this regulation. Should go, but won’t. Mercedes in such a mess.

Sevach
Sevach

DGP123 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:15
‘’if you have any ideas about who could turn this around, I would happily listen to them”.

Clear as day admission from Toto that they don’t have any idea about this regulation. Should go, but won’t. Mercedes in such a mess.
People are being too emotional, Toto isn't a technician, he's a manager.
He's role in this is to insure he has the best technical team and tools.

He gave his formerly dominant technical squad 3 chances, they have proven unable to do the work.
Now he needs get to work and recruit, ahead of the next regulation change.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sevach wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:21
DGP123 wrote:

He gave his formerly dominant technical squad 3 chances, they have proven unable to do the work.
They've started recruiting already, Simone Resta is a good choice.

CaribouBread wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 11:09
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/merce ... /10589045/
Simone Resta and Enrico Sampo signed by Mercedes, not clear when they'll start working for Merc.

Sevach
Sevach

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:29
Sevach wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:21
DGP123 wrote:

They've started recruiting already, Simone Resta is a good choice.

CaribouBread wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 11:09
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/merce ... /10589045/
Simone Resta and Enrico Sampo signed by Mercedes, not clear when they'll start working for Merc.
I'm not a Toto fan(lol), but you know he probably got told the same "potential" story that we hear on the media by his tech team.
And when you have a team that won the last 8 championships i think he wasn't wrong in giving them multiple chances and trusting what he was hearing from them.

Now it's clear they need to rethink their department and retool.

Luscion
Luscion

I'm curious as to what theyre doing so wrong that theyre seemingly now the only team in the top 5 that is having correlation issues and also seems to be the only ones with a car that still has a very narrow setup window, which iirc was one of the goals to improve for the W15

venkyhere
venkyhere

Venturiation wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:10
Why all this emotional drama ? Not every statement to media needs to be a punchline. Tired of Toto's constant 'throwing under the bus' treatment of his staff. Who recruited them ? He did. Stop talking to the media and get on with the solution. It all starts with 'we are human afterall', and accept the "failure" (5th fastest team isn't a total disaster, where Alpine are at, is) with humility. Its in situations like this, someone with Kimi's emotional disposition would be an asset to the team. Stop doing the 'big talk' like 'we are close' , 'finally we have solved it' , 'this time we are right' - behave like a midfield team for the media activities and the pressure will lift automatically.

Behind Rb, Ferrari, McLaren & as far as Sundays go; behind Aston too. Shocking fall from grace.

Edit: I just caught the replay on tv & I don’t see anything to be optimistic about let alone neutral. Just terrible
Last edited by 214270 on 24 Mar 2024, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Luscion
Luscion

venkyhere wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:44
Venturiation wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:10
Why all this emotional drama ? Not every statement to media needs to be a punchline. Tired of Toto's constant 'throwing under the bus' treatment of his staff. Who recruited them ? He did. Stop talking to the media and get on with the solution. It all starts with 'we are human afterall', and accept the "failure" (5th fastest team isn't a total disaster, where Alpine are at, is) with humility. Its in situations like this, someone with Kimi's emotional disposition would be an asset to the team. Stop doing the 'big talk' like 'we are close' , 'finally we have solved it' , 'this time we are right' - behave like a midfield team for the media activities and the pressure will lift automatically.
Where in any of this does he blame the team? he puts most of the blame on himself and reiterates that they havent just suddenly gotten dumb, they just dont understand the car, which is just factual. Merc have also never once mentioned catching RB this season and have always put RB ahead of them even before testing. I appreciate him being honest about their issues instead of sugar coating everything and acting like there's no problems, the staff at Merc arent dumb and understand there are issues with the car as well
Last edited by Luscion on 24 Mar 2024, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

When did this team thread just turn into a complain about Lewis thread, its honestly worse than reddit at this point
Last edited by Luscion on 24 Mar 2024, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

DGP123
DGP123

Sofa King wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:51
Merc will be much better next year without the negative energy and drama of Lewis.
😂 🤦

So in your dreams, Lewis leaves, and they suddenly produce a rocket ship. My god