2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:39
Xyz22 wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:38
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:36

It's currently 1-1 in qualifying. This is statistically insignificant.
I don't understand this current massive overreaction.
People now even micro analysing FP1 runs.
Any driver who's number 1 at Ferrari has a massive target on his back.
Happened to Vettel. Happened to Alonso.
That's the funny thing, though. Leclerc has never been number 1 driver. :D

search

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:33
search wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:28
SoulPancake13 wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 18:18

Generally speaking, whenever Marko is worried about Ferrari's pace, he means it. Mini race sim looks very strong. Of course who knows the fuel loads, but very promising indeed.
Sainz pitted for 2:30 only after his short run, Leclerc for 3:20. Usually the pit stop time in practice to fully fuel the car is close to 5 minutes
That would assume that the cars were "empty" when they were sent for the short runs, which is unlikely. So it sounds like they had quite a bit of fuel on board, probably more than others for short runs in that case, which could mean that they didn't need to spend as much time fueling for the long runs. Marko said Ferrari was a second a lap faster on the long runs so RB have some catching up to do but I doubt they will bridge a 1 second margin. Perhaps only rain would thwart Ferrari this weekend.
there was no assumption in there. There's always fuel left in the cars on Fridays, and usually it still takes around 5 minutes

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:41
AR3-GP wrote:
search wrote:

Sainz pitted for 2:30 only after his short run, Leclerc for 3:20. Usually the pit stop time in practice to fully fuel the car is close to 5 minutes
That would assume that the cars were "empty" when they were sent for the short runs, which is unlikely. So it sounds like they had quite a bit of fuel on board, probably more than others for short runs in that case, which could mean that they didn't need to spend as much time fueling for the long runs. Marko said Ferrari was a second a lap faster on the long runs so RB have some catching up to do but I doubt they will bridge a 1 second margin. Perhaps only rain would thwart Ferrari this weekend.
there was no assumption in there. There's always fuel left in the cars on Fridays, and usually it still takes around 5 minutes
Maybe, but then Sargeant took 10-15 minutes away from the session. They could just work faster. I don't see why 5 minutes would be perfectly associated with filling of the tank as opposed to simply a matter of procedures involving other aspects.

The stop times don't really correlate to the lap times anyway. Leclerc had the longer stop by almost a full minute, but his long run was much faster than that of Sainz. Different engine mode? Maybe, but I think the stop time doesn't give a strong indication of how much fuel might have gone in the tank.

search

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:44
search wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 20:41
AR3-GP wrote:

Maybe, but then Sargeant took 10-15 minutes away from the session. They could just work faster. I don't see why 5 minutes would be perfectly associated with filling of the tank as opposed to simply a matter of procedures involving other aspects.

The stop times don't really correlate to the lap times anyway. Leclerc had the longer stop by almost a full minute, but his long run was much faster than that of Sainz.
yeah, but the situation was exactly the same for VER, and he spent 5:20 in the pits.

Of course I can't say for certain, and maybe some teams can even refuel the cars quicker than others, but if Ferrari is 1s quicker after spending half the time in the pits, I honestly think there is not much doubt that they were underfueled.

scuderiabrandon

Casio triangle was a bit tragic in FP1, endless wheelspin on the exit. Feels a bit odd to say when were at Suzuka but I hope they find a better low speed balance. Most of the gap to Red Bull came from the final chicane.

I still expect Mclaren to come out swinging tomorrow.

LostInTranslation
LostInTranslation

Marc Genè, a Ferrari employee and Sky Italia collaborator, a former driver who takes part in the briefings, declared that the Ferrari cars had the same fuel load that they have usually used for years on the Fridays of the GPs.

Joel709
Joel709

LostInTranslation wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 22:12
Marc Genè, a Ferrari employee and Sky Italia collaborator, a former driver who takes part in the briefings, declared that the Ferrari cars had the same fuel load that they have usually used for years on the Fridays of the GPs.
To be fair Ferrari have been running lower fuel and higher engine modes compared to red bull for a while now

Joel709
Joel709

AR3-GP wrote:
search wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 18:18

Generally speaking, whenever Marko is worried about Ferrari's pace, he means it. Mini race sim looks very strong. Of course who knows the fuel loads, but very promising indeed.
It’s not representative, even Ferrari have said it’s not a real gap, likelyhood is that redbull are 2 tenths faster in race trim which is still a big achievement for Ferrari over last year

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Looking at last years telemetry. 0.5 sec lap difference between first 5 laps and lap 20-25. So still feels somewhat promising. What are the concerns around Casio triangle?

dialtone
dialtone

Joel709 wrote:
LostInTranslation wrote:
To be fair Ferrari have been running lower fuel and higher engine modes compared to red bull for a while now
Source: Marko?

This is not true. Gaps between FP and quali have mostly been the same between Ferrari and RBR, at least this year. And as a matter of fact Ferrari has been running uber detuned engines in FP1-2 since ‘22 with all the failures they were having. If you look at older threads you’ll see people complaining that Ferrari not pushing in FP makes their FP not representative.

I’ve had threads here where I pointed out the obvious detuning only for RBR crew to come out and claim a 15kph difference was all thanks to RBR superior aero and magic DRS and some fairy dust, only for Ferrari to be on pole a day later, see LEC in Monza ‘22 where Max was 0.3s ahead of LEC in FP3 and then come quali LEC was 0.14 ahead.

Once again: Marko doesn’t analyse data, he talks more about the feeling they have before analysing data, which happens later after press interviews and such. This stuff than fuels nonsense takes from press and whatnot. Plus the zeropod meme with Marko saying “you’ll see” should tell you he’s a shitstirrer.

Joel709
Joel709

dialtone wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 00:18
Joel709 wrote:
LostInTranslation wrote:

This is not true. Gaps between FP and quali have mostly been the same between Ferrari and RBR, at least this year. And as a matter of fact Ferrari has been running uber detuned engines in FP1-2 since ‘22 with all the failures they were having. If you look at older threads you’ll see people complaining that Ferrari not pushing in FP makes their FP not representative.

I’ve had threads here where I pointed out the obvious detuning only for RBR crew to come out and claim a 15kph difference was all thanks to RBR superior aero and magic DRS and some fairy dust, only for Ferrari to be on pole a day later, see LEC in Monza ‘22 where Max was 0.3s ahead of LEC in FP3 and then come quali LEC was 0.14 ahead.

Once again: Marko doesn’t analyse data, he talks more about the feeling they have before analysing data, which happens later after press interviews and such. This stuff than fuels nonsense takes from press and whatnot. Plus the zeropod meme with Marko saying “you’ll see” should tell you he’s a shitstirrer.
It’s FP1, if we had an fp2 session or this happened in fp3 I’d be worried but this is what Ferrari in fp1.

They literally did it in Jeddah this year, max was doing mid 37s and 38s and leclerc was doing high 36s mid 37s and then once race day came about max had 4 tenths advantage.

FP3 will be the more serious measurement. If you believe that Ferrari are a second a lap quicker all of a sudden then I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.

scuderiabrandon

Joel709 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 01:00
dialtone wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 00:18
Joel709 wrote:

It’s FP1, if we had an fp2 session or this happened in fp3 I’d be worried but this is what Ferrari in fp1.

They literally did it in Jeddah this year, max was doing mid 37s and 38s and leclerc was doing high 36s mid 37s and then once race day came about max had 4 tenths advantage.

FP3 will be the more serious measurement. If you believe that Ferrari are a second a lap quicker all of a sudden then I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.
No what he is saying is more often than not Marko says things for the sake of saying it. Usually just a general feeling most of the time.

No one seriously believes Ferrari are 1s quicker, matter of fact, most of us here don't even believe they are quicker to start with.

mehdi24
mehdi24

the past race in australia in fp 1and fp 2 the ferrari simulate with high fuel and same time register in the race my prediction that same think was here in suzuka

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Fuel load being higher for RBR than usual or something like that. Engine mode has minimal impact on race sims, also Max could have just gone slower than needed.

Edit: was replying to a deleted message.

Luscion
Luscion

Wonder whats up with Ferrari's pace, seems to have just fell off