2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Joel709 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 13:53
Joel709 wrote: The stints are almost impossible to compare. 1 driver is doing a two stop which means he can push, where as the other is in tyre preservation mode going for a one stop. As that chart mentions, with a 0.3-0.35 deficit the result would have still been 15+ seconds behind. The reason sainz is comparable is because he was on a 2 stop strategy and was faster this race.

While I think leclerc is a better driver overall, their race performance so far this season have been near matched so I don’t buy that he would have made a massive difference.
You don’t buy that he was going to be better after LEC finished 6s behind his teammate with a suboptimal strategy and starting 8th?
While it may not be fully accurate, that graph highlights the pace while taking into account strategy, tyres etc. the real race pace without anything considered had leclerc 9 tenths slower than max and 4-5 tenths slower than Sainz
I checked the race pace graph actually adjusted and it shows LEC with 0.34 deficit and Sainz with 0.4.

This still isn’t right imho but at least doesn’t report LEC 1s a lap slower than Max which would be funny given he finished 26s behind starting 8th.

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 23:35
Joel709 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

You don’t buy that he was going to be better after LEC finished 6s behind his teammate with a suboptimal strategy and starting 8th?
While it may not be fully accurate, that graph highlights the pace while taking into account strategy, tyres etc. the real race pace without anything considered had leclerc 9 tenths slower than max and 4-5 tenths slower than Sainz
I checked the race pace graph actually adjusted and it shows LEC with 0.34 deficit and Sainz with 0.4.

https://preview.redd.it/rl63gbeuh1tc1.j ... 8f00f50518

This still isn’t right imho but at least doesn’t report LEC 1s a lap slower than Max which would be funny given he finished 26s behind starting 8th.
The 1s gap clearly doesn't take into account that Leclerc was on a 1 stop strategy. Moreover, Sainz and Leclerc pace were impacted by traffic in the first stint, especially for Leclerc with Piastri struggling more than Norris. This doesn't mean much though as qualifying is a crucial part of the weekend and the awful performance from yesterday made the race much more challenging.

This is one of the reasons why RB is still far ahead at the moment.

Joel709
Joel709

dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 23:35
Joel709 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

https://preview.redd.it/rl63gbeuh1tc1.j ... 8f00f50518

I’d say it’s about right being about 3 tenths back. I think a lot of people have tinted glasses from the Australia performance. Max was only leading Lewis by 8 seconds in last years Aus GP before the Red flag. Ferrari have definitely improved but they are not yet on the level to compete consistently with Max. They are able to get Checo and I imagine there will be a few tracks that suit the Ferrari more than Red Bull.

Joel709
Joel709

I feel Ferrari are in the running for the WCC this year, but I don’t expect them to mount a challenge in Max for the WDC

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen's grid starts continue to be perfection. 5 for 5 on pulling off and away from P2, managing to cover the inside line before T1.

venkyhere
venkyhere

marcel171281 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 19:11
SirBastianVettel wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 18:59
I wonder if the sprint weekend will be a challenge for Red Bull. Even this weekend they didn't get their setup right till after FP3.
This year there is no parc ferme after the Sprint, so they can change setup before the GP.
I reckon this is a blessing in disguise. They get a good read on quali setup from sprint qualifying AND they get a good read on race setup from the sprint. And work out an 'eventual setup' somewhere in between both of them. My guess is that something 'actual' like this provides more accurate info than FP2 & FP3. Which might prove to be the ideal thing for a 'relatively unknown' track like China.

venkyhere
venkyhere

venkyhere wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 06:39
marcel171281 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 19:11
SirBastianVettel wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 18:59
I wonder if the sprint weekend will be a challenge for Red Bull. Even this weekend they didn't get their setup right till after FP3.
This year there is no parc ferme after the Sprint, so they can change setup before the GP.
I reckon this is a blessing in disguise. They get a good read on quali setup from sprint qualifying AND they get a good read on race setup from the sprint. And work out an 'eventual setup' somewhere in between both of them. My guess is that something 'actual' like this provides more accurate info (fuel corrected of course) than FP2 & FP3. Which might prove to be the ideal thing for a 'relatively unknown' track like China.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Please hire Alonso next year! Perez doesnt have the race pace to challege max, neither does Sainz, Alonso on Sunday is probably the only driver who can match his speed and manage his tyres.

But to be fair if I was RbR i'd bring in Sainz because he just doesnt have the race pace to compete with Max, I noticed this when they were at Tottos Rosso together

Sieper

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 21:20
Yup, RB20 is bucket of crap and no way Checco would have won 3 races if Max wasn't there. Oh wait...
Who said that, but you? You are very knowledgeable but please stop the hyperbole. It is just showing your allegiance and not in a good way.

Vanja #66

Sieper wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 18:56
Who said that, but you? You are very knowledgeable but please stop the hyperbole. It is just showing your allegiance and not in a good way.
I was obviously ironic and it was obviously directed at the post above
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Joel709
Joel709

Big Gun wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 16:03
Please hire Alonso next year! Perez doesnt have the race pace to challege max, neither does Sainz, Alonso on Sunday is probably the only driver who can match his speed and manage his tyres.

But to be fair if I was RbR i'd bring in Sainz because he just doesnt have the race pace to compete with Max, I noticed this when they were at Tottos Rosso together
Honestly I can see Alonso hanging up his boots this year. he might take a 1 year deal at Merc to fill that gap they have.

Red bull will be far more interested in the likes of sainz, he’s still got lots of years in him, he has previous red bull experience and his dad is sponsored by them.

PlatinumZealot

Redbull won by 20 seconds this year. The gap actually increased compared to last year. They are in cruise mode unless another team finds a half a second. Which let's admit it, is not happening under those slow burning reguations.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Zynerji

Big Gun wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 16:03

I thinks Sainz and Lando might get close.

dialtone
dialtone

PlatinumZealot wrote:Redbull won by 20 seconds this year. The gap actually increased compared to last year. They are in cruise mode unless another team finds a half a second. Which let's admit it, is not happening under those slow burning reguations.
Last year Lando had a clean race for 2nd. It wasn’t the same at all. But yeah they are still dominant, gap shrank quite a bit which just shows how ridiculous last year’s car was.