2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Yes, even in sprint, if we are passed we will struggle to repass.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

chrisgr
chrisgr

What a disaster....

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

That sucks.

Madhouse

Lando choking again, no surprise.

Vanja #66

Lando really needs to grow a pair, right now. That was painful to watch, would have been such a good race if he held his own
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

trinidefender
trinidefender

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 05:41
Lando really needs to grow a pair, right now. That was painful to watch, would have been such a good race if he held his own
I wouldn’t say growing a pair is his problem. Him keeping his nose in is what got him pushed out wide. He was doomed pretty much from the poor start.

Unless I’m missing something?

Vanja #66

Just stick to your line and don't get bullied out of it? Rosberg kind of showed how to neutralise Hamilton way back in 2016, didn't he...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

BMMR61

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 05:41
I don't want to react to smart after the fact knee-jerk posts but that is painful to read. It was a close thing whether to hang in around the outside but there really wasn't much alternative. A cut back wasn't going to find track position from Alonso and if Lando had got his wheels just in front then Lewis would be required to give him space on the outside. I had the sound off because of my hatred of bad commentary so I don't know how they viewed it. I wouldn't cry "Lewis forced me off!" but it was fairly close. That was the race right there, glad Sir got run down by Max in the end if only to keep him humble LOL. :D

trinidefender
trinidefender

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 05:51
Just stick to your line and don't get bullied out of it? Rosberg kind of showed how to neutralise Hamilton way back in 2016, didn't he...
In the post race interview Norris said he was trying to hang on around the outside but the back stepped out.

I get the feeling that when Hamilton ran wide Norris lost downforce.

Can I prove my belief? Not really but it makes sense considering he lost the rear when Hamilton unwrapped the steering and closed the horizontal distance to Norris.

I wouldn't say Norris showed any lack of cajones in Japan with some of his overtakes around the outside on the some very high speed corners.

I'm not particularly trying to defend Norris. It was clear he messed up the start, I guess we just differ in the subsequent events.

M840TR
M840TR

This Lando hate is very unfair and hurling profanities is especially a new low for this thread. Hamilton had a better start so Lando had to take the outside line which was slippery due to track conditions; so he ran wide and caught filth on the tyres which made things even worse. Just a racing incident. Even if not Verstappen would’ve won by 20 secs. So come back when Lando crashes from the lead on the fastest car or something.

Dafnalina
Dafnalina

Lando screwed up that start and I'm sure he's beating himself up, but what worries me is the pace didn't look great. Maybe a podium was off the cards. We have no traction to catch anyone, overtaking is impossible. Not sure even good track position can help us in the race.

Dunlay
Dunlay

What's going on with Oscar? He is fading away after a good start last year. His race pace is nowhere. Doesn't seem to understand the car or tyres. I thought in his second year, he will have better understanding of race pace, seems like he has got no clue how to be competitive in race trim.

Dimond
Dimond

Dafnalina wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:06
Lando screwed up that start and I'm sure he's beating himself up, but what worries me is the pace didn't look great. Maybe a podium was off the cards. We have no traction to catch anyone, overtaking is impossible. Not sure even good track position can help us in the race.
He put pressure on Leclerc for most of the race, but backed down closer to the finish.

Dafnalina
Dafnalina

Dunlay wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:09
What's going on with Oscar? He is fading away after a good start last year. His race pace is nowhere. Doesn't seem to understand the car or tyres. I thought in his second year, he will have better understanding of race pace, seems like he has got no clue how to be competitive in race trim.
I think it might have to do with him never being whithin DRS zone, while Lando looked better cause he was behind Sainz and Leclerc

chrisc90

A rear twitch made Lando go off track. He wasn’t forced off at all. Infact, was Lewis’s corner.
A bit unlucky really, bit too eager trying to hang it out round the outside