2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bluechris

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Yesterday i insisted that Ferrari will be near RB but i haven't count MCLaren :)

Space-heat
Space-heat

michl420 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:29
I am a mclaren fan and think that penalty for Sainz is totaly wrong. In this race where maybe 10 harder fights without a penalty.
Seems like the result is more important than the action.

I know "turn one" and that Lewis wasn't punished in the sprint, but Checo's "torpedo", as Sainz called it, should have some consequence. There is nuance, tightly packed cars, everyone trying to make the corner and carrying a little bit too much speed I can see some wiggle. But Checo blitzing down the inside, nearly collecting three/four cars, going way off track, then rejoining into faster cars, should probable get something. Worse again, Checo is the main benefactor to Sainz's penalty.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:34
Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:21
Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:18
Take it easy... Not long ago FIA was called Ferrari International Assistance.
Yet no one could explain how exactly FIA assissted Ferrari. I guess making rule changes targeting their solutions helped them
Just going by what Adrian Newey said in his book...
In reality, however, Ferrari heard of our plans and complained.
Ferrari complaining was to become a recurring theme over the ensuing
years. If Ferrari didn’t like something (usually because they couldn’t get it to work for themselves), they complained to the FIA. Whether or not they were assured of a sympathetic ear is up for debate. I’m sure Max and Bernie would strenuously deny Ferrari were ever showed favouritism. Suffice to say, however, that it was around this time that those in the pit lane began to refer to the FIA as Ferrari International Aid. (It was years later, in 2015, that it emerged that Ferrari did indeed have a secret contract with the FIA that allowed them to veto any regulation changes – galling confirmation of a ‘special relationship’ that we always suspected but until then had never had confirmed.)
Sure, the same FIA that admittedly knew of the cheat by Briatore and Alonso and did nothing. And in Newey I would be forever ashamed when thinking back to Coulthard destroying Schumacher's car.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:30
SharkY wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:23
Oh, come on! Carlos lost control of the rear and slid under braking. In most cases when the driver loses control and there's a contact, they apply a penalty. I immediately expected it. I'm just happy they halved the penalty, as the collision was just slight.

I haven't listened to Carlos's radio yet, but I hoped that Ricky would cool his head better. I feel like his fuming cost him a clean overtake.
Sainz was late on brakes and had a tiny slide, being on the dirty part of the track. None of that changes the fact Piastri turned into him while Sainz was already ahead and made contact by himself. Even if there was no slide, Piastri would have hit Sainz since he never considered correcting his path. Sham penalty

Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:34
Just going by what Adrian Newey said in his book...
Right, the side that gets beaten 5 years in a row is always objective :) I'm happy to continue with this topic if you do, start a dedicated topic since here it's off topic. As for veto, it was informal and was granted on the basis of Ferrari using V12 in 80s when FIA wanted to mandated V10 that British teams were using (Ford Cosworth, I think). It only became a formal veto right in 2005 - when rules were already changed to prevent Ferrari running races as 3-4 stints of qualifying laps.
That also reminds me of the harsh criticism back in the Schumi years towards Ferrari for issueing "team orders", as opposite to the strict sportmanship of McLaren. And then when Coulthard retired, he revealed he was asked countless times to slow down the pack to let Hakkinen run away.

dia6olo
dia6olo

bluechris wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:37
Yesterday i insisted that Ferrari will be near RB but i haven't count MCLaren :)
In fairness, without Ferrari compromising themselves at the start with Oscar, then the Leclerc early stop then Lando lucking in with the safety car, there's every chance it would have finished P1 Max, P2 Leclerc and P3 Lando.
That said Lando's McLaren was quicker yesterday, I wouldn't say by all that much but he definitely had a little bit more.

Waz
Waz

That's an awful lot of ifs there. It was another solid race and should have been a good result with 3-4 again, but for Carlos losing his mind unnecessarily.

Although, I will happily side with anyone who shows the penalty was unnecessary or harsh, seeing as my immediate thought was more racing incident.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

dia6olo wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:05
bluechris wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:37
In fairness, without Ferrari compromising themselves at the start with Oscar, then the Leclerc early stop then Lando lucking in with the safety car, there's every chance it would have finished P1 Max, P2 Leclerc and P3 Lando.
That said Lando's McLaren was quicker yesterday, I wouldn't say by all that much but he definitely had a little bit more.
Sure. Let's hope Ferrari updates will deliver, but seeing McLaren improving that much (and that steadily) I cannot prevent my disillusion from entering the scene.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

MCL's upgrade is worth 4 tenths according to formu1a.uno

The reports about Imola upgrade being worth only 0.25 better be a very low-ball estimate.

wowgr8
wowgr8

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
06 May 2024, 14:39

The reports about Imola upgrade being worth only 0.25 better be a very low-ball estimate.
A bit fishy how easily McL find these big in season gains? 4 tenths is massive

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

wowgr8 wrote:
06 May 2024, 14:44
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

It's not fishy if they do it once, they might've burnt through a large part of their development budget.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
06 May 2024, 14:53
wowgr8 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

It's not fishy if they do it once, they might've burnt through a large part of their development budget.
They’ve done it at least 3 times now and are saying there are 2 more packages to come. Stella pretty much said they will be on top by 2025.

Mclaren has a bit more windtunnel hours thanks to the questionable regulations but it’s quite clear that their understanding of what needs is very advanced. They have never put a bad upgrade on that car.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 May 2024, 15:04, edited 2 times in total.

Vanja #66

CouncilorIrissa wrote:

I expected them to start the season ahead of Ferrari, but they postponed this upgrade set to extract the most of it. It's not surprising. There will be 3-way battles on more than a few races this year, delicious :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Our situation has been heavily compromised by the insane decision of sticking with the F1 75 concept after the TD039 and the aero changes for 2023.

Let's see what they will be able to bring in Imola.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

wowgr8 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

What is fishy about it? They brought a new state of the art tunnel and simulator online. They brought in several high level signings (going so far they let one of them go because they didn't have place for him).

dia6olo
dia6olo

Calm down people, I am confident Ferrari will be back ahead of McLaren with their upgrade by as much as 2 tenths.
We may not see it instantly, it may require a race or two but when the dust settles I'm confident Ferrari will have a decent advantage on them.
I have no idea what Red Bull have planned in terms of upgrades over the coming races but if nothing I can even see Ferrari jumping Red Bull...