2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

:lol: :lol: :lol: Seb looking great with his new haircut and no beard!

The Power of Dreams!

Rikhart
Rikhart

Did they really bring a new FW and floor? I still have seen no photos whatsoever of anything new!

dialtone
dialtone

Rikhart wrote:
17 May 2024, 17:36
Did they really bring a new FW and floor? I still have seen no photos whatsoever of anything new!
Wache interviewed and said they did, although not very visible. Also new rear brake ducts.

Paa

Red Bull seems a bit lost, just like last weekend. It is not about the gap to the other teams, but even compared to themselves. It seems they can't find the balance and maximize the package for whatever reason.

How was the long stint btw? I did not have live timing, just the TV feed.

Luscion
Luscion

Paa wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:26
Red Bull seems a bit lost, just like last weekend. It is not about the gap to the other teams, but even compared to themselves. It seems they can't find the balance and maximize the package for whatever reason.

Yea like i said in the race thread it seemed like Red Bull were genuinely worried for the first time in a while, Helmut,Horner and Max's race engineer were huddled together talking right after then horner walking around the car just staring at it. but i'm sure they'll find improvement overnight

take with a grain of salt cause of fuel levels, engine modes etc

scuderiabrandon

Luscion wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:30
Paa wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:26

Yea like i said in the race thread it seemed like Red Bull were genuinely worried for the first time in a while, Helmut,Horner and Max's race engineer were huddled together talking right after then horner walking around the car just staring at it. but i'm sure they'll find improvement overnight

take with a grain of salt cause of fuel levels, engine modes etc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNyzCggXAAA ... ame=medium
more legible chart, the first one was posted approx 5 minutes after fp2 so I rushed it.

organic

shambles lol

DDopey
DDopey

Just remove the new parts ?

Wouter

DDopey wrote:
18 May 2024, 08:02
New parts they must try on track and get data. Last night Rudy van Buren was in Milton Keynes in the sim
to make the updates work better. Let's wait and see.
I trust Rudy, he always does a great job and knows exactly what Max and Checo need/want from their car..
The Power of Dreams!

DDopey
DDopey

Wouter wrote:
18 May 2024, 09:19
DDopey wrote:
New parts they must try on track and get data. Last night Rudy van Buren was in Milton Keynes in the sim
to make the updates work better. Let's wait and see.
I trust Rudy, he always does a great job and knows exactly what Max and Checo need/want from their car..
Agreed, would not be the 1st time that they would have a comeback during the night between fp2 and fp3. Do think it’s more to the procedures then the test driver, remember that Albon also helped in those situations. Not a negative with regard to Rudy btw.

Cs98
Cs98

DDopey wrote:
Parts seem to be working, the car is very fast in the other parts of the track. Issues in Acque Minerali and Variante Alta seem more ride related, not aero. Still, Checo was pretty much matching the Ferrari's in S2, so was more Max struggling with his set-up. They were also sandbagging the engine relative to Ferrari and McLaren. Could still be very close come quali, but I think it looks worse than it is.

Sieper

Agree with CS98. Ernest Knoors was explaining the exact same things when he was doing the FP1 and 2 commentary for viaplay.

Vanja #66

Red Bull going for Australia load switch again? I'm sure I saw the smaller wing on Perez' car
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Vettel165

Getting really worried now. Where did the amazing China pace go, Max would won that race by more than 40 seconds without SC. This weekend is damage limitation, will be happy with the podium at least. Hope the team at least finds the solution when we go to Canada and normal race circuits. Could be Red Bull the same diva as Mercedes in 2017, which was hard to setup, but when they did in the second part of the season, the car was amazing. Red Bull usually has amazing in-season development, hopefully will be the same this year. Otherwise we could see a big change.

Cs98
Cs98

Vettel165 wrote:
18 May 2024, 14:09
Getting really worried now. Where did the amazing China pace go, Max would won that race by more than 40 seconds without SC. This weekend is damage limitation, will be happy with the podium at least. Hope the team at least finds the solution when we go to Canada and normal race circuits. Could be Red Bull the same diva as Mercedes in 2017, which was hard to setup, but when they did in the second part of the season, the car was amazing. Red Bull usually has amazing in-season development, hopefully will be the same this year. Otherwise we could see a big change.
Worried about what? Winning every race every year was never a reasonable expectation. The performance we saw earlier in the season didn't just disappear, they're simply struggling to find the right set-up in the last couple of races. Couple that with McLaren and Ferrari adding performance and you get other teams being faster sometimes. But as we saw in 2022, having the car speed is only one aspect of putting together a title winning run. Verstappen will be very hard to beat over the course of a season.